Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Hi there, maybe am i doing it wrong but... It's still activated, powered (as you can see..) and kethane just dont want to become usable fuel. Roley, Joemund and Sondin kerman would be glad to take off again. Help me or they'll probably die on mün :(

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2014/34/1408587765-dafuq.png

My version is 24.2. :)

You need the unofficial Taniwha's Kethane 0.8.8.1 fix.

Was quite delighted to find taniwha's patched but was heartbroken on the changes it arbitrarily made to the mod. But if you still have the old cfgs from the previous parts, its a simple bit of code swapping to fix them back from the taniwha update while still having full functionality.

--Jak

The Kethane future is still unclear for me, but if it's true that it'll be discontinued, that's a sad day today. I will miss you, Kethane. No Karbonite shall ever replace the feels, the great (and not-so-great) moments we had together.

Although looks like I'll have to be downloading Karbonite soon... :P

The Kethane future is still unclear for me, but if it's true that it'll be discontinued, that's a sad day today. I will miss you, Kethane. No Karbonite shall ever replace the feels, the great (and not-so-great) moments we had together.

Although looks like I'll have to be downloading Karbonite soon... :P

Wait. What? Where has it been suggested that Kethane is going? :P

Wait. What? Where has it been suggested that Kethane is going? :P

Honestly nothing really has to be said. Just by looking at the current information.

1. Majiir, Kethane's developer last posted in this thread on July 17th. Granted he said he had RL issues and granted temporary rights for others to maintain compatibility. But since then he has been MIA.

2. With nothing being heard in over a month, it becomes difficult to know what the future of the mod is. Again I am sure he is busy, but to not even drop a line (hey guys still swamped, but I will be back. Or hey guys looking to pass the torch for the mod to someone else) makes its future unclear.

3. Given the licensing nature of the mod, it makes it difficult to impossible for the community to continue the mod forward without Majiir officially passing the torch. I commend those who have taken the time to patch it up in the short term, but long term it starts getting fuzzy.

I would guess that if Majiir remains MIA long enough this mod with whither on the vine. Darn shame really.

Oicani, it's because this is a classic. It had been the resource system that people added to have. Sure you can move on, but I grew up (in KSP experience terms) to this. It's the 'Megaman classic' of KSP's resource addons. (in conjunction to the trailer's choice of music.) -resuming inline discussion- (apologies, will avoid going out of line myself)

Edited by PanWieldingMann

Karbonite is cool, i like it too. But like the others said, Kethane is part of us, we grew up here with it and is different from Karbonite. You can read about even on the first post from the Karbonite autor. They are not concurrent. They can coexist and do different stuff. Can have the same purpose, but still, i love to have both options on my install.

And like NathanKell said, no more talking about "this is better than..." and sort on.

Lets hope Kethane come strongly after the autor have more time to it.

No pressure to Majiir, that we love too, is a great member of this community.

Cheers!

Edited by Climberfx

Karbonite is cool, i like it too. But like the others said, Kethane is part of us, we grew up here with it and is different from Karbonite. You can read about even on the first post from the Karbonite autor. They are not concurrent. They can coexist and do different stuff. Can have the same purpose, but still, i love to have both options on my install.

And like NathanKell said, no more talking about "this is better than..." and sort on.

Lets hope Kethane come strongly after the autor have more time to it.

No pressure to Majiir, that we love too, is a great member of this community.

Cheers!

I think your "h" key is stuck in the wrong places.

Edited by Climberfx

Using latest 24.2 and I've installed kethan + the unofficial 0.24.2 patch.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

I've activated the kethan conversion on an orbiting base, but no conversion is happening.

It's my first time trying to get something to work. Perhaps I just missed some detail.

I also notice that converting mono-propellant isn't an option.

RXEmHsg.png

Edited by davidparks21

I heard Kethane Officially updated to 0.24.2 without using third party files. NO ?

I don't know, the first page of this thread shows 0.24.0 and I found a thread in there regarding an "unofficial" 0.24.2 patch that should be applied. I did so, though not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or if there's actually some kind of incompatibility problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.