Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Heya guys... I have some problems with the Kethane Debugger. It doesn't show up.

It's installed correctly (KSP/GameData/Parts/MMI.K System - Debugger/part.cfg), and the part.cfg also seems to be .20+ compatible (PART {... stuff ...})... It also works in my "old" .20.2 install. But as for now, the Control category is... quite blank (well, stock parts).

I would really love to use that thing for testing purposes, building rigs and stuff... But it doesn't want to let me :(

As of the latest version the debugger part no longer has any use, the debugger has been built in to the programing. All you need to do is add a line to the settings.cfg to enable degugging, add Debug = True to it, it'll enable the debugger in the map view menu for kethane....

I have a problem with the Kethane mod. So far this is the only mod with the problem. I cant place kethane scanners on my ships in the design area unless I restart the game after I start designing the ship for some reason. Then when I go to launch any ship with any kethane parts on it I just end up at the sun and have to ALT F4 to get out of the game.

Anyone else with this problem.

Any ship without kethane parts has no problem.

EDIT!

I have found the problem. The Debug is showing that KSP is trying to find a settings.cfg in gamedata that does not exist. Apparently the file is suppost to be located in gamedata\Kethane\settings.cfg. I look and there is nothing there. With KSP unable to find it the program defaults to a null value making the parts unusable.

This is probably the same problem that Zell101096 is running into as well.

Edited by GenJeFT

Solution found to my own (and zells) problem. Use the KSP updater program, it downloads or creates, or something, a .cfg file that somehow gets put into the kethane folder.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what is the KSP updater program? I came here having the same problem.. any time I launch a ship with a kethane part on it I can't get to a launch pad, just shows me a frozen image of space. I have the worry that maybe the updater is something that you got from downloading the game directly from the author and not from steam? I bought the game off steam and when I go into the directory its housed in theres no like.. updater.exe or anything like that..

The Debug is showing that KSP is trying to find a settings.cfg in gamedata that does not exist. Apparently the file is suppost to be located in gamedata\Kethane\settings.cfg. I look and there is nothing there. With KSP unable to find it the program defaults to a null value making the parts unusable.

That's not how that works; any problem related to settings.cfg is the IsolatedStorageException issue caused by conflicts between KSP and other processes like virus scanners or operating system services. Kethane itself handles missing files just fine.

I'm currently trying to set up a "test operation" at KSC, but encountered... some... problems.

Well, it doesn't work whatsoever.

screenshot0.png

That's my test-rover, which has 4 small drills, a small kethane tank and some other non-Kethane-stuff. The drills are deployed, but it doesn't use any energy and doesn't fill the kethane tank

screenshot1.png

This is the map overlay of that area, I used "Generate Under Vessel", but... Well, as said, the rover isn't filling its tanks. I also tried restarting KSP because I thought reloading it would help. Didn't.

What am I doing wrong? :(

I'm currently trying to set up a "test operation" at KSC, but encountered... some... problems.

Well, it doesn't work whatsoever.

screenshot0.png

That's my test-rover, which has 4 small drills, a small kethane tank and some other non-Kethane-stuff. The drills are deployed, but it doesn't use any energy and doesn't fill the kethane tank

screenshot1.png

This is the map overlay of that area, I used "Generate Under Vessel", but... Well, as said, the rover isn't filling its tanks. I also tried restarting KSP because I thought reloading it would help. Didn't.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Well first thing ya did wrong is use some site with pop-ups instead of imgur to post a couple screen caps =P

But your main issue is the drills are WAY to close to the ground.....THIS is why you should ALWAYS fully read any and all patch/release notes for any software you use.

Fully reading any and all patch notes for any software would take ages.

Because you would have to read roughly 20x this https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/wiki/Version%20History, if not more.

It would make a lot more sense if either the ingame-description or this page https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/wiki/KE%E2%80%93X130-External-Drilling-Unit would tell you at least a little bit about how to use the drill, don't you think? ;)

Anyway, thanks for providing the solution.

PS: Someone doesn't use Adblocker ;)

Edit: Does anybody know what font was used for the Kethane-logo? I would like to make a few flags for my Kethane-operations and include the logo there.

