Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Well im back, i thought i solved my problem as stated on previous page but i have not....

i woke up loaded into game and literally encountered the same overlay issue with minmus and mun that i was having before the complete reinstall

dear god if anyone has any idea why its doing this? or why the hell closing and reopening the game would cause this please clue me in.

I'm assuming this is all related to mechjeb but i just cant figure it out.

Why would closing down the game and reopening cause such an issue and only with mun and minmus.

please help a kerbal out

More info: It appears to be just the save file itself.... if i remove the save files from that game and start a new game then the problem is gone.... but what the hell makes the problem in the first place and why on earth would a save mess up all other saves...

also if this helps i tried to launch the quick-save as the persistent for the game in question and it told me the save file was incompatible. I literally had reinstalled and started that game why would a persistent be compatible but not a quick-save.

Edited more info: Removed the quicksave and just left in persistent for game in question. Went into game and loaded a new game and had no problems... Then loaded my other game and persistent and encountered problem... THEN WENT BACK to new game and the problem had appeared there as well. wtf is going on?

i guess this is my problem "Fixed the scan overlay disappearing when the center moves out of the camera view."

i am using most recent version of kethane

Edited by scythist
more info of problem

The converter works by consuming a negative amount of fuel, so you have to run the fuel lines like you are feeding an engine but instead of connecting to an engine, it goes to the converter.

Actually that's the way KSP works..... So that's how Majiir has it setup.

Looking through the Kethane API documentation, it looks like I can use Module Manager to add some Kethane managed modules to existing parts to enhance the resource functionality of existing parts or even create my own parts containing the kethane API modules. Is that correct? I am working on integrating some resources between KSP Intetstellar and TAC Life Support, and I can see some places where it would be useful to add some Kethane managed resources to exploit.

Am I correct in that I can distribute a config or even my own plugin in my own addon folder using hooks in the Kethane API? That way someone can install my add on along side their installations of other plugins for extra functionality.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about distributing anyone else's plugin, just my own stuff that requires the user to have independently installed the required plugins.

I am having trouble with the kethane mod. When I drag the folder into ksp game data and then i load the game it says that there was an error message and it says the kethane mod did not correctly install and then it says incorrect path ; gamedata/gamedata/kethane/plugins/MMI_kethane.dll if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

I am having trouble with the kethane mod. When I drag the folder into ksp game data and then i load the game it says that there was an error message and it says the kethane mod did not correctly install and then it says incorrect path ; gamedata/gamedata/kethane/plugins/MMI_kethane.dll if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

Looks like you have a GameData folder in your main GameData folder.

It should be ../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Kethane/

The kethane grid is invisible on the map screen, but the grid that appears on Kerbin at the main menu is still functioning perfectly normal. The kethane panel also appears, and I tried disabling and re-enabling the grid, to no avail.

Could that have something to do with the fact that I'm using an outdated version of Extraplanetary Launch Pads(which alterady works quite fine on its own)?

The kethane grid is invisible on the map screen, but the grid that appears on Kerbin at the main menu is still functioning perfectly normal. The kethane panel also appears, and I tried disabling and re-enabling the grid, to no avail.

Could that have something to do with the fact that I'm using an outdated version of Extraplanetary Launch Pads(which alterady works quite fine on its own)?

I'm not sure exactly what causes this, but it happened to me and I simply reverted to a fresh install of KSP and it worked fine. Most likely some incompatibility with another mod or some weird save file corruption.

Three mods I had installed when it wasn't working were MechJeb, Engineer Redux and B9 Aerospace Pack. I didn't reinstall these after the fresh install. I also had ISA MapSat installed for a time but uninstalled it beforehand. I'm not sure if there was anything in the save files associated with that mod that might have caused a conflict.

Are you using any of these mods? Might be a place to start looking.

In fact, ISA MapSat is probably the most likely to cause issues, as it also manipulates the planet textures (or something to that effect). Also, in general it seems to just make the game very unstable.

Edited by Bobe

The way you have it set up now, yes it should

Hmm, I managed to land it on Mun and filled up the kethane tanks, but when I activated the converter nothing happened except for the cooling efficiency going from 100% to NaN. Is it doing this because it doesn't recognize any parts that can be filled with fuel?

I'm not sure exactly what causes this, but it happened to me and I simply reverted to a fresh install of KSP and it worked fine. Most likely some incompatibility with another mod or some weird save file corruption.

Three mods I had installed when it wasn't working were MechJeb, Engineer Redux and B9 Aerospace Pack. I didn't reinstall these after the fresh install. I also had ISA MapSat installed for a time but uninstalled it beforehand. I'm not sure if there was anything in the save files associated with that mod that might have caused a conflict.

Are you using any of these mods? Might be a place to start looking.

In fact, ISA MapSat is probably the most likely to cause issues, as it also manipulates the planet textures (or something to that effect). Also, in general it seems to just make the game very unstable.

I only use MechJeb and Kerbal Engineer Redux out of the three you mentioned, both of which are must-have mods for me.

I don't have any mapping mods, and if I wanted to install one, I'd install SCANSat due to it's integrity with RasterPropMonitor.

