Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

And to what misleading or incomplete information are you referring?
Did you guys honestly not read each other's posts? First off, yours was actually quite legible MisterFister. I'm not sure about the run-on sentences comment, it was a thoughtful and specific response. Secondly, goldenpsp clearly said what he thinks was missing information: he believes the stock system isn't a magic button one-and-done approach as you described. He said while it is true it lets you know whether or not the resource is there, you still have to consider the landing vehicle depending on the location you are trying to land to take a surface sample.

What Hyomoto pointed out. Many people talk about the instant orbital scan and then stop. If this was the end of the stock ore tale, I would be in full agreement with everyone else that his makes it "easy mode". But that is not the end of the tale.

And to be fair the post wasn't horrible to read. But I did have to read it several times to ensure I fully understood the points.

Fair enough. In my own defense, I wasn't sure if goldenpsp was referring to information missing:

from my own characterization specifically;

from elsewhere within this conversation -- as I commented only after reading through the most recent two or three pages of posts;

from within the game with respect to scanning for resources -- which I've only dabbled with, as I prefer to play career mode on hard settings, restarting twice since 1.0 in trying to get my mod list tweaked the way I want it;

or from generally elsewhere within these forums as a lack of documentation for the new mechanic itself -- which might be possible, given that I haven't focused myself on finding info about it.

I freely admit that most of my exposure to the ISRU is from watching the Hypetrain on KSTPV last weekend and the few YouTube videos that have come out since. While I in no way meant to imply that where my understanding ended, so too did the story; I can instead say that my experienced understanding of Kethane, limited-experience understanding of Karbonite, and extensive vicarious exposure to nuStock all lead me to conclude that the Kethane scanning mechanic, itself, seems preferable to my own play style.

novogeek: Thanks. I've been busy with updating EL to 1.0. Hopefully Majiir will pick up your changes (possibly after I go through them?).

I think the drill is broken ... I am trying to figure out what is going on but never having seen the code up until today ... it is proving a nice challenge. 8-}

I did fix the button sometimes appearing under the resources panel ... I just switched the two enums around and it seemed to resolve the issue ... not even sure if it was actually that ... so any testing will be greatly appreciated.

I think the drill is broken .

it is indeed. it just goes in and out. also, i don't know if its kethane or the game, but i tried landing a kethane miner on the mun and it consistently did weird camera zoom outs, during kerbin launch, transfer and landing it would randomly decide to let the ship fly off the screen like a separate vessel even though i still controlled it. i presume it to be kethane, specifically the drilling unit, because it only ever happened the one time with the drilling unit onboard. my kethane scanners and every other ship ever built never showed the behavior.

Hello,

I will try the dll however my scanner is working perfectly just so you know so I hope nothing was changed with it unless there is a correlation between scanned resources and those that are drilled that must be matched (in the dll).

I can pretty much confirm the KethaneExtractor fails in 1.0.2. Gonna try this now. Kudos...!

EDIT: The detection satellite still works...Unfortunately...the drills dont IE KethaneExtractor module is not working...32Bit_KSP 1.0.2 Win7...Hope you can fix it otherwise it is looking like my resource game is dead in space - I can fudge the data on the drills tho and I did not try KethaneConvertor which someone else said was broke...I will report back here when I check it.

EDIT: Yep - KethaneConverter is BROKE as well...dang...I could replace all my converters with ModuleConvertor but some MODS dont ask me why cant use it...KSP...ARGh...Good luck fixing this I can still play the new version with some fudging and manual logs of miined resources; I dont play unlimited resources or any other resource scheme in KSP because this is the only one with good non-archaic looking and ease-of-use Module Code AND I can add any resource I want with ease.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hello,

I will try the dll however my scanner is working perfectly just so you know so I hope nothing was changed with it unless there is a correlation between scanned resources and those that are drilled that must be matched (in the dll).

I can pretty much confirm the KethaneExtractor fails in 1.0.2. Gonna try this now. Kudos...!

EDIT: The detection satellite still works...Unfortunately...the drills dont IE KethaneExtractor module is not working...32Bit_KSP 1.0.2 Win7...Hope you can fix it otherwise it is looking like my resource game is dead in space - I can fudge the data on the drills tho and I did not try KethaneConvertor which someone else said was broke...I will report back here when I check it.

EDIT: Yep - KethaneConverter is BROKE as well...dang...I could replace all my converters with ModuleConvertor but some MODS dont ask me why cant use it...KSP...ARGh...Good luck fixing this I can still play the new version with some fudging and manual logs of miined resources; I dont play unlimited resources or any other resource scheme in KSP because this is the only one with good non-archaic looking and ease-of-use Module Code AND I can add any resource I want with ease.

Cmdr Zeta

this^^^^^^^ any chance of a fix? or should i just accept the fact that stock is the new fuel system and nothing is going to replace it.

Hello,

No I wouldnt jump ship just yer...it is probly the new Unity and programming takes alot of time to get into and fix things; I havnt looked at my resource situation yet; my plan is simply to fudge resource extraction and manually keep track of detected resource use in an area...still waitin here and I havnt made any changes to my modules...I got about 20 or so I would have to redo and recheck; I am in Career mode so it takes time for me to even get started mining resources and I dont know if stock Module Resource Converter even works yet; hopefully it does and can save my game.

Cmdr Zeta

I am in Career mode so it takes time for me to even get started mining resources and I dont know if stock Module Resource Converter even works yet; hopefully it does and can save my game.

The stock resource system (and ModuleResourceConverter) work perfectly well ;)

If you downloaded the zip before the time of this post, you will want to redownload it as I fixed the particle lifetimes: my test rig at KSC spawned a HUGE pall over KSC due to the changes in KSP air. This has now been fixed.

I've a few tiny problems: 1st: I cannot find the part, that scans the planet.

2nd: All itmes of this mod I use, are not stackable. I cant place any other part at the bottom of the Kethane-parts.

Please help! Thanks. (I use KS 1.0 with some mods)

Maybe you should take a few seconds and read back just a little. Like literally one page.

Maybe you should lighten up golden boy, I didn't see it at the time. However I can rest knowing "experts" like you, are ready to point out the errors of others with your supposed sharp wit instead of actually providing useful information. probably how you got your post count, with mindless "advise".

Maybe you should lighten up golden boy, I didn't see it at the time. However I can rest knowing "experts" like you, are ready to point out the errors of others with your supposed sharp wit instead of actually providing useful information. probably how you got your post count, with mindless "advise".

See the thing is I did both. I provided you plenty of useful information, namely exactly where to find the information you seek. And I did so in a way to highlight the idea that it is always good to spend a minute to read back a little if you have not been active in a thread as often you will find your answer and combat thread bloat.

I'm sorry if you found that offensive.

Helmut: I have updated my pull request to include my node fixes (I forgot about them when I did the patch release). Slightly easier might be to grab my repo and copy the config files from there. I just tested and the KE-S110 Medium Survey attaches properly.

Do you have any plans of providing a built version in your releases, or should we just go ahead and roll our own?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.