Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Hello everybody, I'm currently having issues loading spacecraft onto the launchpad after using parts from this mod. I'm using a mid 2012 macbook pro with upgraded ram, but this isn't the first time a mod has not worked. As far as I know I put every file received from the zip into the correct spot. I did not move the image files though.7TKXPb6.png

I didn't have any issues with the generator, but my method of attaching parts is always to view the craft from the side so I can plop the part straight down. I'll play with it when I'm back. I suspect it's not fixable by anyone except Keptin, at least not without some fancy plugin voodoo. In his defense, the generator is still an in-development part; it's missing an animation and presumably the centering is all part of testing that would happen before he gives the final certification. It did have two of its animations working and looked damn gorgeous to boot, so I released it anyway.

It is an absolutely fantastic addition to the family. Cuts down on the hundreds (bit high I know) of RTGs to run my large Kethan extractor, works through the night, and variably controls electricity on its own ONLY when Kethane is being produced. Yeah... I'm happy with it EXCEPT the placement part.

The intake fan has its own 1-second moving average. The input to this average is this function of atmospheric pressure. The result of the average animates the fan and reduces the quantity of Kethane required. (It doesn't affect output, though, so it's an efficiency mechanism only.) The value of the average is multiplied by the current atmospheric pressure to figure the actual efficiency gain, which gives this function under constant pressure conditions.

So what happens in vacuum? Fans do not work in a vacuum. I've yet to land my rig on the Mun via MJ2 (grumbles) to test it out.

The other thing I'd like to ask is if the kethane is being pulled from the air, or, if its being pulled in from the containers? I spent most of Sunday trying to visually see how this thing works (Hense the questions) and I don't think I noticed any slowdown in which the tanks are being filled up. My rig currently has 8000L storage, so I had plenty of time. Honestly though, I might have rushed it and just didn't pay that close of attention to consumption and extraction rates.

Still isn't working.

Kinda sounds like you may have it installed wrong from your original post...more info would be good.

You moved the 'Kethane' folder from unzipped download into 'KSP/GameData' folder?

Also are you using the most current version of Kethane? Are you copying over a previous version of Kethane? Are you running an older version of EL mod?

Kinda sounds like you may have it installed wrong from your original post...more info would be good.

You moved the 'Kethane' folder from unzipped download into 'KSP/GameData' folder?

Also are you using the most current version of Kethane? Are you copying over a previous version of Kethane? Are you running an older version of EL mod?

I put the .dll, and PluginData files into their respective places inside the KSP folder. Then I moved the parts to the parts sections. This usually works for me, and what is EL mod?

I put the .dll, and PluginData files into their respective places inside the KSP folder. Then I moved the parts to the parts sections. This usually works for me, and what is EL mod?

This is not how most mods are installed prior to 0.20KSP. Leave all that stuff in the Kethane folder after you unzip, move that entire folder into KSP/GameData. Installing mods 'legacy' style will break a lot of mods that have been updated for 0.20.2+.

It is an absolutely fantastic addition to the family. Cuts down on the hundreds (bit high I know) of RTGs to run my large Kethan extractor, works through the night, and variably controls electricity on its own ONLY when Kethane is being produced. Yeah... I'm happy with it EXCEPT the placement part.

I'll have this fixed for the next update. I'm not sure why surface attach is enabled at all.

So what happens in vacuum? Fans do not work in a vacuum. I've yet to land my rig on the Mun via MJ2 (grumbles) to test it out.

The fan doesn't run in vacuum. (The fan control function gives zero when at zero pressure.) The generator still works; it just doesn't get the efficiency bonus.

The other thing I'd like to ask is if the kethane is being pulled from the air, or, if its being pulled in from the containers? I spent most of Sunday trying to visually see how this thing works (Hense the questions) and I don't think I noticed any slowdown in which the tanks are being filled up. My rig currently has 8000L storage, so I had plenty of time. Honestly though, I might have rushed it and just didn't pay that close of attention to consumption and extraction rates.

Kethane is drawn from the fuel tanks. Bear in mind that in atmosphere, you're only drawing something like 0.3 Kethane per second to produce 75 ElectricCharge per second; running just a drill or two, you're probably not going to notice the missing Kethane.

hey majir, are you going to release an official 2m version of the generator sometime soon?

No. There is currently no 2-meter generator part in the works.

The green gas/smoke doesn't work on my drills.

The green gas only emits when you're mining from a Kethane deposit.

I need help badly :S I try loading up the game after installing the mod... and it is fine, make a storage station using ONLY the Kethane tanks.. also fine... but when I try to put the detectors or the drill on any of my ships in the VAB / SPH , when I load said ship for launch, all I get is the generic space background... no kerbin, no ship, no ability to manipulate controls, and no way of ending the flight (if I press end flight it stays on that screen) apart from going back to the space hanger :S

I have tried all manner of things, including reinstalling and re attaching the mod files just incase it was any other mods I had ... but ... well... nothing 0_0

Anyone know of this problem and it's solution? :P

Only the heavy drill uses particle effects at the moment. I'll be adding particle effects to the small drill in the next update, and this might be the focus of a live development stream.

Ahhh, I was thinking that. Thanks for clearing it up.

I will be streaming live Kethane development tomorrow. I'll be explaining my process and taking questions throughout the show. I'll be working with extractors and particle effects.

Time: June 25 (Tuesday) at 4PM EST (when's that?)

URL: http://www.twitch.tv/Majiir

See you then!

Hurrah! Any chance you can record the show for those of us on the wrong coast who will be at work then? :)

I will be streaming live Kethane development tomorrow. I'll be explaining my process and taking questions throughout the show. I'll be working with extractors and particle effects.

Time: June 25 (Tuesday) at 4PM EST (when's that?)

URL: http://www.twitch.tv/Majiir

See you then!

This is exactly what I need to see. Thanks for doing this.

No. There is currently no 2-meter generator part in the works.

i doesnt have to have a new model or anything, just use the small version and adjust the rescale factor in the cfg and tweak the mass and energy production values etc..

ive done it myself but i'd prefer something with official values

i doesnt have to have a new model or anything, just use the small version and adjust the rescale factor in the cfg and tweak the mass and energy production values etc..

ive done it myself but i'd prefer something with official values

You're free to rescale it yourself. There won't be a 2-meter generator in the Kethane package unless it's a distinct design.

OK, Since it seems my questions are getting missed in the EL thread I'll ask this here. With the ore and Kethane deposits under Kethane system, is it possible at present for there to be ore and Kethane on one spot? So far every time I've restarted the maps I've seen no spots with both on, but this might be just coincidence. I just wondered if such 'sweet spots' are possible at present, or might be possible in future or if this is a limitation of the system to only have one or the other at any given spot. Even if you have to use separate mining systems, not having to use rovers and/or hoppers to ship one or other of the materials in would be nice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.