Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I have an issue with the common problem of "I cant end the flight". I have tried multiple things,(taking it out of the programs86x folder, reinstalling, and doing it on a stock ksp, running as admin) A line in my ksp text document says this...

[EXC 19:14:04.743] IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\camboj\Documents\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\settings.cfg".

Please rename all parts beginning with

"MMI.K "

to use

"kethane_"

and change all part names with spaces to use underscores instead. Using spaces in part names breaks a lot of modding functionality.

Regarding the file saving issue, which manifests in being unable to end flight: This is not a Kethane bug. Please discuss this in another support forum. This is a KSP bug and/or an issue with your KSP configuration. To my knowledge, there is nothing I can do to fix it. I could add checks to mitigate the freezing behavior, but that would not solve the underlying problem and would result in data loss without any obvious symptoms. If someone comes up with reproduction steps and a solution, I can add a proper warning message.

Please rename all parts beginning with "MMI.K " to use "kethane_" and change all part names with spaces to use underscores instead. Using spaces in part names breaks a lot of modding functionality.

This has been planned for a long time, but it would break both saves and craft files without some kind of transitioning mechanism. I had planned to wait until a craft-breaking KSP release. Could you be specific about what issues the naming causes? You're the first to mention it.

This has been planned for a long time, but it would break both saves and craft files without some kind of transitioning mechanism. I had planned to wait until a craft-breaking KSP release. Could you be specific about what issues the naming causes? You're the first to mention it.

Next release will break save files. Might not break craft files, but we don't know if any release will ever do that (probably, but you never know). Since a lot of people will be essentially starting fresh anyway, it might be a good time.

I don't know which problems Frederf might have encountered, but I know spaces in names make ModuleManager grumpy.

Running as admin fixed VAB issue with placing kethane parts, but the flight ending and part list disappearing are still occurring. Directory is, and always has been, in my Documents folder.

Debug log.

Check post #1716 this thread. It's for creating LiquidOxygen and LiquidH2 re: modular fuel.

Have you tried replacing the spaces with underscores in the @PART[] node? If that doesn't work, Module Manager should be able to add support for it.

Could the geodesic grid idea be used for clouds?

Are clouds hexagonal with the occasional pentagon?

Hello to all;

I am running this mod for the first time. I have my detectors working, and can see the hex map in the tracking center. However, from the tutorials and such, I thought there was a smaller map that was visible from the active ship. is this not the case, or am I doing something really dumb. my guess is the later.... thanks for any help.

DrTedAstro.

The error is occurring in KSP code. Here's the relevant stacktrace:

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Games\KSP_0.20.2\GameData\Kethane\settings.cfg".
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kethane.SettingsManager.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It looks like Kethane is providing the correct path and you have some kind of file permissions issue.

Ok, I know what to do about that. Thank you Majiir!

Hello to all;

I am running this mod for the first time. I have my detectors working, and can see the hex map in the tracking center. However, from the tutorials and such, I thought there was a smaller map that was visible from the active ship. is this not the case, or am I doing something really dumb. my guess is the later.... thanks for any help.

DrTedAstro.

The small rectangular map was in earlier versions. It was replaced by the geodesic sphere map thing. Not dumb at all; the tutorials and images often don't mention version numbers.

Hi Everyone,

I've just launched my first scanning cluster around Minmus, and i would like to know if there is a way to have all my 4 probes scanning at the same time without having to follow them one by one, as rapid scanning was the main purpose of this trip ?

Great mod anyway, i'm planning to deploy mining lander as for now, and maybe a refuelling grid alongside with Extraplanetary Launchpad for later !

Hi Everyone,

I've just launched my first scanning cluster around Minmus, and i would like to know if there is a way to have all my 4 probes scanning at the same time without having to follow them one by one, as rapid scanning was the main purpose of this trip ?

Great mod anyway, i'm planning to deploy mining lander as for now, and maybe a refuelling grid alongside with Extraplanetary Launchpad for later !

A ship has to be active to scan, this is a KSP limitation. The rapid scanning method that works is lots of scanner at high time warp...read back, lots been said about it, probably not to hard to find.

@kodemunkey Yes you can use a rover to scan, but its gonna take you FOREVER compared to letting a sat do it.

I have written bug reporting guidelines which apply to all reports here and on the tracker. The number of false or low-quality reports has risen substantially of late, and in order to identify real issues it's important these guidelines be followed.

I want to take a second to thank the heroes who answer questions and help other users. (You know who you are!) I read the thread regularly, but I can't answer every question (and usually I've already answered it elsewhere). I encourage you guys to keep it up and feel free to answer on my behalf if it's an issue I've spoken on before; if something is incorrect, I'll see it and correct it. It's a big help and keeps supporting the mod manageable.

I also want to thank everyone for the compliments and praise. I usually only respond to posts that directly relate to some aspect of the mod's development, but your appreciation is in turn much appreciated.

