Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I doubt that. (Or rather, Kethane already is really popular.) I know there were some holdouts who were waiting for stock resources, but my guess is that number is pretty low. The download stats will tell us in any case.

Maybe not. I'm not trying to speak for everyone, but there are probably quite a few of us who DID download Kethane, and who use it regularly, but who were planning to stop using it once the more complex (and more integrated) official system was implemented. As a result, things like the inability to mine, refine and scan on non-active vessels wasn't a deal-breaker, and the drawbacks of Kethane's single-resource model (like how a single combination mining/refining vessel can meet all your resource needs) didn't matter so much.

With the recent news that there'll likely be no official resources for the foreseeable future, we're now relying entirely on this mod. That means we'll care quite a bit more about the decisions that are made in its design, because it's no longer a temporary placeholder for a "real" design but a precursor for a system we'll be using for a long time to come. To me that defines popularity, despite the fact that it won't be reflected in your download stats.

So this mod is now our only hope for quite some time (2014+). If there is a chance that it could expand into multiple ressources combining with life-support mods it would really complete KSP, at least for me. So yea, i encourage you to go on with it, now more then ever ;)

Kethane 0.8.2 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This is a compatibility update for KSP 0.23. There are also a few fixes and balancing improvements. This update is only compatible with versions 0.6 through 0.8.1.

Changes in this version:

• Added a deploy/retract right-click option for drills in the ship editor.
  • Reduced the masses of the KE-C090 Medium Converter, KE-C191 Heavy Converter Unit and KE-G35 Kethoelectric Reactor Unit to bring them in line with similarly-sized parts. The generator in particular is much more mass-efficient for power generation.
  • Modified the geodesic raycasting algorithm to use triangular cell frusta rather than hexagonal. This fixes the flickering on grid mouseover.
  • Updated the module info string formatting for KethaneConverter.
  • Fixed a rendering conflict with the Visual Enhancements: Clouds & City Lights mod.
  • Fixed the scan overlay disappearing when the center moves out of the camera view.
  • Fixed a number of cell caching issues which could, in rare cases, cause stack overflows and cache corruption.
  • Fixed exception spam in the editor from the KE-J65 jet engine.

Thanks for the quick update! My Linux installation does not like it, however. It hangs during loading at "Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator". It's stuck at 100% CPU, but the loading hints still cycle. Game boots up fine without Kethane.

EDIT: whelp, nevermind. A reinstall of all of KSP, and then Kethane again fixed it. Something weird broke, apparently. Wohoo, thanks for the quick update.

Edited by aleks

hey guys ive got a ship in orbit of ike. the overlay wont appear and the scanner wont scan again any suggestions??? btw majiir unbelievably quick update well in

I think I have the same problem, I was in the process of building a Mining Base, but now I'm getting no overlay

I can see the grid most of the time, but if I can't see the "center of the planet" dot in map mode, the grid disappears.

I honestly don't know if this is new, though. I know there were situations where you can set the map up so that the grid vanished back in 0.22 as well.

BUGS:

I don't see the "drilling smoke" on a refinery that I had already deployed. The drills are however mining Kethane.

I retracted drills that had been deployed, and their guis never updated to "deploy drill" so I cannot redeploy them. I went back tothe space center and back, and the drills were again deployed. It seems that picking "retract drill" does the animation but doesn't actually retract it. This is with the smaller drills.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Please remember to post bug reports on the Kethane issue tracker and follow the bug reporting guidelines. It can be difficult to resolve an issue without all the listed information. Thanks!

[EDIT]

Good Job Majiir! I popped you some more money. Keep up the good work.

And thanks to you! :kiss: I've pledged to myself that (and to you all, I suppose) that I shall post photos of anything purchased with donations so you can see how it's wasted utilized, so keep an eye here.

Edited by Majiir

Please remember to post bug reports on the Kethane issue tracker and follow the bug reporting guidelines. It can be difficult to resolve an issue without all the listed information. Thanks!

Good point. Sorry about that. Just shot that off quick as I'm at work. I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate and properly report the bugs in a timely manner as my work weeks are pretty busy this time of year. If nobody reports these bugs by the time I can, I'll get 'em in there.

I'm getting kernel panics from trying to unlock kethane parts in the tech tree. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I've never even seen software cause kernel panics. It's usually a hardware problem, but it seems to reliably happen whenever I try to unlock kethane parts.

EDIT: redownloaded kethane, md5 hash of this file is the same as the old. It's not corruption.

Edited by nhnifong

For those un-able to see the overlay, i removed Romferor packs from game data and could see my kethane overlay again, i hope this helps :)

Same issue with no overlay in .23. I don't have the mod listed above, but I tested through my mods and found RasterProp to be interfering with the overlay in my case, for what it's worth.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.