Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Kethane 0.7.4 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This is a compatibility update for the KSP 0.21 release. It also makes miscellaneous fixes and improvements. See the 0.7 release notes for information on upgrading from any version other than 0.7 through 0.7.3.

Warning: This is a CRAFT-BREAKING RELEASE. Crafts and save files with Kethane parts from previous versions are unlikely to work.

Note: You must perform a clean installation of Kethane. You can copy previous Kethane deposit/scan files, but the old GameData/Kethane folder must be deleted and replaced with the new one.

Changes in this version:

• Replaced the drilling effects on the KE-X130 with particle effects.
  • The KE-J65 jet engine now works when it's started through the context menu.
  • Detector altitude attenuation is now multiplicative instead of additive, and the attenuation factor was reduced from 0.5s/100km to 0.2/100km.
  • The colors for empty and unscanned cells are now configurable in the settings file.
  • Debugging functions are now available by setting Debug = True in the settings file. Debug options will appear in the resource selector window in the scan map. The debugger part is no longer necessary (and now has no function).
  • Fixed the center of mass of the KE-X270 drill and the KE-G35 generator.
  • Revised drill animation code to further unify the behavior of the two drills.
  • Fixed an issue where a corrupted Kethane save file would break the game.
  • Fixed category attribute on 2-meter Kethane storage tanks. Thanks nburns for the patch.
  • Parts which previously had spaces in their internal names have been renamed.
  • Made miscellaneous improvements to the geodesic grid code. This probably results in some performance improvement, but it hasn't been profiled.
  • Added a generic detector animator module.

Edited by Majiir

Is a grid meant to show over Kerbin on the start screen where you see the Kerbals floating in space before clicking on resume or start new game etc?

Edited by Sof

3KQdG.jpg

Are we supposed to not have the smaller tanks and drill now?

Remove old Kethane TOTALY, then install new Kethane, I have all the parts and all are working in 0.21.

Majiir is a really good dev, he does test things before release...

@ Sierra: I think the latest Kethane update is craft breaking due to the names of some items changing.

Thanks for the quick update! Really love the changes. Just one question, I cant seem to find the air intake to provide the KIntakeAir to the zero bypass engine, do I just need to hack a save file or is there a part for it?

Thanks for the quick update! Really love the changes. Just one question, I cant seem to find the air intake to provide the KIntakeAir to the zero bypass engine, do I just need to hack a save file or is there a part for it?

The intake is built into the engine.

Also the grid in start menu was a planed feature when the geomap released.

Im guessing the grid showing in spacecenter scene has something to do with the changes they made to how things are loaded and handled between scene changes.

There appears to be a problem with the medium survey unit (0.7.4, 0.21). After upgrading KSP to 0.21 I removed all mods and saves to start with a clean slate. I installed Kethane 0.7.4 and built a small satellite with the medium survey unit. It is not flyable, it wants to nose dive into the ground.

I removed the part and stuck the new small fuel tank in it's place as it has the same mass. On the Launchpad I disabled the fuel feed so that it kept its fuel (and mass). That flew perfectly fine.

I then switched that out for the small survey unit and that flew fine too.

So it doesn't appear to be my craft, but the medium survey unit.

There appears to be a problem with the medium survey unit (0.7.4, 0.21). After upgrading KSP to 0.21 I removed all mods and saves to start with a clean slate. I installed Kethane 0.7.4 and built a small satellite with the medium survey unit. It is not flyable, it wants to nose dive into the ground.

I removed the part and stuck the new small fuel tank in it's place as it has the same mass. On the Launchpad I disabled the fuel feed so that it kept its fuel (and mass). That flew perfectly fine.

I then switched that out for the small survey unit and that flew fine too.

So it doesn't appear to be my craft, but the medium survey unit.

Do you have part other than kethane and stock on the craft in question. CoM and mass of medium scaner look fine, all good in config too. Just tested 3 launches with med scan and all went well...better with new sas systems actually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.