If the cause of this issue IS a mod that modifies planets in the map view, then the only mod I can pin down is the outdated version of the Extraplanetary Launch Pads mod, which sucks since the newer versions force you to ship in rocket parts regardless of whether Kethane is installed or not, something the outdated version doesn't.

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

Hmm, I managed to land it on Mun and filled up the kethane tanks, but when I activated the converter nothing happened except for the cooling efficiency going from 100% to NaN. Is it doing this because it doesn't recognize any parts that can be filled with fuel?

Your setup looks like this picture, and that tank below your converter is NOT filling up? Something is wrong because that would fill up for me.

8xgoL1N.png

One thing I do is test all of my designs on Kerbin first, in sandbox mode. What you do is copy the ship file from your career folder to your sandbox folder, then in the VAB add a Mk1 command pod somewhere and swap out one of the drills for a Unreconstitutionator. Also remove all the lifter and all that stuff so all you have is the kethane Refinery. In 0.23 you can even extend the landing legs first :)

"Launch" it and then on the launchpad get your Kerbal out and grind him up in the Unreconstitutionator (this is the main reason to do it in Sandbox. It's not "real" here :) ) to make some kethane. Then turn on the converter and see if it works.

Your setup looks like this picture, and that tank below your converter is NOT filling up? Something is wrong because that would fill up for me.

http://i.imgur.com/8xgoL1N.png

One thing I do is test all of my designs on Kerbin first, in sandbox mode. What you do is copy the ship file from your career folder to your sandbox folder, then in the VAB add a Mk1 command pod somewhere and swap out one of the drills for a Unreconstitutionator. Also remove all the lifter and all that stuff so all you have is the kethane Refinery. In 0.23 you can even extend the landing legs first :)

"Launch" it and then on the launchpad get your Kerbal out and grind him up in the Unreconstitutionator (this is the main reason to do it in Sandbox. It's not "real" here :) ) to make some kethane. Then turn on the converter and see if it works.

I don't know what it was, but I just jumped back in to the game (I was tabbed out with a probe left to scan for more kethane), switched to the lander and started the conversion. It works fine.

Maybe I just needed to switch to another ship and back, not sure.

http://i.imgur.com/8xgoL1N.png

The fuel lines are supposed to go from the fuel tank to the converter, not the Kethane tanks to the converter. The kethane will crossfeed to the converter automatically. But it won't from the converter to the regular tank, hence the fuel line.

Something im experimenting with, more stocklike feel/details for kethane parts

Javascript is disabled. View full album

these models are owned by majiir, i just made new textures for them

too bad i dont know how to make normalmaps work with the existing models, that would make them look better, also the top of the model is completly flat so it looks wierd when i add details to it

Edited by landeTLS

The fuel lines are supposed to go from the fuel tank to the converter, not the Kethane tanks to the converter. The kethane will crossfeed to the converter automatically. But it won't from the converter to the regular tank, hence the fuel line.

In an earlier post I realized my error with the fuel lines. It looks like this now:

4zaaY7h.png

Note that all my fuel supplies have been replenished.

The challenge now is figuring how how to take the raw kethane and refuel the main ship. If I dock with the ship and then turn on the converter, will it fill the main fuel tank? Ideally I want it to fill the lander's tank first and then the main ship's tank.

EDIT: No need to answer that, it's happening as we speak.

I actually had to leave the converter on so it actively produced fuel as I burned it to get into orbit, so by the time I docked with the ship I had half the kethane I left with (roughly 8000 units). However, this managed to fully refuel my main ship and almost fully replenish my monopropellant supply, which was more than enough to begin with.

Edited by Bobe

Something im experimenting with, more stocklike feel/details for kethane parts

http://imgur.com/a/vc1Ks

these models are owned by majiir, i just made new textures for them

too bad i dont know how to make normalmaps work with the existing models, that would make them look better, also the top of the model is completly flat so it looks wierd when i add details to it

I'm actually hoping for them to re-texture the white sections of the parts to match the smallest tank they redid recently. I'm cool with the green stripes on them and it makes the parts easily identifiable, but the white sections on the non-redone tanks look too white and glossy compared to the rest of KSP's fuel tanks and parts which are grayer and a little dirty.

Also the medium kethane converter needs some love

hm, i dont see the grid =/

ill tried to check and uncheck the "show grid" option, but it wont work =(

any suggestions?

Could you list all the mods you have installed, as well as any you previously had installed?

Also, do you see the grid on the main menu screen?

I'm actually hoping for them to re-texture the white sections of the parts to match the smallest tank they redid recently. I'm cool with the green stripes on them and it makes the parts easily identifiable, but the white sections on the non-redone tanks look too white and glossy compared to the rest of KSP's fuel tanks and parts which are grayer and a little dirty.

Also the medium kethane converter needs some love

I already redid the white textures on the tanks to match the stock grey tanks(and with original green textures), but havent finished the shading and distressing+detail overlays on them yet tho. can post pics when they are done. also nearly all the hubs really need complete retexturing.

here is an example of the replaced white/grey shade(on the heavy drill)

AvdD70h.png

im not sure if im allowed to distribute the work tho, i would have to ask majiir for his permission first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.