Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Yes I have noticed this problem also. Oxydizer should be 1.1

Ratio, not absolute, the ratio should be 0.9/1.1 (LF/O)

Since LF conversion is set to 0.99, then Ox should be 1.21 (to keep ratio correct).

[Edit] Or just set them to 0.9/1.1 respectively

Edited by NoMrBond

Kethane 0.7.7 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update contains fixes and minor API improvements. This update is only compatible with versions 0.6 through 0.7.6.

Changes in this version:

• Reverted an accidental change to the KE-C090 which combined its LiquidFuel and Oxidizer converters.
  • InstallChecker now matches Kethane plugins by name, not assembly, so it will detect old versions.
  • Fixed KethaneDetectorAnimatorUnity not playing the retract or running animations.
  • Extractor animators are now optional. If an extractor has no animator, it will deploy and retract instantly with no animations.
  • Removed KethaneExtractorAnimatorLanded.
  • IExtractorAnimator is now public.

Regarding keeping your deposits from version to version: the release notes specify compatible versions. If your current version is compatible, you can upgrade straight to the new version. If not, you need to first upgrade to the newest version which is still compatible with your current, and then upgrade from there. (In between upgrades, be sure to fly a ship with a drill on it so the persistence file can update.) If your deposit data is particularly important, make a backup of your save folder before attempting an upgrade.

So i downloaded this Mod once again after not having it for a few months. I love the new map overlay and it got me thinking. If someone can make a overlay that is raised up off the surface like this then why have we not seen a cloud overlay using this same method ?????

So i downloaded this Mod once again after not having it for a few months. I love the new map overlay and it got me thinking. If someone can make a overlay that is raised up off the surface like this then why have we not seen a cloud overlay using this same method ?????

That's actually really clever... Maybe it would allow for changing-weather if there is a procedural method of effecting the overlay/map that effects the raised segment of the map... Huh..

Have you tried a clean install with kethane (like again since this happened)? As far as ive seen you are the only person to report this bug in recent past.

P.S. make sure you installed it correctly too.

Just tried it and now it works thanks I had to delete the file and reinstall it to make it work.

Kethane 0.7.7 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update contains fixes and minor API improvements. This update is only compatible with versions 0.6 through 0.7.6.

Changes in this version:

• Reverted an accidental change to the KE-C090 which combined its LiquidFuel and Oxidizer converters.
  • InstallChecker now matches Kethane plugins by name, not assembly, so it will detect old versions.
  • Fixed KethaneDetectorAnimatorUnity not playing the retract or running animations.
  • Extractor animators are now optional. If an extractor has no animator, it will deploy and retract instantly with no animations.
  • Removed KethaneExtractorAnimatorLanded.
  • IExtractorAnimator is now public.

Fundamentally (what improvements and changes for the better) difference from version 0.7.5 (0.76 it's just Your ambitions relative to other developers)? I do not understand Your haste. Please forgive me for my English.

Fundamentally (what improvements and changes for the better) difference from version 0.7.5 (0.76 it's just Your ambitions relative to other developers)? I do not understand Your haste. Please forgive me for my English.

Every update has one or more major elements, but I also package all the miscellaneous improvements that are ready to deploy. The reason for the 0.7.6 update was to fix two game-breaking issues, and the reason for 0.7.7 was to fix a balance issue that was accidentally introduced in 0.7.6.

Every update has one or more major elements, but I also package all the miscellaneous improvements that are ready to deploy. The reason for the 0.7.6 update was to fix two game-breaking issues, and the reason for 0.7.7 was to fix a balance issue that was accidentally introduced in 0.7.6.

Please forgive my persistence and patience..... I'm going to continue playing with Kethane-0.7.5_.

Is it normal that when Kerbin shows on the start screen (the one where you get to select "Start Game", "Settings", etc ) it looks like it's fully scanned? I've only did a couple of scan orbits around it in-game, but here it shows all the deposits!

Is it normal that when Kerbin shows on the start screen (the one where you get to select "Start Game", "Settings", etc ) it looks like it's fully scanned? I've only did a couple of scan orbits around it in-game, but here it shows all the deposits!

As stated quite frequently in this thread, that's intended. It's just silliness, I don't even know if the start screen corresponds with real deposits on Kerbin. I do wonder how long it will be until Majir snaps and just removes the feature. :P

As stated quite frequently in this thread, that's intended. It's just silliness, I don't even know if the start screen corresponds with real deposits on Kerbin. I do wonder how long it will be until Majir snaps and just removes the feature. :P

I hope not - I think it's great! :)

easy to remove just add

ShowInMenu = False

to your kethane settings.cfg

Changes in this version:

• [*]Reverted an accidental change to the KE-C090 which combined its LiquidFuel and Oxidizer converters.

Actually, I'm not sure that worked. Or rather, I'm sure that it didn't.

You see, the liquid fuel converter still outruns the oxidizer converter just like it did in 0.7.6 -- it's just that they don't stop dead, but previously, running your small converter concurrently with your engines did not produce an LF/O imbalance, now it does. By examining the config from 0.7.5 I can say that oxidizer converter also consumed more kethane per cycle, which made it produce slightly more oxidizer per cycle, so the rates of production of both components of the fuel were strictly proportional to their rates of consumption.

They aren't in either 0.7.6 or 0.7.7.

I'm sure it's answered in this thread, and I apologize now for being that guy.

Is scanning still super friggin slow? Last I played w/Kethane was probably December. Have ranges been increased or can you scan while time warped?

I'm sure it's answered in this thread, and I apologize now for being that guy.

Is scanning still super friggin slow? Last I played w/Kethane was probably December. Have ranges been increased or can you scan while time warped?

The scanning mechanism is about the same, the map though is a hex grid overlay over the planet / moon you are scanning. It is still kind of slow and you cant max timewarp and leave it for a few minutes as it will miss hexes. It isnt too bad though, a decent angled orbit at about 4x speed will give you a decent idea of where Kethane is.

If you quit Kethane due to the slow scanning before, you will probably quit again which is a pity as it does really add to the game.

If you quit Kethane due to the slow scanning before, you will probably quit again which is a pity as it does really add to the game.

Damn. Maybe I'll just bring up KSP and let it run while I'm lurking around wormholes in EVE Online. Thanks for the answer.

The scanning mechanism is about the same, the map though is a hex grid overlay over the planet / moon you are scanning. It is still kind of slow and you cant max timewarp and leave it for a few minutes as it will miss hexes. It isnt too bad though, a decent angled orbit at about 4x speed will give you a decent idea of where Kethane is.

WRONG!!!!

Everything you said in inaccurate info. This has been talked about so much in this thread....

You CAN scan at max time warp and not miss a single hex...just add more scanners.

I have personaly made a 100% complete map of Kerbin in UNDER 20MIN!!! And getting 100% map is honestly rather pointless.

For those of you that think scanning is slow please do 2 things:

1)Stop trying to scan like this is ISA..its not, and that mod sucks anyway =)

2)Read back in the thread, there are about 100 different convos disscussing how to scan fast with kethane (also just a good idea to follow threads of mods you use....)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.