Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Hello

I am thinking about making mod that uses kethane resource grid system.

It woudl be biological survey mod, player woudl search for microorganisms for science.

Kethane grid woudl be usefull for indication - "i was here before so next time i will search in another hex" as well as just managing when microorganisms are present and where are no

Organisms woudl be somewhat another resource, but detectiom method woudl be different from standard KethaneDetector module.

Player woudl gather surface samples and than study them in lab module, so actually determining if there is miroorganism resource present in specific grid segment woudl sometimes occur outside specific grid segment. And standard part with detector module has to be inside segment while scannig it.

And i am wondering - woudl such plugin, not using standard modules provided for modders be against kethane license terms?

I would be interested if you get this working - I would like to be able to make changes to the way the grid system generates resources.

I can add resources to it so that it scans other resources and you can set how rare or abundant they are so you could add a micro-organism resource to it and then set a scanner so you have to be really close to the hex to detect it - how you would tie this in to the science side I'm not sure :/

It says there is an error in loading the files for Kethane, so do I uninstall and reinstall?

I'd download it again and overwrite all/any files when you install it. Also ensure that you are putting it in the right folder too. Do you have any other mods?

I've deleted and redownloaded the Kethane pack and still get this popping up in my KSP.log file:

[LOG 02:01:06.337] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/MMI_Kethane
[LOG 02:01:06.337] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll
[ERR 02:01:06.337] Failed to load assembly D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can't really attribute any instability to this, just pointing it out.

There is also this:

[LOG 02:03:24.733] Load(Model): Kethane/Parts/kethane_radialDrill/model
[ERR 02:03:24.742] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_radialDrill/model000' not found!
[ERR 02:03:24.742] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_radialDrill/model001' not found!
[LOG 02:03:24.833] Load(Model): Kethane/Parts/kethane_tank1mLarge/model
[ERR 02:03:24.842] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_tank1mLarge/model000' not found!
[ERR 02:03:24.842] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_tank1mLarge/model001' not found!
[LOG 02:03:31.656] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator'
[ERR 02:03:31.657] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'model001' to replace with
[LOG 02:03:31.672] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_heavyDrill/part/kethane_heavyDrill'
[ERR 02:03:31.673] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as texture replacement string is invalid. Syntax is 'origTextureName newTextureURL'

Hey ive had an issue with the drilling units...

I don't think this has been posted before but if i am wrong then I stand corrected.

The parts in question are, as stated above, the drilling units. For a start the Heavy drilling unit doesn't show up in my inventory at all.

Secondly, the radial mounted one "spawns" into the assembly bay and fills it up completely and animates as if I told it to start drilling. If I launch the craft it reduces to normal size but will continuously loop the drilling action followed by packing its self away and repeat. If I then revert to the assembly bay, its normal sized again but continues animating the drilling action. I have checked the installation folders and I've moved things around, all of my parts are now in the GameData > Squad > Parts folder now because they wouldn't work in the GameData > Kethane > Parts folder.

I have no other mods installed and I am running V0.22.0.351 of KSP.

I have the ModualManager.dll in my GameData folder and the settings.CFG and Kethane.CFG in the GameData > Kethan Folder. Kethane resources are still all in the GameData > Kethane > Resources folder. Plug ins are also the the Kethane > Plugins folder....

Sorry if I've just said a tonne of information you don't need to know but thought I'd just cover all the bases seeing as I've messed around, moved things around, re-installed etc etc without any luck.

Hope you can help me

~FailBro777

I've deleted and redownloaded the Kethane pack and still get this popping up in my KSP.log file:

[LOG 02:01:06.337] Load(Assembly): Kethane/Plugins/MMI_Kethane
[LOG 02:01:06.337] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll
[ERR 02:01:06.337] Failed to load assembly D:\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll:
System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImageFrom (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.IO.Stream stream, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can't really attribute any instability to this, just pointing it out.

There is also this:

[LOG 02:03:24.733] Load(Model): Kethane/Parts/kethane_radialDrill/model
[ERR 02:03:24.742] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_radialDrill/model000' not found!
[ERR 02:03:24.742] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_radialDrill/model001' not found!
[LOG 02:03:24.833] Load(Model): Kethane/Parts/kethane_tank1mLarge/model
[ERR 02:03:24.842] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_tank1mLarge/model000' not found!
[ERR 02:03:24.842] Texture 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_tank1mLarge/model001' not found!
[LOG 02:03:31.656] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator'
[ERR 02:03:31.657] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'model001' to replace with
[LOG 02:03:31.672] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_heavyDrill/part/kethane_heavyDrill'
[ERR 02:03:31.673] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as texture replacement string is invalid. Syntax is 'origTextureName newTextureURL'

Right..... The first one is because a few versions ago, the name of the DLL was changed. Sadly, the only way to "remove" the old-named dll when most people just unpack over the top of their existing install is to replace it with a zero-sized file. This causes the error that you are seeing, which is just KSP warning you that it was unable to load the (old) dll file, which is the required behaviour, since it is empty.

