Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

here is my persistent file i am wondering if the fact that it says enable detection = false or whatever is the reason why its not scanning while im actually playing the vessel. i tried changing it to true but it changed back to false.

No, it has to be set to false, do you have the map view on

EDIT:

a little bit further down, do you have your KethaneDetectorAnimator set to true

MODULE
{
[COLOR="#FF0000"]name = KethaneDetectorAnimator
isEnabled = True[/COLOR]
EVENTS
{
}
ACTIONS
{
}
}

Edited by Olympic1

yeah that is also set to true. even in the map mode (while controlling the vessel nothing fills) what i have done is let it run in 50x speed (nothing populates on the map) then i go back to space center then tracking center and then it will populate all the hexes that were scanned while controlling the vessel.

yeah that is also set to true. even in the map mode (while controlling the vessel nothing fills) what i have done is let it run in 50x speed (nothing populates on the map) then i go back to space center then tracking center and then it will populate all the hexes that were scanned while controlling the vessel.

Can you post a screenshot of your ship scanning and the hexes not changing? Also posting your output_log.txt might be helpful.

Can you post a screenshot of your ship scanning and the hexes not changing? Also posting your output_log.txt might be helpful.

captainkrk's output_log.txt

EDIT:

It seems that is has problems with MKS. Try to install MKS 0.18 and TAC LS 0.9.

Otherwise I can't find other problems. I'll have a better look into it.

Edited by Olympic1

captainkrk's output_log.txt

EDIT:

It seems that is has problems with MKS. Try to install MKS 0.18 and TAC LS 0.9.

Otherwise I can't find other problems. I'll have a better look into it.

Found this right away;

[COLOR=#000000]HandleD3DDeviceLost[/COLOR]  HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
D3Dwindow device not lost anymore

Alt-Tab'ing while KSP.exe is running without the -popupwindow switch is very bad.

Your ModuleManager.dll is not the newest which is 2.1.5 from back in May.

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.0.5.dll

And, as Olympic1 said, it looks like you have the MKS mod installed;

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS\KolonyTools.dll

But don't have the required mod TAC Life Support installed.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TacLifeSupport, Version=0.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Since MKS leverages Kethane and ModuleManager to do it's magic I would update both. MKS just today had a major release so I would grab that. Please make sure you delete the old MKS folder before copying over the new one, just dropping new stuff on old is problematic at best.

Good luck.

Edited by smurphy34

i get an error on startup it says kethane is not compatible with unity 4.5.2f but so far I have no issues

I've patched this with Kethane 0.8.8. The warning itself is harmless in this particular case.

I really hope that Kethane can be mined and sold! That would make my day!

It can indeed, but you'll find that there's more than one way to turn Kethane into cash. (Hint: check the new converter stats!)

What if any stablity issues are seen in x64 version usage?

I very much doubt there will be any 64-bit issues with Kethane. It's all architecture-agnostic code. If mods have trouble running on 64-bit KSP, it's much more likely a KSP or Unity issue.

Any chances of kethane pack integration with the new contract structure at some point in the future? "Scan X" or "Test Y drill on minmus" etc?

(If you already have this and I'm just being impatient waiting for update notes, then you're just awesome)

It can indeed, but you'll find that there's more than one way to turn Kethane into cash. (Hint: check the new converter stats!)

What do you mean? Do the fuels make more money than Kethane? I would expect Kethane in its raw, liquid form to be worth the most; its utility would make it like Green Gold. I haven't been able to play the base game yet, as I am waiting for Extraplanetary Launchpads and Realchutes to update, but can you tell me what you mean? Do fuels sell for money if you bring them back to the launchpad?

What do you mean? Do the fuels make more money than Kethane? I would expect Kethane in its raw, liquid form to be worth the most; its utility would make it like Green Gold. I haven't been able to play the base game yet, as I am waiting for Extraplanetary Launchpads and Realchutes to update, but can you tell me what you mean? Do fuels sell for money if you bring them back to the launchpad?

If you have fuel left in your rocket when you recover it you get <s>money</s> funds back for that. In the same respect, I imagine if you have a tank of kethane that you land on Kerbin and recover it, the same is true.

Dragonchampion: raw materials are almost never worth more than refined products. This is because you are not paying for the product itself, but rather the raw material itself and the refining. For example, scrap cast iron is about $230/t while iron ore is about $100/t, and scrap stainless steel is $500-$1300/t (going by some research I did this week), and I doubt there's enough vanadium or chromium in stainless steel to drive the price that high.

Another way to think about it is to get 100t of iron, you need 143t of iron ore (by mass, the most common iron oxide (Fe2O3) is 69.9431% iron). If you sell your iron for less than 1.43x the price you paid for your ore, you will not make a profit, and that includes neither the resources needed to do the smelting, nor any impurities in the ore.

Edited by taniwha

I seem to have found a problem with the 64 bit version.

My Kethane grid overlays are all messed up there. Instead of being on the planet as it should be, it is much larger.

Like when looking at Kerbin, its Kethane grid would be the size of Mun orbit.

Obviously making it impossible to see what's going on.

Someetimes it simply crashes as soon as I enter the

Loading the same save in 32 bit fixes the problem and back to 64 reproduces the problem.

I have the newest version of Kethane.

BelgarionNL I feel kind of naked without KAS so I'll be playing in 32 bit, where it works just fine.

Too bad I can't play with Planet Factory then, which is the main reason why I needed more RAM.

My KSP won't launch with Kethane 0.8.8 It always gets stuck at the Kethane Generator.

I'm running 64 bit Win 7.

I tried uninstalling kethane and reinstalling it but it still wont load above the Kethane Generator.

Exact line where it is stuck is: Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator

Edited by Happ

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.