Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

well the new kethane update worked alllll the way until 2.0.9 mj came out. But at the same time 21.1 update did too, and neither mj nor kethane were update for 21.1 (not sure if it should be or not for new update to sas)

I have a sat in orbit, no mechJeb, have Kerb Engineer installed, and scanner running, but overlay seems borked, and the Sat does have a jitter. I can't read anything from the overlay, though high speed scan results in "found" beeps...

Cna somone help me, i have a problem. i have found kethane with a scanner but when i landed to drill it its not finding any.

Your drill needs to be higher up; my apologies for the confusion caused by this change.

I have a sat in orbit, no mechJeb, have Kerb Engineer installed, and scanner running, but overlay seems borked, and the Sat does have a jitter. I can't read anything from the overlay, though high speed scan results in "found" beeps...

Please post your output log somewhere. If you're encountering this issue without MechJeb installed, it could point to other mods that cause the problem, or it could indicate the bug is in the stock game.

Hello guys im kinda new to ksp but i realy liked the kethane mod no mather i tryed, i cannot use the scanner probs they keep saying insufficient power. But i have full loaded batteries and recharge units like solar panels etc.i even try ion motors to test it.

What is the problem please help me i have mjeb and some part mods like KSPX-Anvil-Ä°mproved ion motor mode (the mode add some new ion motors for higer thurst).

Ä°s kethane mode compitable with those modes or not i searched all google pages but cant find answer.Majiir i really wanna play with your mode mate i even establish fuel base to eve. Your mode should be offical one and must added to game.GJ and keep going.( even cant play yet videos was awesome :).)

Same problem here: KSP Version .21.1, Kethane Version .7.4. Running way to many mods, but seeing as I upgraded my RAM for just that purpose I'm hoping I can get this to work. Updated both KSP and Kethane, but wasn't having this problem before. Should I start uninstalling mods one by one until I find the cause? Or is this a possible problem with Kethane?

And UnSpokeNames, Resource mining will be a part of the final game: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Planned_features

thanks!

Kethane 0.7.4 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This is a compatibility update for the KSP 0.21 release. It also makes miscellaneous fixes and improvements. See the 0.7 release notes for information on upgrading from any version other than 0.7 through 0.7.3.

Warning: This is a CRAFT-BREAKING RELEASE. Crafts and save files with Kethane parts from previous versions are unlikely to work.

Note: You must perform a clean installation of Kethane. You can copy previous Kethane deposit/scan files, but the old GameData/Kethane folder must be deleted and replaced with the new one.

Changes in this version:

• Replaced the drilling effects on the KE-X130 with particle effects.
  • The KE-J65 jet engine now works when it's started through the context menu.
  • Detector altitude attenuation is now multiplicative instead of additive, and the attenuation factor was reduced from 0.5s/100km to 0.2/100km.
  • The colors for empty and unscanned cells are now configurable in the settings file.
  • Debugging functions are now available by setting Debug = True in the settings file. Debug options will appear in the resource selector window in the scan map. The debugger part is no longer necessary (and now has no function).
  • Fixed the center of mass of the KE-X270 drill and the KE-G35 generator.
  • Revised drill animation code to further unify the behavior of the two drills.
  • Fixed an issue where a corrupted Kethane save file would break the game.
  • Fixed category attribute on 2-meter Kethane storage tanks. Thanks nburns for the patch.
  • Parts which previously had spaces in their internal names have been renamed.
  • Made miscellaneous improvements to the geodesic grid code. This probably results in some performance improvement, but it hasn't been profiled.
  • Added a generic detector animator module.

For some reason the grid overlay won't show up and does these weird convulsions like its expanding and shrinking and stuff its wack

Please direct all posts related to the map jittering/stuttering/jumping issues at the support thread HERE. This is not a Kethane bug. It is not a Kethane/MechJeb or Kethane/stock incompatibility. Thank you.
Alright, folks, here's how it works. Your "bug" reports are going to be ignored and possibly removed if you fail to take a nice, long look at the bug reporting documentation and actually get your report filed correctly. Posting vague information on bugs caused by user error or failure to follow install instructions doesn't help Majiir get to the bottom of any problems.

Make sure you have a legitimate bug, and use the bug tracker on the github if you want it to get fixed. If need be, I'll post a reminder every few pages. This thread is getting awfully spammy and full of a lot of useless information.

Guys, a friendly reminder, please take notice.

Edited by Leonov

hi guys

at first i have to say my English is not good. BUT!! i'll try to explain what i want to say as much as my English permits.

