Kerbal Civilization?

CommanderLOL

I just thought of something, how are the Kerbals in space if they don't even have a city???? Are there only about 100 Kerbals in existence, that all live at the launch area and have no desire to go anywhere else on the planet except to space? Do they only live their lives to build rockets and fly them only to have them either blow up or land half way on the other side of the planet. Why do they have the technology level to get in space if they have nothing else?:confused:

KSP is a spaced based physics sandbox (currently) all kerbin cities would be is eye candy IMHO.. which is nice, but not required for me to enjoy the game. I'd personally rather see clouds implemented before cities.

I carnt wait to see how Jebs scrap yard will look like. (as mentioned in some of the rocket parts description)

I imagine its got some sort of runway and something that looks like a airplane boneyard. Then at one end there is a rocket launch tower made up of wooden pallets scrap bits of metal and gaffer tape. With some sort of notice from the planning department cos jeb don't play by the rules and never got planning permission for the tower. I also hope he has an old 50s style trailer as a home. numerous smoldering creators around too

This is not thing I'm most interested in. If you want thing I'm not most interested in, go play game X. Insincere smiley face.

And by the way, it's only partly a sandbox. Career mode is coming, as are cities, and presumably a more detailed setting. Why do we have Gene Kerman or Werner von Kerman? While appropriate to the theme, they're not strictly necessary to the gameplay of a space simulator-sandbox. Cities also fit the theme, as your rocket parts need to come from somewhere...

Edited by Accelerando

I like the idea that they ascended to intelligence last week when some small lizard-like creatures happened upon a Munolith. The monolith technology has advanced in leaps and bounds since its part in the rise of man.

Hey, speaking of cities, which could be neat, anyone know if landing lights are visible from orbit on the night side of planets? I never thought about it until I read this thread and it got me thinking how cool it would be, at least for Kerbal, to have a couple of cities so you can see slights on the planet on the night side. Or at the very least, lights from the kerbal space center on the night side.

Now I need to to strap a bunch of lights to a capsule, blast it suborbital, parachute it down and turn the lights on and look down from orbit to see if I can see them or not.

I like the idea that they ascended to intelligence last week when some small lizard-like creatures happened upon a Munolith. The monolith technology has advanced in leaps and bounds since its part in the rise of man.
Way back in the demo days, someone suggested "there are only two forms of life on Kerbin: kerbals, and grass. Where is the missing link?" Then the monoliths revealed themselves, and once again I could sleep at night.

I know it's unlikely to happen due to the potential computational complexity of having this on a planetary scale, but cities with destructible buildings would be amazing.

Sitting in sandbox mode firing rockets at Kerbin's capitals in order to reduce them to rubble would be pretty fun. Maybe launching multiple warheads into orbit, and coordinating a simultaneous strike...

Y'know, just for fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.