Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Soo... any good alternative resource mods out there? I won't begrudge majiir his time or wanting to have an offline life (seriously, thanks for all you've done), but I've gotten far too attached to resource gathering to play KSP extensively without it...

Soo... any good alternative resource mods out there? I won't begrudge majiir his time or wanting to have an offline life (seriously, thanks for all you've done), but I've gotten far too attached to resource gathering to play KSP extensively without it...

Try Karbonite. You can find it's thread in Add-On Development.

With 32bit ksp, and the fixes for 24.2 in this thread kethane is not broken. At least it works for me. The scanning, ok, not so sure. There may be still problems. Drilling, converting, using, no problem. Did it extensively today.

With 32bit ksp, and the fixes for 24.2 in this thread kethane is not broken. At least it works for me. The scanning, ok, not so sure. There may be still problems. Drilling, converting, using, no problem. Did it extensively today.

Awesome, how did you get the converters to work? Kethane works fine for me with tawinha's fix for EL compatibility (unofficial 0.8.8.1), except for the converters. Everything in EL works.

(24.2, 32-bit).

EDIT:

Okay, converters work, it was my foolish construction which caused the problem.

Great mod, great fix!

Edited by kari1393

So I have this lander: http://i.imgur.com/3p6L4Wm.png

it isn't able to convert anything? do the converter and the tank need to be touching?

I thought it might be an issue, so I put small radial tanks attached to the converter.

Thoughts? or is my Kethane hotfix just not working?

You need your converter to be connected to a fuel tank in order for it to work last I checked

team.leit

ok so I can't cycle through the mks resources with the kethane ui. how do I solve this? when I click the arrows they just don't do anything. is it kethane or mks?

Modern versions of MKS do not use Kethane, they use ORS.

A noobish question. I downloaded the 0.8.8.1 sources. can someone tell me, how can I compile them into a working plugin ?
Install this.

Find the 'download ZIP' link on the right side of this page.

Unzip that archive somewhere. Open up VS2013, File -> Open project. Navigate to where you extracted the archive you downloaded, and open the .sln file. Project -> Add Reference. Go to Browse, navigate to where you have KSP installed, go to KSP_Data (or KSP_x64_Data), and add UnityEngine.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll as references (may need to hit 'browse' twice to accomplish this). Hit Ok. Right click 'Kethane' (probably the second item) on the right side of the screen under 'solution explorer', and select Build. After a few seconds, you should find a Kethane.dll at <path to extracted archive>/bin/debug/.

If you want to get fancy, go into CompatibilityChecker.cs, and change line 57 to look like this

const int compatibleRevision = 2;

Save, then build it again. That will stop the warning on startup.

*EDIT* Added needed info.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, I mean this with every fluffy thought you can imagine, I really do.

But don't you dare take this procedure, update a mod to a new version of KSP without making actual compatibility changes, and then complain to the mod author that it doesn't work. This will work *in this specific case* because the code is already updated to take into account the changes introduced by the new game version, Majiir just hasn't had the opportunity to package up an official build.

You'll probably even get some more mileage out of this in the future, when new changes don't introduce big problems (or similar instances of git updated but no build), especially if you want to use it to learn some programming. But please, please, please remember that if you do this and it doesn't work, it is not the mod author's problem.

See quoted post.

Hey, I'm in Career Mode and I can't get the converter to work - I can mine just fine, but switching on conversion only drains power. The parts are arranged as follows, from top to bottom in one stack:

Kethane tank

Fuel tank

Medium converter

Small Drill (radial)

Probe core

Reaction Wheels

Engine

So there shouldn't be a fuel routing problem, because the converter is below the fuel tank. Can anyone help?

Is there any possibility of making asteroids harvestable? I think they would make great sense being hard to move around but profitable if handled properly source. Also, reason to build asteroid stations! So are there any plans towards asteroids, anybody wiser than me (with any real modding experience) thought about it? Or is it impossible due to some restrictions or ways the game engine works (I guess asteroids have nothing in common with planet terrain is KSP)?

Is there any possibility of making asteroids harvestable? I think they would make great sense being hard to move around but profitable if handled properly source. Also, reason to build asteroid stations! So are there any plans towards asteroids, anybody wiser than me (with any real modding experience) thought about it? Or is it impossible due to some restrictions or ways the game engine works (I guess asteroids have nothing in common with planet terrain is KSP)?

go check out Asteroidal Resources. It has support for kethane

I am also a programmer* as well, your "Remember: a programmer is a tool for converting caffeine into code." cracked me up.

*Programmer as hobby, and i am very basic at it

I also love this mod, but wish you could add some sort of reference for mod versions to KSP versions.

Arkyknight: There's an unofficial patch (0.8.8.1, done by me) that allows Kethane to work in 0.24.2. It's back several pages, or you can check the first post in the Extraplanetary Launchpads thread.

Is Kethane fully compatible with KAS pipes? Because I have two tanks (one full of Kethane, one normal biprop fuel empty with a K-converter on top) connected by pipes and can't figure out how to make it work. Am I doing it wrong?

Is Kethane fully compatible with KAS pipes? Because I have two tanks (one full of Kethane, one normal biprop fuel empty with a K-converter on top) connected by pipes and can't figure out how to make it work. Am I doing it wrong?

Weird, it should work with the KAS pipes (for me though). Let me check.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.