Edit: Yay, my Kethane-Rover-Rig is growing... and also: working! :D

28qvk0z.jpg

sry, tinypic doesn't seem to have a tiny version of the pic >.<

Edited by cy-one

ok... i have recently come back to ksp and downloaded and installed the latest version of ksp and kethane but no matter how much power i cram onto the ship i still get "insufficient power" when i try to activate the detectors.

any help please?

many thanks

Can get all prior versions on Majiir's Github page

Eh? No you can't.

Look at the format of the URL on the main download. You can change the version numbers and get old versions going all the way back to 0.3 or so.

That's not how that works; any problem related to settings.cfg is the IsolatedStorageException issue caused by conflicts between KSP and other processes like virus scanners or operating system services. Kethane itself handles missing files just fine.

I can try to recreate this problem. It had nothing to do with any conflicts with other processes on my computer. There was a missing file and when I ran the update program the missing file was placed into the kethane folder and suddenly it worked. Its the same problem listed here.

https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/issues/148

I actually figured out the fix from reading Timdawson264's post and figured to myself, why the hell not try. Its crazy enough to work, and it did. The problem lies more with KSP and less with kethane.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what is the KSP updater program? I came here having the same problem.. any time I launch a ship with a kethane part on it I can't get to a launch pad, just shows me a frozen image of space. I have the worry that maybe the updater is something that you got from downloading the game directly from the author and not from steam? I bought the game off steam and when I go into the directory its housed in theres no like.. updater.exe or anything like that..

There is a button on the bottom left in the main menu. If you have steam have it verify the integrity of the game cache (right click on the game, go to properties, go to local files tab, its the bottom of 4 buttons). There is also a patcher.exe in the same folder as the KSP.exe. That patcher.exe is what I ran to get it to work.

ok... i have recently come back to ksp and downloaded and installed the latest version of ksp and kethane but no matter how much power i cram onto the ship i still get "insufficient power" when i try to activate the detectors.

any help please?

many thanks

Please post a screenshot (and/or .craft) of your ship, this will help enormously with suggesting a possible fix

There was a missing file and when I ran the update program the missing file was placed into the kethane folder and suddenly it worked.

The KSP updater doesn't put anything into the Kethane folder. (If it did, they'd have a lot of explaining to do.)

The warning about a missing file is from KSP code. Kethane looks for the settings file, and if it's not there, it happily carries on, but KSP dumps a warning to the log anyway. After the first time not finding it, Kethane creates the settings file anyway.

In other words, I think all these issues and solutions are completely unrelated.

any help please?

many thanks

Same thing is happening to me. I had to rebuild my ksp area, but now no matter what I put on sat, "insufficient power" is what I get. I have tested just sitting on pad (not wasting time on launch to orbit) and still have this. Any ideas? many thanks in advance.

EDIT: Using 7.4 with KSP 0.20.? last prior to 0.21

EDIT: Also, my 'grid' never shows, even when asked for . ?????

wow! looks amazing!

I'm having this bug

(sorry bout the back ground chatter, listening to Husky Starcraft

When ever i zoom in or out, the... bubble? that is supposed to surround Kerbin glitches out. Makes it impossible to use.

My only mods are ISA Map Sat, Kethane, Chatter, and Kerbal Attachment System.

Is it just me or does kethane scanning only working when the vessel is active?

KSP currently doesn't allow resource consumption nor plugins to work unless the vessel is active or within the loading distance, which is something like 2.7 km(?). Though I'm pretty sure the Kethane scanning vessel has to be completely active to work.

corhen, I'm having a very similar bug, except instead of the bubble scaling like that, instead just a hexagonal grid does which isn't representative of the scanned kethane. My only mods are MechJeb, Kethane, Chatter, and Alarm Clock. I haven't yet tried reloading KSP to see if that fixes it, but it started happening after I was in normal view and zoomed out very far.

KSP currently doesn't allow resource consumption nor plugins to work unless the vessel is active or within the loading distance, which is something like 2.7 km(?). Though I'm pretty sure the Kethane scanning vessel has to be completely active to work.

Hm, that's quite a shame. I really hope the devs will come up with something for that...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.