[EDIT] Also, everyone feel free to edit the wiki! It could be much improved as a reference, and I'd like to focus my time on the API documentation where I can't really enlist anyone's help.

[EDIT 2] The list of known non-Kethane issues has been created.

Edited by Majiir

That smaller map is gone (the tutorials are out of date). You can see the hex map in the map view (not just the tracking station).

Are you sure you can't see it on the tracking station? I could have sworn the little toggle window popped up last time I looked.

Here is a paste of some of my log from today: Included original post so Majiir has is to refer back to. Here is the log paste: Running kethane 0.7.3

[WRN 12:26:12.165] [Kethane] Saving settings

[LOG 12:26:13.290] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'MapOverlay' from assembly 'MMI_Kethane, Version=1.0.4930.12805, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[ERR 12:26:17.227] allocation already registered?

[ERR 12:26:17.837] allocation already registered?

[ERR 12:26:17.977] No Texture memory available to upload

[ERR 12:26:18.040] No Texture memory available to upload

[ERR 12:26:18.212] No Texture memory available to upload

[ERR 12:26:18.212] No Texture memory available to upload

[ERR 12:26:18.227] No Texture memory available to upload

[WRN 12:26:20.118] [Kethane] Saving settings

[LOG 12:26:20.805] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:20.837] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:20.852] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:20.884] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:20.915] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[WRN 12:26:20.930] Cannot find preset 'Low' for pqs 'Eeloo'

[LOG 12:26:20.930] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:20.962] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:20.993] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[WRN 12:26:21.024] Cannot find preset 'Low' for pqs 'Pol'

[LOG 12:26:21.024] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.040] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[WRN 12:26:21.071] Cannot find preset 'Low' for pqs 'Dres'

[LOG 12:26:21.071] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.102] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.118] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.149] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.180] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.212] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.227] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:21.259] PQS - Graphics shader in fallback mode

[LOG 12:26:22.009] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'MapOverlay' from assembly 'MMI_Kethane, Version=1.0.4930.12805, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[LOG 12:26:22.055] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------

[LOG 12:26:22.430] [CREW ROSTER]: Resuming from SFS

[LOG 12:26:22.430] Loading ship from file: G:/KSP/KSP_win/KSP_Data/../saves/Kodorf/Ships/VAB/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

[LOG 12:26:22.509] Loading ship

BUG report:

This may or may not be kethane pack related. Other mods installed as well are:

MechJeb

BoJan (Quantum struts)

KWRocketry

Kethane 0.7.3.

Note, All mods are "supposed" to run in KSP 0.20.2.... I always check the version.

I just updated to kethane 0.7.3 and tested, still getting the white glob on Kerbin as I got with 0.7.2

If I remove the kethane pack, Kerbin returns to normal.

Also could be KWRocketry and Kethane pack do not play well together.....However the main KWRocketry thread is closed.

See image:

711245_orig.jpg

Edited by Thrundar

Here is a paste of some of my log from today: Included original post so Majiir has is to refer back to. Here is the log paste: Running kethane 0.7.3

I switched to fallback shaders to see if that's the issue, but everything looks fine to me. The logs indicate a texture isn't loading. Here's an illustration of what I think is happening: http://i4.minus.com/iRm1wltvuetQq.png

Since someone confirmed this happens with Kethane versions prior to 0.7, and 0.7 was the first to do anything with the map view, and because this looks a lot like a generic out-of-memory issue, I'm going to conclude (again) that this issue is unrelated to Kethane.

I switched to fallback shaders to see if that's the issue, but everything looks fine to me. The logs indicate a texture isn't loading. Here's an illustration of what I think is happening: http://i4.minus.com/iRm1wltvuetQq.png

Since someone confirmed this happens with Kethane versions prior to 0.7, and 0.7 was the first to do anything with the map view, and because this looks a lot like a generic out-of-memory issue, I'm going to conclude (again) that this issue is unrelated to Kethane.

I may have it fixed! I went in and adjusted my nvidia graphics settings. Turned on triple buffering, Turned on LOD, and set anisotropic filtering to 2x. Ran through several ships in orbit, a couple launches, and the white glob is gone, hopefully for good. Anyway, not much around on how to adjust nvidia settings for KSP. Lots of experimenting. Thanks for taking the time to investigate this on your end Majiir. As I said, I like this mod. After all, without kethane to mine, what's the point? lol

Edited by Thrundar
grammer

Everyone ought to be aware of their memory usage. I use a lot of mods but I keep to about 2GB. If I understand correctly KSP can only manage up to 2GB RAM. The only parts thst I have on Kethane are the drills, so far the scanner is fine. Most mods with only parts shouldn't effect Kethane as they are mearly models, skins, and configs, but beware of mods with plugins. I'm seeing if the carrier mod or B9 are effecting Kethane and Extraplanetary Launch Pads.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.