Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

[LOG 23:30:00.792] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_1m_converter/part/kethane_1m_converter'
[LOG 23:30:00.819] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_2m_converter/part/kethane_2m_converter'
[LOG 23:30:00.844] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator'
[ERR 23:30:00.847] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'model001' to replace with
[EXC 23:30:00.855] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Why i got this error?

My kethane rig doesn't work. It's landed on a huge field of kethane, but deploying the drills does not produce any kethane. Not sure if its a design problem or a 23.5 problem. My other rigs have worked. I updated to the April 1 release. Any ideas?

LPA8347.jpg

Perhaps if we ask Majiir nicely he could amend the mod so it will have "0 = grey hex" on the map? :)

My thought is that there is a difference between a level of zero and and a level of none, much as zero and null are not the same thing. I rather prefer it as is, serves as a reminder of how much environmental damage I've managed on the poor Mun... :)

Is that a game limitation or a design decision? Just curious.

Game limitation.

This gets asked at least every two or three pages; it would be nice if people would at least read the last couple pages of a long thread and maybe even the documentation for complicated mods like this.

Is that a game limitation or a design decision? Just curious.

Both.

The design decision is that the scanners must consume power.

The game limitation is, nothing can consume power unless its in the physics window (which generally means it needs to be the active ship)

And yeah, this does get asked a lot :)

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a known issue. I was using Kethane and an unmanned probe with a Kethane Scanner. After scanning for a while, I went back to the KSC, then went to the Tracking Station again. When I was at the Tracking Station, I zoomed out/in a bit, focussed on some other planets. After that my Kethane Grids started to get haywired (as seen in this video I've uploaded):

http://youtu.be/4XWRiUNirVw

Tried reinstalling Kethane and revalidating KSP's files using Steam. Also facing the same problem when starting a new game. It was working fine before I went to the Tracking Station. This is weird.

Game limitation.

This gets asked at least every two or three pages; it would be nice if people would at least read the last couple pages of a long thread and maybe even the documentation for complicated mods like this.

Have you got a link to the ****ing documentation that mentions my question? Because I have read up on it. Before I downloaded it, I read the whole wiki. I even read the issues page. I even read the first 5 pages of the thread, and the last 5 pages before I posted.

You got a problem with questions that AREN'T in the documentation being asked a lot, WRITE A FAQ. POST IN THE OP.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a known issue. I was using Kethane and an unmanned probe with a Kethane Scanner. After scanning for a while, I went back to the KSC, then went to the Tracking Station again. When I was at the Tracking Station, I zoomed out/in a bit, focussed on some other planets. After that my Kethane Grids started to get haywired (as seen in this video I've uploaded):

http://youtu.be/4XWRiUNirVw

Tried reinstalling Kethane and revalidating KSP's files using Steam. Also facing the same problem when starting a new game. It was working fine before I went to the Tracking Station. This is weird.

Looks like this is due to the Active Texture Management. After upgrading to 3.1, it works well. Sorry for the mistake.

My kethane rig doesn't work. It's landed on a huge field of kethane, but deploying the drills does not produce any kethane. Not sure if its a design problem or a 23.5 problem. My other rigs have worked. I updated to the April 1 release. Any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/LPA8347.jpg

Can anyone give me any guidance on this? This rig should work, according to what I know about the Kethane mod. There are no fuel lines because it fills up the big tank in the middle with fuel and oxidizer, so there should be no fuel flow issues (kethane follows the rules of monopropellant), so the kethane tanks should be filling up when the drills are deployed, no matter where they are, provided I have enough electricity (and I do). But they aren't. If nobody can figure out why it doesn't work, then it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Any fuel tank not attached inline with a kethane converter must have fuel lines connected *backwards* from the tank to the converter. If you attach one tank inline with the converter you can fill tanks all over a craft by using TAC Fuel Balancer and using either Balance All on liquid fuel and oxidizer or setting the one tank to transfer out.

With monopropellant, the tanks will fill from the conveter no matter where they're placed, without fuel lines.

Can anyone give me any guidance on this? This rig should work, according to what I know about the Kethane mod. There are no fuel lines because it fills up the big tank in the middle with fuel and oxidizer, so there should be no fuel flow issues (kethane follows the rules of monopropellant), so the kethane tanks should be filling up when the drills are deployed, no matter where they are, provided I have enough electricity (and I do). But they aren't. If nobody can figure out why it doesn't work, then it's a bug that needs to be fixed.
I was always under the impression that fuel tanks had to be attached to the converter directly to work.. Anyway, if your other rigs have worked fine, is there any difference between those and this one? I don't see green smoke - sure there's actually kethane beneath you?
Any fuel tank not attached inline with a kethane converter must have fuel lines connected *backwards* from the tank to the converter. If you attach one tank inline with the converter you can fill tanks all over a craft by using TAC Fuel Balancer and using either Balance All on liquid fuel and oxidizer or setting the one tank to transfer out.

With monopropellant, the tanks will fill from the conveter no matter where they're placed, without fuel lines.

That is true for Kethane tanks as well. Your drills can be 500 meters from the tanks and they'll still fill. The only fuel tanks that have any restrictions are the liquid/oxygen tanks.

I'm sorry, RocketBlam, but I see *0* problems with your craft. The *only* thing I can see that could be a problem is if perhaps you're not actually on Kethane. You said you're in a large deposit, are you perhaps on the edge, or on any edge hex? I don't know how the deposits work but it's possible that you're actually just outside the Kethane field and don't know it. Or, you've got a bug somehwhere that is keeping the drills from working. I just don't know :(

Is there no way to fill the kethane tanks in the VAB/SPH? It's kind of difficult to test out airplanes with kethane engines if the tanks can't be filled.
Kethane tanks are tweakable. They're not full by default, but in VAB/SPH you can right-click and set them full.

This changed only recently (what, a few weeks?) and any older designs won't have this feature unless you add the line "isTweakable = True" to the .craft file kethane tank resource stuff.

That is true for Kethane tanks as well. Your drills can be 500 meters from the tanks and they'll still fill. The only fuel tanks that have any restrictions are the liquid/oxygen tanks.

I'm sorry, RocketBlam, but I see *0* problems with your craft. The *only* thing I can see that could be a problem is if perhaps you're not actually on Kethane. You said you're in a large deposit, are you perhaps on the edge, or on any edge hex? I don't know how the deposits work but it's possible that you're actually just outside the Kethane field and don't know it. Or, you've got a bug somehwhere that is keeping the drills from working. I just don't know :(

Thanks for responding. This is the field I'm on. I think you'll agree that I am not on the edge. :)

yCoIiKK.jpg

Kethane tanks are tweakable. They're not full by default, but in VAB/SPH you can right-click and set them full.

This changed only recently (what, a few weeks?) and any older designs won't have this feature unless you add the line "isTweakable = True" to the .craft file kethane tank resource stuff.

In other words, save this as a .cfg (obviously need Module Manager):

@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Kethane]
{
isTweakable = true
}

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Hi All,

There seems to be a lot of requests for asteroid tanks. Just gave this a try myself and it's pretty easy to add with module manager. Create a new config (.cfg) file with the following contents:

@PART[PotatoRoid]
{

MODULE
{
name = KethaneWetMassIndicator
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Kethane
amount = 160000
maxAmount = 160000
}

}

Not very familiar with KSP modding so I can't tell you if it's possible to give different asteroids different amounts of kethane. Perhaps somebody else knows? Anyway off to drag an asteroid into Kerbal orbit and create a kethane refueling station.:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.