Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I'm not sure what you mean by the ordering. Do you mean changing the directory names so they load in a different order, or installing in a different order?

I was able to avoid the issue by installing Kethane *first* and then other mods, but hit the issue when Kethane was installed *last*.

I realize this is too anecdotal to chase...it's just what I experienced.

We're setting the bar high, papa Dani-Sang. :wink: Orbital construction may or may not be in the cards for Kethane, but it's a cool thought for the long term. Some ideas we're tossing around, like orbital construction and a Kethane campaign, we'd ideally like to see developed and maintained by other modders so we can stay focused on core features and build out Kethane as a mining element for KSP.

We're setting the bar high, papa Dani-Sang. :wink: Orbital construction may or may not be in the cards for Kethane, but it's a cool thought for the long term. Some ideas we're tossing around, like orbital construction and a Kethane campaign, we'd ideally like to see developed and maintained by other modders so we can stay focused on core features and build out Kethane as a mining element for KSP.

You guys have been pulling it off perfectly... got good faith in the decisions you 2 make :)

Got some free time... got a moon to mine :)

I was wondering if it wouldnt be too hard to auto generate Kethane under the KSP so a player could test out the complex and complicated and pure mess of a totally over engineered munar rover that weighs too much and probably never touch a moon rock unless someone fetched it...

... be a bit sad to get it there and find you put the pipes on arse backwards :shock:

It wouldnt really make things too easy as fuel is currently rather easy and cheap on Kerbin, there wouldnt be much benefit from having a local Kethane source methinks.

Thanks for the work on the mod though, I havent mined a single atom of Kethane but already had hours of fun with the toys in the mod (my Munar Kethane Mining Rover with DR/IR and Sircuts Slider mod took me over a day to make... before realising it was too off centre, too complex and had a tiny output potential for 18 tonnes of mining equipment in space).

@ASnogarD, we used to have a debugger tool for that and there may still be a way, though I'm not sure. As we move forward, we're being mindful of player accessibility; in-game Kethane tutorials are one aspect of this that we're discussing.

@ASnogarD, we used to have a debugger tool for that and there may still be a way, though I'm not sure. As we move forward, we're being mindful of player accessibility; in-game Kethane tutorials are one aspect of this that we're discussing.

Was in latest release notes....

Debug is no longer a part, its part of the hexmap GUI once enabled.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the model/texture sources;

The reason I'm asking is because I'm making some of the parts work with the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod.

But I'd like the change the textures of the parts so they can be told apart.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the model/texture sources; The reason I'm asking is because I'm making some of the parts work with the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod. But I'd like the change the textures of the parts so they can be told apart.

Modified Kethane parts may not be distributed. For personal use, MBM textures may be edited.

I may have missed the answer in all the information available, but is it possible to have the Kethane scanner scan while you are not flying the vessel doing the scanning?

I'm just starting, and would rather work on building my space station than sit and stare at the probe in its polar orbit of Kerbin. ;) It appears that I have to pick "build station" or "scan planet" and can't do both at once, but i wanted to verify.

I may have missed the answer in all the information available, but is it possible to have the Kethane scanner scan while you are not flying the vessel doing the scanning?

I'm just starting, and would rather work on building my space station than sit and stare at the probe in its polar orbit of Kerbin. ;) It appears that I have to pick "build station" or "scan planet" and can't do both at once, but i wanted to verify.

Sadly not at the moment. Your active ship is the only one that can scan. But you can warp and scan faster. Recommend building station and scanning overnight.

Sadly not at the moment. Your active ship is the only one that can scan. But you can warp and scan faster. Recommend building station and scanning overnight.

Darn. Is this something already on the to-do, or at least on the would-be-nice, list?

Modified Kethane parts may not be distributed. For personal use, MBM textures may be edited.

Thanks a lot.

I've modified the files I'm using, only problem I've got is the texture for the radial drill.

I can't get the raw file to open with the correct settings.

What size is this file(model000.mbm) and how many channels?

Im not a mod dev but I think this was brought up earlier and it has something to do with how KSP is coded at the moment. So I think idea is shelved atm.

It would probably be pretty tricky, yeah. Though I suppose you could set up a "scan controller" part that allows ships within the orbit of the current body to operate. It'd operate more or less the same way RemoteTech does.

I messed around with the debugger and managed to test this mess ...

KSP_MiningRover2_zps4b2cd14b.png

... and, yes indeed I had my converter piping wrong, fixed that up and the rover was able to mine, make fuel, power the generator and make mono prop.

It is still not a practical machine (could of ditched the whole drill arm by slapping the drill onto the side of a tank) but its fun to play with all the moving parts, and it look so very much like a Kerbal made machine... dangerous, full of moving parts and not well designed but has plenty of buttons.

(Of course the moving parts are from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37707-0-21-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics (and R4mon and DYM's DR mod)

Took me practically a day to make that, my fussiness over detail will not let me be... :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.