Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

How would people feel about very large kethane deposits of 2 million liters or more that are several kilometers deep?

You would need equipment 10 to 15 times heavier to drill for it and processes it, as well as having to drill 2 to 3 hours to reach the right depth.

You could even have the kethane controller represented as a maned outpost.

All the equipment would of course look bigger, think oil drilling towers and ground mounted tanks etc.

Although they would still need to be compact enough to land by rocket.

Edited by Tommygun

When you update the MMI sat pack, could you include a flat solar panel? Ideally one in the style of some cool panel, like the VB pack's panel. Sorry for harping on about it, but it is just that cool.

Uhhh, this thread is just for Kethane - the Kethane pack has been taken over by Majiir. The satellite and payload packs are still Dani-Sang, and still in the original thread at http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/13692-Mechanical-Mouse-Industries-Kethane-Payload-Packs-Released%21%21%21

Is anyone else having issues with the Solar panels not working in .17? I downloaded the Deep Space Mission pack for its Solar Panels but I am not sure if they work with the MMI Pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have the Electrical Energy Plugin.

Version 0.2 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated. Changes in this version:

• Flipped the scan map so north is now at the top
  • Fixed an issue where processes would happen at different rates under physical time warp
  • Fixed an issue where scan maps would fail to load
  • Fixed an issue where deposit quantities would reset when exiting time warp
  • Fixed an issue where extraction could occur at time warp even if the drill did not reach ground

Uhm, I think it now won't notice Kethane anymore. I've passed a few pockets yet and they didn't got drawn on the map as such, it still drew grey there, and there was also no detection sound. The "last found" field also didn't react.

Edit: could you also please turn on the scanner by default and maybe the sound by default off?

Edited by BloodyRain2k

So I tried to have a colony-seeder that drops powered/parachuted/airbraked crew tanks with drills and storage tanks, but I discovered that you can't have multiple controllers on a single craft, even after you separate them all. Is this a bug or a basic incompatibility with MechJeb?

Is anyone else having issues with the Solar panels not working in .17? I downloaded the Deep Space Mission pack for its Solar Panels but I am not sure if they work with the MMI Pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have the Electrical Energy Plugin.

I don't maintain those parts. This thread is only for the Kethane Pack.

Uhm, I think it now won't notice Kethane anymore. I've passed a few pockets yet and they didn't got drawn on the map as such, it still drew grey there, and there was also no detection sound. The "last found" field also didn't react.

Your deposits were regenerated. Until I implement a different method for saving deposits, this will happen on some releases.

So I tried to have a colony-seeder that drops powered/parachuted/airbraked crew tanks with drills and storage tanks, but I discovered that you can't have multiple controllers on a single craft, even after you separate them all. Is this a bug or a basic incompatibility with MechJeb?

It's a design decision from the original Kethane developer. I'll be removing the controller part altogether in a future release.

It's a design decision from the original Kethane developer. I'll be removing the controller part altogether in a future release.

That sounds like a good idea. I'm looking forward to the new satellite constellations we will be able to deploy in future releases. Hmm well I guess they could not all detect at once could they?

2M series, fuel tank concept

So, there are a lot of ways to do fuel tanks, but fuel tanks are plentiful in any Kerbal spacecraft. With that in mind, it's probably best to go with a simple, low-poly design. Here I have the small 2M tank colored, with 3 sizes in the series (small, medium, large). Larger tanks are more fuel dense (smaller tank volume/fuel carried), adding to the puzzle of staging vs. performance--you want to use large tanks because they hold more for their size, but they're also more cumbersome.

The radial-attach sphere cyrotanks are fantastic! Hold more fuel than the cylinders, but are of course bigger and heavier--or not; alternatively, they could be smaller and lighter, for rovers, landers and such. Since their CoM is further from the center of the craft, it can make balancing trickier. Risk/reward. Also, they're sweet looking.

I played with the cryosphere idea with a 3-size series of tanks where they stack in quads. Looks neat, but it's not a very practical Kethane tank. It might work great for a rarer and more energy dense fuel (haha, Kydrogen) down the road.

obhPN.jpg

Edited by keptin

Your deposits were regenerated. Until I implement a different method for saving deposits, this will happen on some releases.

Unless you mean it regenerates the deposits every time it finds them you misunderstood me, I deleted my deposits file to actually prevent problems, well I hoped it would, and I've since then been to two planets and no deposit was recorded either to the map or last lat / lon.

When it's above one it shows the amount and depth but it won't mark it on the map nor save the last lat / lon.

I haven't tested yet if these deposits mineable and stay with their remaining amount as it's hard to target land on something you can't see : /

They might be able to. :wink:

This is where I think Kethane & RemoteTech really come into play.

You can sit in the Tracking Station with the various mapping windows up and receive the mapping information with the proper time delay. Then couple that with the new RT flight computer or MechJeb and you can sit in "Mission Control" and order up your changes in orbit and such from one spot for all your flights without having to necessarily graphically load the flight scene, just the background physics (kinda like operating 100% from map view).

• 5 months later...

Is it possible that someone could upload Kethane Mod 0.4.1 pls?

EDIT: Don't mind my request!

I build the 0.4.3 by myself and here is the download (not). Sry i missed to include the sounds and texture files!

Use the download link of paranoidsystems a few posts later.

Edited by MacTee

What happend to my post?

Anyway ihave searched the Kethane Mod 0.4.1 and stumbled over the github folders of the Kethane Mod... so i build it by myself and uploaded it here <- this is was a fail (see above).

Edited by MacTee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.