Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Debug is spitting out a message: "MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'"

Can anyone else confirm if they're having the same problem with .24.1?

Hmm, maybe read the previous posts

When I had .24, not .24.1, I was not having that problem and I had both installed, along side a bunch of others. :/
I can tell you that Kethane is not working with .24.1. So I would wait for it to be updated before downloading. It's worth downloading afterward. I love this mod, well worth downloading.

And yes, I can confirm this problem of you

Hmm, maybe read the previous posts

I did. CommanderJohnKoenig updated his post to say that his Kethane IS working, but slowly.

And MrWizerd was, from what I understood talking about a problem between TweakScale and Kethane..So not necessarily related to the problem I'm seeing now.

Thank you.

I did. CommanderJohnKoenig updated his post to say that his Kethane IS working, but slowly.

And MrWizerd was, from what I understood talking about a problem between TweakScale and Kethane..So not necessarily related to the problem I'm seeing now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

I can confirm what the others are saying. 0.24.1 broke the converters. Drills and scanners work fine, but the moment you try to convert kethane to fuel your log gets spammed with:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.
at Kethane.KethaneConverter.<OnFixedUpdate>b__25 (ResourceRate r) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[Kethane.KethaneConverter+ResourceRate,System.Double].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kethane.EnumerableExtensions+AppendPrependIterator`1+<GetEnumerator>d__6[System.Double].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Iterate[Double,Double] (IEnumerable`1 source, Double initValue, System.Func`3 selector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Min (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kethane.KethaneConverter.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

To all those commenting above, Thanks for the info. I only did a quick test run to see if the mod was working but did not try all possible things with it. I'm glad that you guys did a full trial run and identified things I did not. So, it appears that the answer that keeps being asked is, we all need to wait for the update for the Kethane mod. Lets hope it gets that update as quickly as it usually does. Cheers to all and, our friendly mod makers.

So I cant pull up the Kethane bar so I can see what the planet has in resources the little green box that you can toggle to show you whats on the planet or not it was working on .24 for me then it stopped for no reason and now that I updated to 24.1 it doesn't work still. I see others are having problems as well is my problem normal or did I do something wrong?

So I cant pull up the Kethane bar so I can see what the planet has in resources the little green box that you can toggle to show you whats on the planet or not it was working on .24 for me then it stopped for no reason and now that I updated to 24.1 it doesn't work still. I see others are having problems as well is my problem normal or did I do something wrong?

I can only tell you that my Kethane toolbox worked fine in .24 and is still working in .24.1

KSP .24.2 is throwing an incompatible message that kethane isnt compatible

The difference between 24.1 and 24.2 should in no way effect mods. Only problem is that mods often check for specific versions of KSP in order to notify user if they have been tested and shown to work with it. Generally modders don't know if their stuff works in versions they haven't even seen yet and thus they don't assume that their things work with future versions by default :)

In other words, 24.2 should have exact same problems as 24.1.

The difference between 24.1 and 24.2 should in no way effect mods. Only problem is that mods often check for specific versions of KSP in order to notify user if they have been tested and shown to work with it. Generally modders don't know if their stuff works in versions they haven't even seen yet and thus they don't assume that their things work with future versions by default :)

In other words, 24.2 should have exact same problems as 24.1.

Yes it's true that the software might throw an incompatibility message simply because the game version is .24.2 and the mod is for version .24. In this case though it has been determined that certain parts of Kethane are not working as of .24.1. So it is safe to assume that Kethane needs to be updated for the most recent version. With a little patience I'm sure the mod makers will get the mods updated as well.

Again I say Cheers to the mod makers. We are behind you guys and appreciate your work.

I've got 24.1 and Kethane isn't working properly with it. The converters don't actually convert anything. The drills seem to work fine though.

Same problem here. The converters don't seem to have any electrical draw either

Same problem here. The converters don't seem to have any electrical draw either

Just gonna take a shot in the dark here....but are you sure your converters are hooked up properly?? The converters kinda operate funny so ya need to take this into consideration when building craft with converters....if your new to Kethane you should READ THIS THREAD:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35664-Kethane-Usage-and-Proper-Fuel-Routing

90% of the 'problems' people have posted about converters is not the mod but rather the player not understanding how fuel routing works as applied to kethane converters.

Just gonna take a shot in the dark here....but are you sure your converters are hooked up properly?? The converters kinda operate funny so ya need to take this into consideration when building craft with converters....if your new to Kethane you should READ THIS THREAD:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35664-Kethane-Usage-and-Proper-Fuel-Routing

90% of the 'problems' people have posted about converters is not the mod but rather the player not understanding how fuel routing works as applied to kethane converters.

yeah because they have been working fine on my kethan refineries on mun and mimus pre update fine and without problem and still work on .23.5 install on a 8.4 kethan install I press the button and nothing happens

Yes the converters are a little tricky but, since the latest updates there are some parts of Kethane mod not working. It needs to be updated which I'm sure will be done as soon as they can. We just need to be patient while this is done. In the mean time the rest of the game works just fine so I figure I'll just get my tech levels up and maybe scan for Kethane until it updates for full functionality.

Unfortunately I can confirm that converters are not working, I'm using foolproof design (kethane tank on one side of converter, empty fuel tank on other) and converter isn't doing anything :(

kO6mEYn.jpg

How safe is adding Kethane to an existing save game?

Would like to start a new game with Kethane but since it doesn't work properly, i want to wait for an update. Unless of course adding it to an existing game works without issues, it is not like i'm going to need it right away anyway.

I quite like the idea of Karbonite, but until Modular Kolonization System and/or Extraplantery Launchpads support it, I'm gonna stick with Kethane. I desperately hope we get a .24.2 patch soon.

I quite like the idea of Karbonite, but until Modular Kolonization System and/or Extraplantery Launchpads support it, I'm gonna stick with Kethane. I desperately hope we get a .24.2 patch soon.

The person who made Karbonite is the same person who made Modular Kolonization System. He has actually stated that he is removing Kethane support in MKS in the Karbonite thread too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.