Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I think I have found an issue... I installed .7.1, and I had probes in orbit around Minmus since, like, .6, so I don't know if that affects it, but when I go on the map view to see the locations of the deposits, the grid is UNDER the mountains...

how can I find the old installation, so I don't delete the wrong items / MODS ?

Delete MMI_Kethane.dll from KSP/Plugins and delete all Kethane part folders from KSP/Parts.

I think I have found an issue... I installed .7.1, and I had probes in orbit around Minmus since, like, .6, so I don't know if that affects it, but when I go on the map view to see the locations of the deposits, the grid is UNDER the mountains...

Everywhere, or just one or two spots? I just found a place where the mesh clips through that I missed before, so I'll fix that in the next update. If it's everything, that's a different issue.

Wow! Just wow!

I've had a similar problem with extra-planetary launchpads recently (where drilling a Kethane-rich area does not yield any deposits), although I had blamed it on my Hyperedit testing. Uninstalled EL anyway until it matures.

This is great Majir. Really good stuff! Thankyou.

I've had a similar problem with extra-planetary launchpads recently (where drilling a Kethane-rich area does not yield any deposits), although I had blamed it on my Hyperedit testing. Uninstalled EL anyway until it matures.

Give it another try. Upon further inspection it had nothing to do with EL.

OK, fair enough. My initial thought was that using Hyperedit to change my orbit to another planet might be the problem.

On changing planet, then warping to 500m above co-ordinates 0,0 on Duna, the game slows to a brief crawl (presumably to load assets), but fails to give any kethane on drilling. I had wondered if this warping somehow skipped loading Kethane data (I have no idea how the game works, so I'm just theorising).

If I warp and land at another location, it doesn't seem to occur. No big deal as I'm only using Hyperedit to test whether the craft actually works in that environment, but I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Wow, great work Majiir. I sat mesmerised as my scanner flew around Minmus at 1000x drawing lines, revealing the map. I spotted a small place on Minmus where the terrain seems to extend above the Map Overlay. Pic attached with coordinates.

s55x.png

Keep up the good work, it's unbelievable how much you have added to the game recently.

Cheers

One little request. Is it possible to have the little Kethane Scan Map window to remember its position on the screen so that it doesnt have to be re positioned constantly (Like how MechJeb windows remember their location).

What altitude are your at (and what scanner are you using) to run it at x1000?

The most I seem to be able to run it at is x100, otherwise, it stops scanning.

Edited by TMS

What altitude are your at (and what scanner are you using) to run it at x1000?

The most I seem to be able to run it at is x100, otherwise, it stops scanning.

I'm the same as you, testing it now too. I lowered detecting period to 0.5 and it still runs 'choppy' at x1000, but x100 is always perfect.

Yup. I'm seeing this on load too. I wonder if it's assuming that Kerbin is in map mode, and is drawing the kethane map atop of it.

Here's my screen :huh:

q23bBze.jpg

In any case, awesome (and better) way to use the map for Kethane. Hopefully other mods will follow along your lead, maybe even attach the resource management through the mod.

Separate question though, is there a way to observe the scanned map without having to sit in mapview the entire time?

Edited by Dexee

I have a possible idea as to what is causing that glitch. In the game, there are really two separate universes, the normal size one, and another one that is 6,000 times smaller. This smaller universe is called ScaledSpace. In order to stop extreme jittering due to floating-point precision inaccuracies at long distances, the ScaledSpace universe is slowly faded into view, while the normal universe is slowly faded out of view. The ScaledSpace model of Kerbin is the one present on both the title screen and the map view. So, if a geodesic Kethane map is drawn onto the ScaledSpace model of Kerbin, the map will appear on the title screen, and the map view, as the same ScaledSpace Kerbin is used in both instances. This could be solved by putting in a piece of code that would block out the Kethane map from all scenes that are not the map view.

Spica

Everywhere, or just one or two spots? I just found a place where the mesh clips through that I missed before, so I'll fix that in the next update. If it's everything, that's a different issue.

I have the problem of (almost) everything being covered by the mesh.

WeYYvVS.jpg

I checked all the other planets/moons and the only affected ones are: Minmus, Gilly, Ike, Bop, and Pol.

Slight bug 1: the 'Resource Info' tooltip carries over from the map screen into the game screen. This happens if your cursor is hovering over a hexagon when you press 'M'.

Slight bug 2: the detection sound bugs out if you press 'M' repeatedly in quick succession. Resolves itself by pressing 'M' again.

Slight bug 3: the tone of the detection sound experiences a sort of Doppler effect when you scroll in or out of the game screen. Not sure if intentional.

Slight bug 4: the 'Kethane Scan Map' menu doesn't honour F2 command to remove GUIs.

Slight bug 5: when a map is only partially revealed, sunrises and sunsets create a weird strobe effect (as the light is blocked by filled hexagons?) in map view.

Edited by TMS

Majiir, the new code is significantly faster than the old, I'm actually only getting the background lag I get normally.

If I add a Kethane resource to my mod, will it require the plugin to even load or will KSP ignore the definitions?

Also, did you do the colors by trial and error or was there some voodoo involved I don't know of?

I've tried scanning Kerbin at 120k, and 200k altitude. The fastest time warp I can do without the scan skipping is 10x.

Question regarding moving Kethane. The only way to refuel other ships/tanks is through docking now? No more kethane "beam" device/mod? Last I saw that no longer worked after 0.17 KSP. Is that correct?

Question regarding moving Kethane. The only way to refuel other ships/tanks is through docking now? No more kethane "beam" device/mod? Last I saw that no longer worked after 0.17 KSP. Is that correct?

If I understand right, you can use KAS and the removable radial KAS port and you should be able to transfer that way.

I've tried scanning Kerbin at 120k, and 200k altitude. The fastest time warp I can do without the scan skipping is 10x.

Best orbit for scanning Kerbin I've found (so far) is at 283km with 83.6deg inclination. If your having issues scanning during time warp then add more scanners. Also make sure the satellites power grid can handle all the scanners so your not getting any 'dark spots'.

Currently KAS is the best way to transfer resources at a distance that I know of.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.