Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

the KE-X270 heavy drill displays its sparking animation as its being deployed, and when its being retracted, but animations {seem to} fail when fully deployed. {could be because I'm not on a kethane deposit now, will test further}

Brixmon: It looks like you're running an older version of KSP. Kethane is only compatible with the latest, which is currently 0.21.1.

Nope. Steam says it's up to date, and the version in the title screen reads 0.21.1.

EDIT: Nevermind, Mechjeb's doing it too. All the parts are. I'll have to pinpoint the mod causing this.

Edited by Brixmon

Nope. Steam says it's up to date, and the version in the title screen reads 0.21.1.

You're getting a lot of MissingFieldExceptions, which indicates either your KSP or mods are not up-to-date. You've also installed Kethane incorrectly (there's an MMI_Kethane.dll in your GameData folder).

I just tried the Kethane mod for the first time. It looks good!

I've got a mobile mining base on Minmus and Mun, that can put 48000 Kethane back in orbit for conversion to whatever is needed. No mess with rovers, the whole mining base just lands somewhere and lifts off again. Not the cheapest in fuel consumption, but hey, we've got Kethane everywhere :) The TWR (6 nervas) and fuel are optimized for Mun, so I can rendevous, dock, transfer fuel and go land somewhere else again. It is a complete self sufficient base as long as it has enough Kethane :) It even seats 2 Kerbals, because 1 would get lonely...

Completely filled I could also start exploring the galaxy and see how far I would get on a round trip :cool: I might need to put on 3 extra thrusters in the bottom for the heavier planets though... this will become a cool next project I think!

Too bad there is no large size generator, this small one looks a bit silly on top.

h08Fsrz.jpg

Edited by Pirke

Scanning planets in the background would be great... I know there's a limitation in the engine, but there must be a way to workaround that.

It's not possible. As far as I know it isn't just an issue with the engine but one with how the game is written. There isn't a way to get around it without breaking the whole game. Plus it would require multi threading and the game to be 64 bit.

Nah, it'd just require a rewrite of how scanning works. Make it run as a centralized process that checks ships for position, has scanner, and has theoretically enough charge. Instead of doing scanning by partmodule.

Be pretty slow, though, trawling through all parts on all ships each tick.

That's what I was thinking as well... you have a list of ships, their parts etc all available. Don't put the scanning logic in the scanner, but as a separate background processing thread. Perhaps the glitches with time warp would be fixed then as well as the position of the ships is accurately updated during time warp.

I believe Kethane 0.7.5 is interacting with ModuleManager (which I use to apply MechJeb to command parts).

Using Kethane 0.7.4, I have mechjeb, using 0.7.5, I do not.

Mods installed: Mechjeb, ModuleManager, KerbalAlarmClock, Kethane.

You wouldn't trawl through the parts every tick. Instead, on craft spawn (or maybe via a context menu item?), it registers with the scanning system and the system then keeps track of the craft.

Of course :) Trivial pattern. And event based: scanner modules turning on/off, ship spawn/unload, ... Shouldn't need to be much work to create this. Although I'm a professional software developer and have worked with Unity 4 in my free time, haven't tried modding KSP though.

The issue with running all those sats in the background to do multi mapping is that you would HAVE to enable physics for them, thus forcing you to load the whole sat, thus making the number of active parts and physics calculations go through the roof. It is DOABLE, maybe, but would take MASSIVE amounts of RAM to keep it from crashing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.