Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I remember that with my version of Kethane.dll, kethan to fuel and oxygen conversion worked fine on a ship that I built in 0.25 and loaded in 0.90.

I got a chance to do more testing last night. Turns out if I launch a new ship I created in 0.25, land at a kethane deposit and drill for kethane, then my converter generates fuel and oxidizer like it's supposed to. But my identical ship that was already on the Mun before I went to 0.90 is unable to convert kethane.

Has anyone else had trouble converting? Neither converter produces everything for me.

The Medium converter only gives the option for Jet Fuel and Oxidizer (separately) , and only the large converter produces Mono and Rocket fuel (Fuel + Oxidizer combined?). Neither offers Xenon.

I have 0.9.2 and the dll that was posted a few days ago, but this has been an issue long before 0.90 was released. Fresh downloads on everything and a few other mods.

I just tried it with 0.90 and the add-on manager mod said it wasn't compatible.

The Add-on Manager checks for version compatibility, witch means that the add-on might be out of date but some things will still work.

I have been using kethane in 0.90 Beta than ever and for me it works just fine, of course i haven't gone mining for kethane or converted kethane, but i can still grow, use, and store kethane normally (use as in for kethane engines)

I've downloaded the kethane.dll, and I cant find the Kethane toolbar icon in 0.90. However in my previous game, the kethane icon shows up, and I can scan for kethane.

I have the same issue. The icon is missing during gameplay but it shows up in the tracking station.

Is there a way to re-enable kethane for the toolbar mod?

I havent had any success in getting Kethane to work. As a result, I brought my guys back from my 0.25 save, then abandoned Kethane. They discovered Karbonite, and pushed for management to send them back to the Mun & Minmus to mine Karbonite.

*snip*

thanks for the input but, like the guy above me, i like Kethane,but unlike the guy above me, AND Karbonite

each is different (kethane you gotta mine in special parts of the planets and Karbonite you can just dill spam outside your base) and each has it's own perks and flaws.

if you don't mind me saying but Kethane and Karbonite make a pretty good team. i just had to pull an emergency landing on kerbin and luckly i had a craft which i had equipped with kethane and karbonite extraction and since the Kethane was 2 or three hex's away from my craft i just drilled for Karbonite for my secondary engines and bunny hopped over to kethane and then refueled and took off again. :D

so yeah definitely would like an update.

take your time though :D

Hi guys, so i'm having a problem getting Kethane to work. At the moment when i start scanning the mun for Kethane reserves i dont even get a grid in the map section at all and the scanning doesnt even begin - is this a known issue with any work arounds? Cheers.

(kethane you gotta mine in special parts of the planets and Karbonite you can just dill spam outside your base)
Not debating the rest, and there's other reasons to prefer one over the other, but just wanted to point out... this isn't true since 0.90 release. Resources are biome-randomized with some local variance.

I found a possible solution for those that can't see the the icon for the kethane grid. For some reason the toolbar icon shows up for me on the tracking station but not during gameplay. Verify if this happens to you as well. If it does, enable the kethane window then jump to one of your crafts from the tracking station and you should be able to see and use it in map view.

You must repeat this step every time you return to the spacecenter.

Untitled-5.jpg

how to remove the grid from the main menu screen?

It looks awfully, and I don't know, why it was made.

Yes, I checked FAQ and didn't find the answer there.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/Lesser2/screen/KSP/kethane_zps49ad441d.jpg

Why do you care? You're not going to play on the main menu are you? I don't like it either but it's just the menu.

Edited by DauntingFlyer

When will kethane be compatible with ksp 0.90?

Every time I take a glance at this thread, my heart beats harder for a second, as I keep thinking the 0.9.2 version of Kethane is actually referring to KSP 0.90 :D Then I realize.

Majiir stated his situation a few pages back. Now, all we can do is wait patiently. :)

I found a possible solution for those that can't see the the icon for the kethane grid. For some reason the toolbar icon shows up for me on the tracking station but not during gameplay. Verify if this happens to you as well. If it does, enable the kethane window then jump to one of your crafts from the tracking station and you should be able to see and use it in map view.

You must repeat this step every time you return to the spacecenter.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii116/domanating/Untitled-5.jpg

Why do you care? You're not going to play on the main menu are you? I don't like it either but it's just the menu.

Exact same thing on my end.. Goto the observatory, BAM kethane is fully functioning again.. Unfortunately you have to do this every time you switch ships.

Majiir has been stricken by real-life and thus has been generally unavailable (he shows up very occasionally on IRC).

That said, I am slowly getting to the point where I can test all of the functionality in Kethane (I test by playing, so it takes time). So far, I have confirmed scanning and conversion (Metal->RocketParts+ScrapMetal and ScrapMetal->Metal) work just fine (with a version-tweaked dll). My few attempts to fix the applauncher button mess have not gone well, but they were rather half-baked attempts. Not a game-breaking issue, though.

I am still waiting for a miner to get to a mining site, but that won't be until after I launch a Duna expidition (Duna window comes before my miner gets to Minmus). I have an EL base in Mun orbit, but I forgot to pack RocketParts, so it's waiting on the Minmus miner. Busy save :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.