The second one is caused partly by some deprecated parts. They part definitions still exist, to allow old craft that used them to be loaded and the parts replaced, but the models and textures have been removed from the release to avoid needlessly wasting system resources. And partly by someone misunderstanding the texture= line in a MODEL{} block. They are using it to list the textures used, while it is only necessary to use it to replace the textures specified in a model with different ones. The errors can be ignored, since the game defaults to using the acutally correct textures in both these cases.

It is quite safe to delete

Gamedata\Kethane\Plugins\MMI_Kethane.dll
Gamedata\Kethane\Parts\kethane_radialDrill\
Gamedata\Kethane\Parts\kethane_tank1mLarge\

which will reduce the warning count a little if you wish.

Hey ive had an issue with the drilling units...

I don't think this has been posted before but if i am wrong then I stand corrected.

The parts in question are, as stated above, the drilling units. For a start the Heavy drilling unit doesn't show up in my inventory at all.

Secondly, the radial mounted one "spawns" into the assembly bay and fills it up completely and animates as if I told it to start drilling. If I launch the craft it reduces to normal size but will continuously loop the drilling action followed by packing its self away and repeat. If I then revert to the assembly bay, its normal sized again but continues animating the drilling action. I have checked the installation folders and I've moved things around, all of my parts are now in the GameData > Squad > Parts folder now because they wouldn't work in the GameData > Kethane > Parts folder.

I have no other mods installed and I am running V0.22.0.351 of KSP.

I have the ModualManager.dll in my GameData folder and the settings.CFG and Kethane.CFG in the GameData > Kethan Folder. Kethane resources are still all in the GameData > Kethane > Resources folder. Plug ins are also the the Kethane > Plugins folder....

Sorry if I've just said a tonne of information you don't need to know but thought I'd just cover all the bases seeing as I've messed around, moved things around, re-installed etc etc without any luck.

Hope you can help me

~FailBro777

I'm pretty sure that the current release of Kethane only works with the current release of KSP, which is 0.23.0.395 - I'm afraid you'll need to update KSP and try again.

OK, I've seriously lost track on this thread. I think I was up to date at page 300 and something... *lol* Anyways, quick question. Is it possible to develop a scanner that can randomly uncover hexes no matter where it is (lat/long) in orbit? I'm thinking the orbit altitude should affect the speed of uncovery, but other than that things should just be random. Might spice things up for some scanners to have that function instead of the normal one.

Edited by Patupi

I'm thinking mass sensors on a high orbit to detect minerals. If they're sweeping the whole planet it models a 'pixelation' method of gradually filling in the map.Make it less efficient (ie slower to fill in the map) the further away it is from an 'optimal' altitude and I think it could work.

I'm working on a Sabatier Converter cfg, using the Kethane converter part as a framework, that will use hydrogen and IntakeAir (in place of C02) for in-situ resource utilization on Mars to create methane and oxidizer for use in realism overhaul. The overall equation for the reaction is 2 H2 + 3 CO2 → CH4 + 2 O2 + 2 CO. Using RealFuels, I've come up with the following code:

InputRates
{
IntakeAir = 0.717 //Mars atmosphere is 95% CO2, to be adjusted later
LiquidH2 = 0.0000556
ElectricCharge = 100
}
OutputRatios
{
LqdMethane = 0.3775
LiquidOxygen = 0.5584
}

All these values should be in liters. The problem I'm having is that the numbers in the code don't seem to correspond to what is happening in game. For instance LqdMethane is filling up much faster than LiquidOxygen when it should be the other way around.

Edited by Scripto23

That's because you're not defining absolute numbers here, but ratios. That means that your LiquidOxygen output is not 0.55 per conversion step, but rather 0.55 times something else. Usually the input, but I'm absolutely not sure how it works when you have two outputs. Maybe it's trying to create 0.55 times the amount of LqdMethane here, and the amount of LqdMethane is really 0.377 times the amount of IntakeAir... it's something I've struggled with in the past when using Module Manager (engines also do this a lot). I'm sure someone else can explain it better.

In the meantime, I also have a question regarding custom conversion recipes. Namely, I had this idea to make a rare resource not a direct product, but rather a miniscule byproduct of every other kethane conversion recipe. My question being, is it a problem if I start dealing with output amounts that have three or more leading zeros? How precise is the floating point math here?

And i am wondering - woudl such plugin, not using standard modules provided for modders be against kethane license terms?

I'm not really sure what you're asking. It sounds like you want to write your own functionality with your own code, which I obviously have no control over. The Kethane API should expose enough for you to achieve this. (Specifically, use the resource generator API by implementing IResourceGenerator in your plugin, and interact with KethaneData.Scans to reveal cells with your own detector module.)

