Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the device that turns Kerbals into fuel is the single saddest device in KSP- mods or stock. While Danny2462 would love it, and I'll probably end up bringing it on long expeditions...

...it's just so sad. ;.;

That wouldn't be so bad if there's a Kerbal breeding mod to make more of them. ;)

I actually think that'd be a fantastic idea for either USI kolonization or Extraplanetary Launchpads- your colony could legitimately expand, rather than having to freight Kerbals in. Self-sufficiency taken to the next level for those people *koff* Danny *koff* who burn Kerbals faster than fuel.

Funny, that is exactly what I am currently working on: a kerbal breeding mod.
Nice. about Kethane... it doesn't work with the KSP version I have which is beta then ever. it just says: these mods are not compatible with this version of KSP: Kethane

I can't get the window where you control the kethane scanning and the grid to open. Can anyone help? The grid doesn't show up either. Could it have something to do with active texture manager? The grid does show up on kerbin on the main menu though so that's odd..

It's perfectly alright for thomson to release the modified DLL. He's correct that Kethane itself is released under a classic BSD 2-Clause license.

As for me, I'm preoccupied with other things, so I'm hands-off right now. It seems the community is taking care of things just fine. When I get a moment, I'll be happy to accept a pull request and rebuild for a proper release.

is kethane gonna be a dead mod? I know your really busy and stuff but the only fix so far doesnt work too good

- - - Updated - - -

where?!?!?!?!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

WHERE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry to disappoint, but the unofficial fix has a map bug and any craft using a kethane part breaks

can someone try and make a new fix? Like one that works? Its great that someone already tried but not being able to load old crafts and not having the scan map sorta sucks and i'd rather not go to kebonite

Edited by SparkyFox

is kethane gonna be a dead mod? I know your really busy and stuff but the only fix so far doesnt work too good

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to disappoint, but the unofficial fix has a map bug and any craft using a kethane part breaks

can someone try and make a new fix? Like one that works? Its great that someone already tried but not being able to load old crafts and not having the scan map sorta sucks and i'd rather not go to kebonite

[Link removed for license non-compliance]

Edited by Red Iron Crown

[Link removed for license non-compliance]

I said can someone try and make a new fix. Not is there a new fix

is kethane gonna be a dead mod? I know your really busy and stuff but the only fix(I know there is a fix) so far doesnt work too good

- - - Updated - - -

like I said, im glad that someone made a fix but

Old crafts and New crafts get corrupted

Sorry to disappoint, but the unofficial fix (<--)has a map bug and any craft using a kethane part breaks

can someone try and make a new fix? Like one that works? Its great that someone already tried but not being able to load old crafts and not having the scan map sorta sucks and i'd rather not go to kerbonite

Edited by Red Iron Crown

I said can someone try and make a new fix. Not is there a new fix

I don't know how i did it, but i did. :huh:

After grabbing the source for Kethane (both!) and re-complied it, it was working fine.

By fine, i mean, the grid is working (both on vessel and in the tracking station + its updating). :cool:

Haven't tested the parts yet :P, but the main problem from this mod at late is the map grid not working.

So here are the .dll files:

GeodesicGrid

Kethane

[Mod edit: Links removed until license is included in the download]

Just Replace the .dlls that came with the mod.

I've only checked the mapping functions so far. No guarantee that other parts may work. But I couldn't let a good mod die.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

I've been using Kethane for a long long time but yesterday I encountered an odd bug.

I landed on Moho with a ship that had the larger converter, drilled for Kethane and turned it on. Nothing happened. It said the efficiency rating was NA. I had plenty of power but nothing was going on. I then landed a large base next to this lander and it had the smaller 1.25m converter. I connected the two ships together with a KAS winch and both converters ran fine now.

People saying "Just get karbonite"

1. try making a lander for minmus (very low grav)

2. use and extremely efficient engine i.e. The nerva.

3. make the lander have big karbonite tanks.

4. land fill tanks AND refuel lander.

5. take off and make orbit.

6. try to top off the fuel you just used to get back into orbit.

7. Get pissed that not only have you used all the karbonite you just mined that you actually have less fuel than you started with in your lander.

How is karbonite even usefull if you end up with LESS fuel than you used to get the karbonite????

With kethane I could do this all day I had stations in orbit of minmus with LOADS of kethane and fuel.

Edited by Ironitaly

For the same reason that we do not load iron ore into 747's and fly them cross country to the smelters in Pittsburgh.

Refine it on the ground. Problem solved.

Or just mount a few scoops and cloud dive into Jool, and there isn't even a landing involved.

So let me fix those steps for you:

1. try making a lander for minmus (very low grav)

2. use and extremely efficient engine i.e. The nerva.

3. make the lander have big LFO tanks (mostly empty).

4. land fill tanks next to the Karbonite miner you've had running tied to a converter. thanks to out of the box background processing, odds are you have a ton of LFO just waiting there. And even better, the spot won't dry up.

5. take off and make orbit (with full tanks of LFO)

6. Enjoy all of the fuel you can now bring up to your orbital station (or send other ships down to your surface one).

7. Realize that maybe, just maybe, you have to think outside the box.

Thanks I was thinking that but was hoping I could use the "raw" karbonite to make what I need when I need it in orbit.

Also # 7 was totally not required, but thanks for the "positivity"

Edited by Ironitaly

You're welcome, I felt it was appropriate given the tone of your post. So I reserve that for when I see outrage at game mechanics :P

Unless you have Karbonite engines (which are almost exclusively for surface lifters for mining craft) there's no need to have said Karbonite in orbit. It's like hauling up a crate of rocks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.