Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I would like to see something like this. The EL ore scanner is interesting because it is huge (over 2.5m), forces the end of stack (if placed there), and heavy (4 tons). I had quite a time building something that could scan at 1000x and not miss a hex. But it was fun trying. I'd love to see something that big for Kethane that could scan maybe four times better (and maybe even wider) than the current large scanner, as long as it was a real challenge to deploy any number of them. Make us work for the privilege.

Majiir, I'm curious your thoughts on this direction. Is it worth considering you think?

I'd like to see Kethane going the other direction, making probe size converters, inline tanks, and drills. The ability to have a smallish ion probe and an even smaller refueling kethane miner would be awesome. Self contained probe kethane fed grand tour.

I had a need for a probe sized drill for "soil sampling", so I re-sized the radial attach drill. It was effective, however it did not seem quite right.

Just a thought, what if when you 'recover' a vessel from kerbin, you retrieve all it's kethane? As in, if you have a driller with 100 units of kethane, and you recover it, if you make a new vessel with kethane storage, the kethane will be transferred to that vessel.

Just seemed like a neat idea.

Has anyone else had these issues with Kubuntu 64bit 13.04?

When using the Tracking Center with Kethane Grid turned on game the game crashes. (I would have to start a new mission to turn the Grid off)

Both Kethane miners cause a game crashe when I start a mission. I can't mine any kethane deposits because of this.

Has anyone else had these issues with Kubuntu 64bit 13.04?

Have you patched your KSP executable to account for the PNG issues on Linux? Kethane uses some PNG textures, in particular for particle effects.

Any plans to have the scanned grid show up in Tracking instead of the all empty one?

The grid appears in the tracking station and flight view, and it's the same grid (i.e. it shows you what you've scanned).

Hello to all. After i have attached a pipe connector to a pylon, and then i select link, the pylon and pipe and connector go boom. A real big boom...

This was not happening earlier, so i tried to exit and go back via space center but still happened again. Has anyone had this, seen this? If i have missed it, sorry. I went back through the previous posts, but quickly....

thanks for any ideas or help.

Sorry if i missed it earlier in the posts, but how long can a pipe segment be?

thanks.

Hello to all. After i have attached a pipe connector to a pylon, and then i select link, the pylon and pipe and connector go boom. A real big boom...

This was not happening earlier, so i tried to exit and go back via space center but still happened again. Has anyone had this, seen this? If i have missed it, sorry. I went back through the previous posts, but quickly....

thanks for any ideas or help.

These issues are KAS related, I understand that Majiir is now curator of said mods but these issues should be reported in their respective threads.

Here is the correct place for you to post these issues.

Is there anyway to reset Kethane deposits? I would like to set up a ground based refueling network around KSC for aircraft but there are no deposits near by.

In your save folder (not game data) you'll find a kethane.cfg file. You can delete that and the plugin will regenerate that file again with new random deposits.

DO NOT DELETE THE WRONG KETHANE.CFG FILE! There are at least two files with the same name from memory - perhaps a rename is better than a delete until you're sure you got that right. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.