Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

read the OP for the later of your question (mainly the planned stuff for version 1.0)

there is a fix for the current build somewhere in this thread, but word has it official update will come at some point

and hell yea, Arizona!

edit: or maybe its old mmi post that has the planed 1.0 features...idk, its 4am

I would expect it would be considered highly reactive, since it produces the fuel, oxidizer, a mono propellant And an inert gas, all with just a simple application of some electrical current

With reference to your other question, blended with the first part of my reply, this is what I think of when I mine Kethane!

omega.png

Edited by HoY

Additionally is Kethane considered flammable? Hazardous? I'm making some tanks to carry resources and need help labeling my kethane tanks

Description of stock tanks says "Mining foremen celebrated the arrival of the Kethane TL series. According to the engineers, its overflow venting system reduces disastrous consequences by a considerable 30%."

I'd say that is fairly hazardous. :)

does it work on 0.20

Don't think so

I just downloaded the file linked in the first page of this topic, and in the hangars all of the parts show up fine and stack properly, but when you start the game with one of those parts on your ship it'll just have you sitting in empty space looking at nothing (the ship won't even load). You can open the map and zoom on planets, but you cant take over control of other ships on the map. Sometimes you can exit back to space center, sometimes you can't. And end flight doesn't work. Was looking forward to trying it :/

OH SNAP WAIT:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-4-3-Download-link-now-up-to-date-after-forum-catastrophe?p=385320&viewfull=1#post385320

Download that, if you already downloaded the version that's not working, go into your parts folder and delete anything that's kethane related there. The new parts are put in their own seperate eninge/fueltank/utility folders in the parts folder now so don't delete those if you already downloaded the new fix

Edited by Tripod27

Don't think so

I just downloaded the file linked in the first page of this topic, and in the hangars all of the parts show up fine and stack properly, but when you start the game with one of those parts on your ship it'll just have you sitting in empty space looking at nothing (the ship won't even load). You can open the map and zoom on planets, but you cant take over control of other ships on the map. Sometimes you can exit back to space center, sometimes you can't. And end flight doesn't work. Was looking forward to trying it :/

try reading more than first and last page of a thread lol

page 34, post #335 has the fix.....ive put this so many times on past few pages

Will they just update this already? Sheesh!

also, 0.20+ changed a lot of stuff, not so simple as doing an update with some mods.....entire plugins have to be totally redone in some cases

mod devs are in no way obligated to make or update mods for KSP, be greatful, use the fix, and be happy.

edit: just wondering how fast after 0.20 was out you got mods you published updated Sadron?

Will they just update this already? Sheesh!

Addon developers do this because they want to, not because they're payed to. Please consider that they have lives outside of the forums and they work on their own schedules. They do not have to produce anything for the community.

Addon developers do this because they want to, not because they're payed to. Please consider that they have lives outside of the forums and they work on their own schedules. They do not have to produce anything for the community.

Please forgive me, it came off WAY more hostile and douchebaggy than I intended. I understand this fact, didn't mean to sound like an ungrateful ass.

I'd donate to them if it would help :D this mod is worth it!

TESTED!

o0QYvHH.png

Adding more scanners does in fact decrease signal ping in time warp. This setup uses only slightly more power than a single bigger scanner, but I was seeing better scan resolution like this on x100 than the single big one was getting on x50 warps. I'm tempted to try this with the big ones......gonna be a 20ton+ satellite of all batteries to run that in the dark though.

I'm still a bit confused about the need for better scan resolution. Are you somehow making bigger maps or something? Because the map it's giving me is pretty low-res (360x180, I think), and at that rate it's hardly going to go more than a pixel per ping.

Is anyone having issues with the Kethane fix found here and version 20.2? Anytime I attach a scanner to a vehicle the game locks on the launch pad. I didn't see anything relating to this as of yet and if there is a better version of the fix available, I am all for it. As for the devs of the actual kethane pack. There has been no movement in their github for 6 months or so.

Is anyone having issues with the Kethane fix found here and version 20.2? Anytime I attach a scanner to a vehicle the game locks on the launch pad.

I'm having the exact same issue with the latest KSP (from Steam) and the v0.4.3 Kethane pack. I don't even see the launch pad or the planet just some stars. It is possible to return to the Space Center though, so the game itself does not die.

>>>KETHANE SOLUTION<<<

I got kethane 0.4.3 to work fine in KSP0.20 The problem is that KSP is looking in the wrong place for the plugin data folder when using the "backwards compatable" folders, because it is using the 0.20 folder position, not the 0.90 folder position. as a result KSP is looking in the wrong place for dependant files.

copy KSP>PluginData>mmi_kethane

to KSP>Plugin>PluginData>mmi_kethane

with the data in both locations the Kethane mod, and no doubt many other problem mods work fine, as wherever it looks it will find the appropriate data files.

(I noticed this was the case when I saw that KSP was creating a new PluginData folder in the wrong place)

I tried that but I couldn't get the scanners to work... (as in turning them on, can't even display the maps either)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.