Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I seem to have found a problem with the 64 bit version.

My Kethane grid overlays are all messed up there. Instead of being on the planet as it should be, it is much larger.

Like when looking at Kerbin, its Kethane grid would be the size of Mun orbit.

Obviously making it impossible to see what's going on.

Someetimes it simply crashes as soon as I enter the

Loading the same save in 32 bit fixes the problem and back to 64 reproduces the problem.

I have the newest version of Kethane.

BelgarionNL I feel kind of naked without KAS so I'll be playing in 32 bit, where it works just fine.

Too bad I can't play with Planet Factory then, which is the main reason why I needed more RAM.

Are you running other mods? Sounds similar to an issue a while back (.22 maybe?) that ended up being a clash with Mechjeb (I think)

Hi guys, first time using Kethane. Why does it make Kerbin look like this?

*image snipped*

It can be turned off by going to GameData/Kethane/settings.cfg and adding:

ShowInMenu = False

You need to manually add this in a new line, it is not included by default.

Bonus tip: to make spoilers work, they need a title. Instead of (spoiler)...(/spoiler) you need to do (spoiler=title)...(/spoiler). Except with the other brackets, of course.

Yeah, I was playing with 64bit client and could not even see the overlay anywhere. Also, the detectors were activated and sound enabled, but I never heard it scanning. They would animate and rotate towards the planet but I'd never hear any found/not found blips and with no overlay I couldn't tell if it was actually doing anything.

Let me know if I can do anything to help track this bug or conflict down, as I do have a few other mods installed as well.

Are you running other mods? Sounds similar to an issue a while back (.22 maybe?) that ended up being a clash with Mechjeb (I think)

I am running other mods. I find it weird the problem dissapears in 32 bit though, that's why I thouht it wasn't a clash.

I'm not running Mechjeb, but I am running:

-Toolbar

-Kerbal Engineering Redux

-Ferram Aerospace Research

-Kerbal Attachement System

-Kethane

-KWRocketry

-Near Future (Propulsion, Solar, Electrics, Technology)

-RemoteTech 2

-Lazer Docking Cam

just seen this in my output log no crash works fine but still tough it might be important

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Kethane.MapOverlay.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have a question. What exactly causes KintakeAir to run out?

I have changed one Turbine to Oxidizer usage and a duplicated one for ElectricalCharge usage, becaues i think its more realistic, but occassionally both ran out of air and flame out after a short time in the air. I changed nothing else on the engine config and it doesn't matter if i fly fast or slow. Anyone know why Kintake air is running out deep in atmosphere and you cant get it to run again?

I seem to have found a problem with the 64 bit version.

My Kethane grid overlays are all messed up there. Instead of being on the planet as it should be, it is much larger.

Like when looking at Kerbin, its Kethane grid would be the size of Mun orbit.

Obviously making it impossible to see what's going on.

Someetimes it simply crashes as soon as I enter the

Loading the same save in 32 bit fixes the problem and back to 64 reproduces the problem.

I have the newest version of Kethane.

BelgarionNL I feel kind of naked without KAS so I'll be playing in 32 bit, where it works just fine.

Too bad I can't play with Planet Factory then, which is the main reason why I needed more RAM.

I have this same issue but only when i have one of the planetfactory systems loaded. If i startup the game without loading one of those PF systems the kethane grid looks normal... but as soon as I load a PF system the grid shows just as you've described. Don't know if that helps identify the issue or not?

Dear Majiir,

Would you mind letting me know how to widen the angle of the kethane scanner?

I really love the mod, but it takes so long to scan the mun… and i wanna set a kolony up there… my kerbonauts are sad because i cannot find a good place for them :_(

I know this might be heresy for you, so I will ask some kerbonauts to sacrifice as an exchange.

I'm having this error when I start up KSP x64

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Kethane.KethaneGenerator.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
PartLoader:StartLoad()
:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: -1)

[Kethane] Saving settings

EDIT: here is the output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/674r26bz179itvy/output_log.txt

Edited by Olympic1

For those having issues with Kethane in 0.24 Win64bit.....you need to look at what other mods you have installed.

I have been testing Kethane on 64bit build and everything has worked just fine.

I have tested scanning, drilling, and converting on the following bodys:

Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Duna, Eve, and Ike

Mods installed during testing were MechJeb2 (latest dev build) KW Rocketry and of course Kethane.

For those having issues with Kethane in 0.24 Win64bit.....you need to look at what other mods you have installed.

I have been testing Kethane on 64bit build and everything has worked just fine.

I have tested scanning, drilling, and converting on the following bodys:

Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Duna, Eve, and Ike

Mods installed during testing were MechJeb2 (latest dev build) KW Rocketry and of course Kethane.

I have only Kethane and TAC LS installed. Even when I remove TAC, I'm getting the error.

EDIT: Here is the output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/674r26bz179itvy/output_log.txt

Edited by Olympic1

It appears that on KSP 0.24 in 64 bit mode there's an incompatibility between Kethane and Tweakscale:

Output Log

Individually either mod works fine. But when you try to run them at the same time you get a crash in the transition from the title screen to the spaceport.

Is it working with 24.1? Or is it incompatible? Should I download it?

As of 11:13 Eastern Time U.S. I can tell you that Kethane is not working with .24.1. So I would wait for it to be updated before downloading. It's worth downloading afterward. I love this mod, well worth downloading.

Update: I checked again and Kethane does work with .24.1 but, it's just a little slow. Probably because KSP-AVC needs updated. So I would say either go ahead and download it or wait for Kethane to update. They are pretty good about updating quickly.

Edited by CommanderJohnKoenig

I've got 24.1 and Kethane isn't working properly with it. The converters don't actually convert anything. The drills seem to work fine though.

Debug is spitting out a message: "MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'"

Can anyone else confirm if they're having the same problem with .24.1?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.