Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

It works for me unless I load a quicksave. After that, the hex map is broken. Seems like its scaling gets inverted, so when you zoom out of a planet you can see the hex grid collapse in (and past it) to disappear, zoom in and the opposite occurs.

Have to restart the game entirely to get things working again once it happens

Know the scan only works on solid part of the Kerbin, it won't scan on water.

OMG!

I put a polar orbit and this happen.

Do you happen to have small scanners and be on a 250km orbit? Cause then you're on the edge of it's range and it's going by true altitude, so the water parts will be too deep and you'll not end up scanning them.

I noticed that last night when I did the same and forgot about the range change (it was 300km for a longer time for me).

FAR and Mechjeb (last time I checked) were broken in .21 so running them may interfere with kethane. Correct me if I am wrong, is there a hotfix out for either yet? because I won't update till both of those are working.

Both have already released official 0.21 updates, I believe.

FAR and Mechjeb (last time I checked) were broken in .21 so running them may interfere with kethane. Correct me if I am wrong, is there a hotfix out for either yet? because I won't update till both of those are working.

both have been updated for .21. the bug hit me last night also. it seems to be a issue when u load the map screen up. one thing i noticed what the map did is its expanding and contracting around the craft with the kerthane dish. i could bearly see it but on the first instance the map bugged but the map sphere turned clear and moved to center on the kerthan sat and shrunk then expanded way outside the map.

You ask us to delete old Kethane folder in GameData folder..

However your 7.4 Package does not contains all of the parts.. and causes game refuse to load several vessel due to "part not found".

I noticed all of the MKI are missing..

I recommend everybody back up all yoru saves and preserve at least version 0.7.3 in case got missing parts on your vessel..

*Thumb Down* for not including all the parts and causing troubles =(

However your 7.4 Package does not contains all of the parts.. and causes game refuse to load several vessel due to "part not found".

I recommend everybody back up all yoru saves and preserve at least version 0.7.3 in case got missing parts on your vessel..

As far as I can tell, all the current parts are there. Many of the old ones have been renamed, or reworked. Nothing has been "missed". This is why Majir warned everyone it was a ship-breaking release.

Majiir, does 7.4 still work in .20.2? I have, after playing with the new system, elected not to update my main KSP install (I play around with it over on stock backup). I need to know if I should update Kethane or not (right after I make a more complete map of Ike). I am in no risk of losing anything since I screwed up all 4 probes sent out to Jool.

There are 2.0.9 Pre-Release for MJ2 now..

It should be working fine for MJ..

But FAR, i do not know since i'm not a fan of FAR..

That's good news but after screwing around on my updated stock backup, I'm not updating. The new SAS is just too lazy to hold even small rockets (with enough torque and winglets for me to put into backflips off the pad with ease) on any heading.

As a guy who has flown with and without FAR and has flown jet flight sims (and combat flight sims), I will say FAR is damn close to a perfectly realistic flight model and as close as KSP may ever get. I can't fly without it and my joystick.

You have something installed wrong. I have all the parts and all are working 100% as they should.

As for the MMI tags being gone READ THE RELEASE NOTES!!!!

Bug Report: I cannot attached either of the Kethane parts to any other item. On attaching, the kethane part remains attached to the mouse and the nodes vanish. If I have attached it for example, below an engine, it will get it's fairing correctly.

The only way to clear the part off the mouse is to drop the scanner back into the parts list.

The only mods running are Kethane, Part Catalog and Procedural Fairings (all updated for .21). Only Kethane parts are proving problematic.

EDIT: Ignore this post, the GameData folder was placed incorrectly (GameData/GameData/Kethane)... my stupid. Leaving this post on the off chance someone else is as daft.

Edited by Tristavius
I Fail

Does it do the same if only Kethane is installed? I've already build (and launched) 4 scanner satellites and 2 wellhead landers (small drilling landers).

No issues in VAB, or elsewhere.

I have procfairings installed too, you may wanna pop part cataloge out and test.

I just got a chance to play .21 for the first time this second, and I'm coming across something similar already in the VAB. except its with All the parts. i do have a Lot of mods installed, and im sure some of them are incompatable tho im not sure which ones at this point.

edit: yeah something is definitely broken. trying to place some lights bogged my system down and keeps freezing the game. need to remove some stuff i guess.

Edited by HoY

Does it do the same if only Kethane is installed? I've already build (and launched) 4 scanner satellites and 2 wellhead landers (small drilling landers).

I have procfairings installed too, you may wanna pop part cataloge out and test.

Unfortunately yes it does :( oh well I'm sure they will fix it soon, for now ill find new and exciting ways NOT to kill my kerbanauts

Unfortunately yes it does :( oh well I'm sure they will fix it soon, for now ill find new and exciting ways NOT to kill my kerbanauts

Some times having to hunt for parts is not a bad thing. I can't count the number of times I was looking for this or that bit, and before I found it realized what I was about to build was really, reaaaally stupid idea.

Some times having to hunt for parts is not a bad thing. I can't count the number of times I was looking for this or that bit, and before I found it realized what I was about to build was really, reaaaally stupid idea.

Lol I see the confusion on my post Khaos, I meant to say that it breaks the geodesic grid with just kethane installed lol, I don't use the catalog....yet

To all reporting bugs: you MUST follow the BUG REPORTING GUIDELINES or I cannot help you. The vast majority of "bugs" reported in the last few pages are the result of incorrect installations. There are a few that look like real bugs, but I can't help without more information.

"Thumb down" for not reading the release notes and deciding to blame it on me.

Majiir, does 7.4 still work in .20.2?

No, because KSP made API changes between 0.20 and 0.21.

Keeping up the good work I see, Majiir. Working flawlessly over here.

Loving the hexclouds. Best easter egg ever.

#K2K

wow, good eye!

I didn't even see that till I read this, I have 5 scanners out too lol.

head is elsewhere today...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.