Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Is there a way to prevent the Kethane window from ALWAYS appearing. It seems that no matter what scene I'm in or switch to or from that little green window is always showing up. I can hide it by clicking the toolbar icon, but if I change scene it shows up again. (REALLY getting annoying.)

Landed my first refinery on Minmus. Unfortunately it appears that https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/issues/139 has recurred. My drills are dipping deeper than the resource box for the kethane, and so they don't work unless my lander hops up in the air a half meter.

I've temporarily worked around this by changing the rescale factor of kethane_heavyDrill in order to make my drills smaller. In the future I'll just mount them higher up on the lander :/

Edit: Pictures

843qR4T.jpg

Edited by Riph

Why not just have Advanced Grabbing Units sticking out of the sides of the refinery? That way I can drive a rover tanker of any height up to it.

Using an AGU on the rover would work. Putting AGUs on the refinery is asking for rovers to be driven into an armed AGU, which is known to cause physics failures.

Hello, I haven't played in some time and I'm updating my mods. I remember that when scanning for Kethane the vessel should be active for the scanner to work. So I must ask if this is still the case or if the scanning now works also when using other ships.

Using an AGU on the rover would work. Putting AGUs on the refinery is asking for rovers to be driven into an armed AGU, which is known to cause physics failures.

I ended up with AGUs on the rover, it helps it dock to ships in orbit as well, so it does double duty.

One of my early prototypes had AGUs on the refinery, and I experienced no physics failures in my tests. I'm glad for the warning though, I'll be careful with this configuration in the future.

Please post what has worked for you to help me brainstorm.

I decided to answer my own question. I went with option 2, the wheeled rover fuel tanker. However, the CLAWs are mounted on the rover, not the refinery. Here is a picture.

7n5rFm8.jpg

The center of gravity is way too high, and it must be driven with great care or it will flip itself in the low gravity. However that's not all bad news. It's built like a spaceship and flies and orbits very easily.

Here is the refinery design I went with.

219WsfP.jpg

Initial designs actually had way more solar power, but I misunderstood the power requirements of the Large Refinery module. The hundreds of power per second it lists as consuming is only if you max out its refining capability. This would require something like 9 large drills to accomplish. Long story short, it actually eats way less power than you think.

I'm quite happy with my results. Minmus is now a fueling station for all my ships to top off at before setting out into the cosmos. This has dramatically simplified my launch designs, since 'enough fuel to get to minmus' and 'enough fuel to get to moho' are very, very different amounts. Particularly when you have to haul all that crap upward through Kerbin's 1.0 gravity.

• 2 weeks later...

Kethane 0.9.1 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This is a compatibility update for KSP 0.25.0. There are also some internal changes to pave the way for future features.

Changes in this version:

• Removed Toolbar support in favor of a native AppLauncher button.
  • Updated CompatibilityChecker to version 4.
  • Reorganized overlay UI code.

[EDIT] Nevermind, it's broken. Fix coming Soonâ„¢.

[EDIT 2] Kethane 0.9.2 has been released.

Changes in this version:

• Fixed KE-X270 Heavy Drilling Unit scaling issue.

Edited by Majiir

This is really starting to becoming a problem for people with a lot of mods because the native ApplLauncher takes up way more space than Blizzy's toolbar :/

Continuing to support Toolbar was not a good option because it meant I also had to include a non-Toolbar mechanism. Since I'm in the midst of a large redesign of the Kethane UI, I made the switch in order to simplify things. If you are having problems with AppLauncher, I suggest you both (a) ask Squad to address those issues and (B) request a "fix" mod which will make AppLauncher easier to use in the meantime.

XKCD seems to have something to say about this. I personally like vanilla toolbar. Excellent, timely work as always majir.

I'm not grumbling. I just wanted to point out a serious interface issue that's starting to manifest itself as more mods switch (for whatever reason) solely to the AppLauncher before it is actually capable of being able to handle all those mods without barging straight into the Altitude indicator. If every mod icon in my blizzy toolbar were in the AppLauncher it would stretch across the screen and beyond.

Majiir has stated his reasons for staying away from blizzy's toolbar, and I'm fine with that.

Kethane 24.2 issue

I don't recall having this issue with kethane before. I have a kethane converter and storage tank stacked with a drill on the side. I have drilled and filled the tank. I am using KAS to connect the converter to a rover with empty fuel tanks. I try and run the converter to produce Fuel and Ox, but the only option I get it rocket jet fuel and mono. I tried taking KAS out if the picture in the VAB and redesigned to just a converter, kethane tank and empty fuel tank...all stacked and many different configurations. Still no luck. I can only choose to convert to mono and jet fuel. Not sure where to start looking for the issue.

cal

Edited by Calabus

Am I the only one who has the kethane icon in the toolbar, right above the science/reputation/funds icon of the toolbar while at the ship view?

No I to have this issue I can work around it but it is quite distracting. hope they can fix it soon.

Rocket fuel does both liquid fuel and oxidizer so you can't do just fuel or just oxy.

*edit

Forget my posts. I was retarded and must have been up way too late playing. I was reading the converter menu incorrectly. Thanks for the replies though!

Edited by Calabus

Is it possible to change the mechanics, so resources doesn't actually drain/empty when mined?

Yes.

Easy way: Edit the generator parameters in the resource configuration file. Set a high number for both minimum and maximum deposit quantity.

Hard way: Modify LegacyResourceGenerator.BodyDeposits.Extract(), or even replace the generator entirely.

I'm having the same issue as well. Not a game breaker but a little annoying as it's hard to hit the right button.

Odd. I'll look into this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.