Okay. after 0.21 update, i launched a mapping satellite for searching kethane reserves on the minmus.

when the satellite sits on its ortbit i seperated satellite's transfer stage. i hope you understand what i mean. anyway, when the satellite and transfer stage are seperated i pressed the switch (between close vessels) key to switch to and control transfer stage for deorbiting.

i did a deorbit burn and trasfer stage gone down. then i went back to space center. when i click on tracking center i saw the grid map was not working.

i selected the mapping satellite and clik fly button then i saw the same thing. in the map screen grip map was not working.

after some experiments i figured out why the grid map disappears. it's not about the mechjeb. it's about switching between vessels. when you switch by pressing switch key or in the map screen selecting "switch to" button, map screen runs a little bit buggy. and grid map disappears.

so if we press esc and go back to space center, then tracking center and then select the vessel that we want to switch to and theenn click fly.

that means dont use switch key or "switch to" button. always switch between vessels by going tracking center.

sorry for bad english again. i hope you understand.

For the case anyone wants to try my temp fix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/ScaledSpaceDumper.dll

What this does is for one is dumping all ScaledSpace transforms into KSP\ScaledSpaceDump.txt upon scene change, next it'll remove all null transforms to prevent the map wobble and grid freaking, lastly it'll remove all non body spaces when you go back to the spacecenter because they get created upon entering a flight anyways, but without this they'd end up getting added over and over again, everytime you enter a flight from the spacecenter.

And for the paranoid ones, here's the source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/ScaledSpaceDumper.cs

For the case anyone wants to try my temp fix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/ScaledSpaceDumper.dll

What this does is for one is dumping all ScaledSpace transforms into KSP\ScaledSpaceDump.txt upon scene change, next it'll remove all null transforms to prevent the map wobble and grid freaking, lastly it'll remove all non body spaces when you go back to the spacecenter because they get created upon entering a flight anyways, but without this they'd end up getting added over and over again, everytime you enter a flight from the spacecenter.

And for the paranoid ones, here's the source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/ScaledSpaceDumper.cs

That's beeping awesome, thanks for this. One question though? Where does the dll go? In Gamedata? Edit: I it put in GameData and it's working, ScaledSpaceDump.txt is in my KSP root and I haven't had any K-map issues. Again, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Edited by smurphy34
Tested

Is there a way to have multiple crafts with scanners running simultaneously? i want to setup a satellite network to scan a planet within a day. just 1 craft takes far to long

It's not possible to do scanning like that (with the same level of accuracy) due to engine limitations. Mapsat et al. suffer from it, too.

Is there a way to have multiple crafts with scanners running simultaneously? i want to setup a satellite network to scan a planet within a day. just 1 craft takes far to long

The game has a limitation where only the active craft will scan, the fix is multiple scanners on the same craft. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-7-4-Find-it-mine-it-burn-it!-Compatible-with-KSP-0-21?p=470011&viewfull=1#post470011

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but been playing KSP for about a month and recently started installing mods to make the game more interesting. Had a heartbreaking moment when I got my crew to my mining site on Minimus. Hooked up the Drill/Converter to my silo (via KAS) and bam, 4000 kethane will not convert to liquid fuel or oxidizer. At first I thought it was the KAS mod not working properly so I started searching that down,, but I went to make monopropellent and everything worked as expected... Checked my kethane 7.4 folder and looked at the config files for the various parts, but I can't find any inconsistencies. I thought maybe they changed the variable names for LiquidFuel and Oxidizer with the update but the resources match the stock Squad parts. So basically. I can drill and transfer Kethane to the Kethane tank (build on same assembly) and transfer Mono to the Silo assembly at the same time, but I cannot make Liquid Fuel or Oxi. The mono tank is on the far side on the liquid fuel tank so I don't think it's a connection problem anywhere. Just strange. Restarted several times and the problem has not remedied himself, but I (so far) cannot find a record of anyone else having this problem. Running 0.21.1 and Kethane 7.4, other mods are KAS, Engineer, Procedural Fairings, KSPX, and Subassembly Manager (though this one is on my to-be-deleted list). Should I post a bug report on this?

So...I struck paydirt today, three whole hexes worth of Kethane. In the middle of the damn ocean, just how am i meant to mine that?

BOOOOAAAATTTSSS. Hehe might have to wait for the update boat mod though, apparently still a little broken. :)

Edit: or you can try making you own with stock parts lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.