Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

• 2 weeks later...

taniwha, the link to the download site is not working, can you refresh it please? thanks, also if you agree and if the main developer is not gonna maintain this anymore, why not making a new thread yourself and continue maintenance there?

• 2 weeks later...

Awe... I guess Kethane is dead? Maybe there should be a version that uses the stock ISRU system, edit the drill models in blender/unity change the animations, and edit the configs to stock. I miss kethane it has been the longest standing ISRU a like mod for KSP and should have an honorable send off, become integrated with the stock system.

Eskandare: why on Earth would you think Kethane is dead? It works just fine if you install the patch dll too (though I do need to update it for 1.0.4).

I tried it with the patch but 1.04 really didn't like it.

Edit: To be more specific, it spammed the "Kethane.dll is not compatable with 1.04," at program start.

Edited by Eskandare

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the base MOD installed...detected and mined (!)...I am restarting a new KSP 1.+ game and this MOD was important to me I am very happy with it...kudos here to all the work done with it.

The icing in this game for me is that laser MOD ; this MOD is really a CORE MOD for me; I dont use any other resource MOD except for addition to this one; I will be adding many ( I mean like 10 or so) resources for extraction; not just Kethane !

It will probly take me a month or more to get KSP goin again but it will be worth it...

EDIT: I am using 1.02 patch I didnt see any 1.04 patch...

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta
addendum

Yes, I followed the instructions exactly, but I ignored the message and continued loading KSP and the parts are there, but some of the nodes are broken and the kethane drill wont stay deployed, just continuously deploy and retract. and idk if the scanner only scans a one line area where its orbiting. I have deleted KSP and reinstalled, and tried installing the patch in the kethane folder and in the gamedata folder.

Edit: I re installed the folder and now it just says its incompatible with KSP 1.0.4, but most of the problems are solved except the broken nodes.

Edited by Jeandron

isn't there a way to get KSP to stop bugging me about Kethane being incompatible? I thought you just added a version.txt file. The incompatible message included PreciseNode too so I went into the version.txt and changed it to "1.0.4" and then it only listed Kethane. Kethane didn't have a version.txt so I copied the one from PreciseNode - tried both the main and plugin folders but still get the notification when KSP starts

Gaiiden: well, you could clone my github repository, make the changes and send me a pull request, or maybe send me a Delorian equipped with a flux capacitor.

I've no clue what you're getting on about, but if a version.txt won't work for this the same as it does for PreciseNode then I'll just deal with it. I just wasn't sure if I was not applying the version information correctly

Gaiiden: The version check is hard-coded in the dll, by design. Those of us modders who went with Majiir's version checker did not want users messing with the checks unless they were capable of supporting themselves.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update Kethane: I've been busy with other stuff and lately it has been insanely hot (35C outside, who knows what inside at work (over 20 10kW machines without room to swing a cat)) and thus I've been rather exhausted, too.

Gaiiden: The version check is hard-coded in the dll, by design. Those of us modders who went with Majiir's version checker did not want users messing with the checks unless they were capable of supporting themselves.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update Kethane: I've been busy with other stuff and lately it has been insanely hot (35C outside, who knows what inside at work (over 20 10kW machines without room to swing a cat)) and thus I've been rather exhausted, too.

How dare you to have a life beyond modding!:wink::sticktongue:

I've no clue what you're getting on about, but if a version.txt won't work for this the same as it does for PreciseNode then I'll just deal with it. I just wasn't sure if I was not applying the version information correctly

Yea he was saying you could figure it out yourself or be patient. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.