I'm not really sure what you're asking. It sounds like you want to write your own functionality with your own code, which I obviously have no control over. The Kethane API should expose enough for you to achieve this. (Specifically, use the resource generator API by implementing IResourceGenerator in your plugin, and interact with KethaneData.Scans to reveal cells with your own detector module.)

Okay, thanks for replay.

After brief checking of kethane code i though that it woudl require changin its osurce code to make it work my way, but i will try to use what you mentioned.

In the documentation on the wiki, there is a "Label" field for the kethane converter module. I utilizied that for a custom resource converter. In-game, that option appears as it should (with the custom name) and is selectable (the interface option switches to "disable..." as it should). However, the resource is not produced, and kethane is not consumed. removing the label field fixes this. Is this a known bug? or is there some quirk to the label that I am missing?

Okay, thanks for replay.

After brief checking of kethane code i though that it woudl require changin its osurce code to make it work my way, but i will try to use what you mentioned.

In the documentation on the wiki, there is a "Label" field for the kethane converter module. I utilizied that for a custom resource converter. In-game, that option appears as it should (with the custom name) and is selectable (the interface option switches to "disable..." as it should). However, the resource is not produced, and kethane is not consumed. removing the label field fixes this. Is this a known bug? or is there some quirk to the label that I am missing?

This is what you are after:

https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/wiki/API%20and%20Modules%20Documentation

That's because you're not defining absolute numbers here, but ratios. That means that your LiquidOxygen output is not 0.55 per conversion step, but rather 0.55 times something else. Usually the input, but I'm absolutely not sure how it works when you have two outputs. Maybe it's trying to create 0.55 times the amount of LqdMethane here, and the amount of LqdMethane is really 0.377 times the amount of IntakeAir... it's something I've struggled with in the past when using Module Manager (engines also do this a lot). I'm sure someone else can explain it better.

In the meantime, I also have a question regarding custom conversion recipes. Namely, I had this idea to make a rare resource not a direct product, but rather a miniscule byproduct of every other kethane conversion recipe. My question being, is it a problem if I start dealing with output amounts that have three or more leading zeros? How precise is the floating point math here?

Oh geez, that is confusing. Not at all how I thought it worked. Your explanation does make sense based on the results I've been getting. I think I'll try split that into two modules, one producing methane and the other producing LOx. Then I'll just drop the intakeAir if it causes problems since it is essentially an infinite resource.

So OutputRatios are based on the input resource then?

So OutputRatios are based on the input resource then?

As the documentation says, they are mass ratios. So if you want to make a converter that turns hydrogen and oxygen into water, you'd set the output ratio for water to 1.0. This won't produce one unit of water per second; it will instead produce enough water such that the mass of the output is the same as the combined mass of the inputs. If you set it to 0.5, you'd get half as much mass out as you put in (and the rest is considered waste).

If you want to control the rate in units instead of mass, use OutputRates.

Hello everybody, I was hoping someone could give me some insight into the Zero-bypass turbine, and more specifically KintakeAir.

Only mods I'm running are Kethane and FAR.

What I'm trying to do is build a Eve rescue spaceplane, using Kethane and the ZB turbine to get me through most of the atmo before switching to LFO engines.

I built a test craft and have been trying it out on Kerbin, and the problem I'm running into is that around 11-12km up I run out of KintakeAir. It seems to happen suddenly, one moment the resource bar is completely full, the next moment it's completely empty. This seems to happen regardless of speed, attitude, or throttle setting. Once the engines flame-out they will not restart, even once back down at sea level.

So three questions:

1. Is this normal?

2. Is there any way to get more altitude out of the ZB turbine?

3. Has anyone used the ZBT on Eve, and if so how much altitude were you able to get out of it?

Thanks,

Hey is there any way to export the scan data to a png file? I like to have maps when planing bases and this would really help

Also is there any way to access the debug menu still? there used to be a export function that exported the data to a excel file.

Edited by teohoch

This is already in the tracker, but not this part: Debug mode causes the GUI to break, but only if the Grid Overlay is turned off. If the overlay is turned on, then the GUI works normally. Once it's cut off, That's all she wrote until you go into the settings.cfg and set the Overlay to True, or switch Debug mode off.

I would turn the overlay and debug modes on, Generate kethane on Kerbin until you get it where you want it (In my case the secondary runway on the island) Then switching Debug off

This is already in the tracker, but not this part: Debug mode causes the GUI to break, but only if the Grid Overlay is turned off. If the overlay is turned on, then the GUI works normally.

Thanks! I was able to export the data to a excel file. I'll start working in a program to translate this data to a png image. One question, do I need permission for this? if so Majiir can I do it :D?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.