Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Can you explain what is meant by "Input Rate" and "Output Ratio"? :)

Input Rate is units/second consumed by the converter. All inputs must be present for the converter to run.

Output Rate is units/second produced by the converter. Output Ratio is in terms of the total mass of the inputs. If a resource is specified in both of these categories, the result is summed. There must be enough room for all outputs for the converter to run.

I'd like to implement optional "waste" modes where a resource can be discarded, but I don't think that will be in the first release.

I Have a question, does the ship that has the survey unit on it have to be the active ship? I was hoping to launch many satellites around moons and planets to make it much faster. But it only seems to work when the survey ship is the active one.

The converter module now supports multiple input and output resources. I'll be releasing it sometime during/after this weekend, along with some fixes.

I haven't had rep from you recently, but I am getting close to two bars... :wink:

Is this a backwards compatible fix? I'm about to launch my Grand Tour using Kethane for refueling along the way. If it's not backwards compatible I'll wait 2 days...

And what do you mean with "supports multiple input and output resources" ? I already activate liq fuel, ox and monoprop at the same time and that seems to work fine.

Is this a backwards compatible fix? I'm about to launch my Grand Tour using Kethane for refueling along the way. If it's not backwards compatible I'll wait 2 days...

And what do you mean with "supports multiple input and output resources" ? I already activate liq fuel, ox and monoprop at the same time and that seems to work fine.

But you are still only using one input resource and one output resource per process, your just running multiple processes at once. The new converters will be able to handle multiple input/output resources per process.

The difference is the new converters will be able to support much more complex refining processes.

Like needing resource1 and resource 2 to make resource 3.....2 input to make 1 output.

Or converting a resource into a fuel that also creates a 'waste' product that could be used for something else.

It will open up ALOT of option that are not possible now.

Ah now I get it. When there are other resources besides Kethane this will become more interesting.

A mod I was thinking of was actually giving you a starting budget from which you can buy your ship components, and you have to bring back Refined Ore or whatever to sell back at KSC. Refinement can be done at KSC ground level, in space, whatever. Try to make money that way by starting small to get a basic income and then expanding. The most valuable resources are of course far away in the solar system. It gives more purpose to the game than just go everywhere and see everything explode :) Especially if the kerbals can be given trivial tasks to do (planned feature), like "go to orbit and dock with refining station". That would require less micromanagement and lets you focus on the big map if you choose so.

Ah now I get it. When there are other resources besides Kethane this will become more interesting.

A mod I was thinking of was actually giving you a starting budget from which you can buy your ship components, and you have to bring back Refined Ore or whatever to sell back at KSC. Refinement can be done at KSC ground level, in space, whatever. Try to make money that way by starting small to get a basic income and then expanding. The most valuable resources are of course far away in the solar system. It gives more purpose to the game than just go everywhere and see everything explode :) Especially if the kerbals can be given trivial tasks to do (planned feature), like "go to orbit and dock with refining station". That would require less micromanagement and lets you focus on the big map if you choose so.

So basically the Mission Controller Mod?

I can't seem to get Kethane 0.7.5 to load with KSP .21. It freezes at the loading screen when trying to load Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/kethane_generator and never loads. I've uninstalled Kethane and KSP .21 loads fine. I've redownloaded Kethane 0.7.5 three times and tried it to make sure I didn't have a corrupted download.

Any suggestions? Any other instances of this problem?

[update: solved my own problem. Somehow managed to delete the squad folder in gamedata. Loads fine after a fresh install. Thanks for the great mod!]

Edited by Couchnaut

Err... I have on odd question. How do you mine kethane in water :)?

You either have to build a fully submersible to go down and mine it. Or, the method I like to use, make surface ship, use KAS and some weights to sing kethane drill to bottom and fill tanks on ship.

The second method is ALOT faster overall, due to the fact that you can move at much much greater speeds on the water then under it.

I just downloaded the kethane into 0.21.1 and for some reason every time I try to attach a part from Kethane to my craft (any Kethane part) it like attaches but quickly after it unattaches and all of my parts suddenly loose there attach nodes and the game freezes.

so i have only search Kerbin so far, but my detectors haven't managed to spot a single source of kethane around the equator. Is this normal?

To scan fastest you want to get your scanning probe into a polar orbit (90 degree inclination), switch it on and set it to 4 arrows of fast forward. After a little time you'll notice both poles have been fully scanned, you can now start dropping your orbit inclination back down so it concentrates in the middle areas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.