Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I've been working on some things for the 0.8 update.

Deposit and scan data is now stored directly inside the persistence file as a scenario module node. This means Kethane data will be passed along with quicksaves/loads, and reverting a flight will also revert Kethane data. The game is handling all the actual saving and loading of data, so hopefully data integrity issues will be a thing of the past. You can also send someone your SFS file and they'll automatically have all your Kethane data without overwriting theirs.

I'm now working on support for multiple deposit generators. Generator parameters will also be stored with the persistence file, so the default configuration can change without corrupting old data. I haven't built any new generators yet; the old generator code is a mess, so it will take some work to cleanly pull it out. The new generators should be much more interesting, so stay tuned for screenshots when I get to working on those.

Cool! What does a deposit generator do? Any word on if 0.8 will feature multi in/out converters? :)

Resource generators handle placement and extraction of resources on planets. The current (read: old) deposit generator just places a bunch of polygons. I'm thinking the new default generator will use simplex noise and factor in terrain properties like altitude and slope. A generator could do anything, though; for example, Duna could have a generator that puts Ore everywhere except the poles, or Jool could have a generator that makes it an infinite expanse of Kethane. Generators are also responsible for handling state, so resources could shift or replenish over time.

I'm hoping 0.8 will have the multiconverter, but it's not done yet so I can't be certain.

I've been working on some things for the 0.8 update.

Deposit and scan data is now stored directly inside the persistence file as a scenario module node. This means Kethane data will be passed along with quicksaves/loads, and reverting a flight will also revert Kethane data.

That!!! That is very cool Majiir, nice one, I've often wished reloading would reset the kethane state.

The idea of resources replenishing over time is very cool, I've mined Mun dry in earlier versions and had to use the debugger to re-gen some more.

Thanks for the work your doing, very cool.

Resource generators handle placement and extraction of resources on planets. The current (read: old) deposit generator just places a bunch of polygons. I'm thinking the new default generator will use simplex noise and factor in terrain properties like altitude and slope. A generator could do anything, though; for example, Duna could have a generator that puts Ore everywhere except the poles, or Jool could have a generator that makes it an infinite expanse of Kethane. Generators are also responsible for handling state, so resources could shift or replenish over time.

I'm hoping 0.8 will have the multiconverter, but it's not done yet so I can't be certain.

Can you expand on what you mean by multiconverter?

What planets does the KE–J65 work on? The wiki said non oxygen atmos, but I jsut tried it on Duna and it just flames out upon activation because of lack of air.

Can you expand on what you mean by multiconverter?

The KethaneConverter module currently only supports two input resources (ElectricCharge + configurable) and one output resource. I'll be improving it so it supports multiple input and output resources. You could use this, for example, to convert water+electricity into LH2+LOX.

What planets does the KE–J65 work on? The wiki said non oxygen atmos, but I jsut tried it on Duna and it just flames out upon activation because of lack of air.

It works on any planet with an atmosphere. It's hardest to use on Duna because the atmosphere is so thin. The engine flames out if your airspeed gets too high, so try landing and then activating the engine (or use parachutes or retrorockets to slow yourself down).

The KethaneConverter module currently only supports two input resources (ElectricCharge + configurable) and one output resource. I'll be improving it so it supports multiple input and output resources. You could use this, for example, to convert water+electricity into LH2+LOX.

It works on any planet with an atmosphere. It's hardest to use on Duna because the atmosphere is so thin. The engine flames out if your airspeed gets too high, so try landing and then activating the engine (or use parachutes or retrorockets to slow yourself down).

I see, thank you for your reply. It was probably because I was going to fast on descent.

LOG 20:08:27.057] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator'

[ERR 20:08:27.060] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'model001' to replace with

[EXC 20:08:27.070] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[LOG 20:08:27.077] [kethane.generator]: Activated (forced)

[LOG 20:12:40.920] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.024] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.125] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.229] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.332] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

I get this when trying to start my game. It hangs at the kethane generator. Any thoughts?

Just thought I'd point out one issue that I am having. Sometimes the grid overlay doesn't appear properly. It's like it's not scaling properly. It will bounce around wildly while I zoom in/out but seems to shrink to within the planet. Seems to mostly start occurring if I switch active vehicle in space from the map window (as opposed to the tracking station or the '['/']' keys for close objects). I think someone else already mentioned it. Just saying I've seen it too.

yes it is.

Ok is it compatible with 0.21.1.276 cause im having problems. By that i mean i can only place the fuel tanks and the engines that came with the pack. And when i place the drills and/or the detectors they act liked they are place but don't show up dont show when it is launched or in the hanger. Then when i try to move the piece i placed them on i can't place it again or delete it. I have to create a whole new ship. I don't know if i installed something wrong or does it not work for this update?

Im not sure if i installed something wrong but when ever i try placing the kethane detectors and drills on any part on my craft it it doesn't show up anywhere. Then is messes up the part i tried placing it on by making it unable to delete the part i placed it on.... unless i press the new ship button. So if someone could help it would be nice. I also have some other mods on it so i don't know it that will affect it.

Has anyone with the kethane generator breaking the loading process found a fix? I know everything is in the right folder, and I tried 2 separate downloads and the same result both times. I have also tried uninstalling other mods to see if one of them was causing it. Here is my log output.

LOG 20:08:27.057] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Kethane/Parts/kethane_generator/part/kethane_generator'

[ERR 20:08:27.060] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'model001' to replace with

[EXC 20:08:27.070] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[LOG 20:12:40.920] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.024] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.125] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.229] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

[LOG 20:12:41.332] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

It just repeats that last line until i close the game window. Lucikily alt-tabbing and just right-click/close works. I dont have to force quit it.

Has anyone with the kethane generator breaking the loading process found a fix? I know everything is in the right folder, and I tried 2 separate downloads and the same result both times. I have also tried uninstalling other mods to see if one of them was causing it. Here is my log output.

It just repeats that last line until i close the game window. Lucikily alt-tabbing and just right-click/close works. I dont have to force quit it.

Have you tried to redownload...not uncommon for bits of downloads to get corrupted sometimes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.