[Teaser] Apollo style Mun Lander: ML-Mk II

ML-Mk II

A small, compact, functional and stylish designed Mun lander capable of taking three Kerbals to visit the Mun.

screenshot66.png

[highlight]Please note: Since there is not yet docking in the stock version of KSP, this is the closest I can make it to the real thing. Once docking is added, I will remake this =][/highlight]

The ML-Mk II works in a special way, as it is a two stage lander and so saves on fuel getting back to Kerbin. Development is still underway, of the ML-Mk II and so I will release it at a later stage. As of now the craft can descend from any Mun orbit and land with fuel to spare, which can be used to aid an aborted landing. However i'm having issues getting it back to Kerbin, which is why i'm not yet releasing it.

screenshot56.pngscreenshot58.pngscreenshot60.pngscreenshot64.png

screenshot65.pngscreenshot67.png

screenshot70.pngscreenshot71.pngscreenshot75.pngscreenshot77.pngscreenshot78.png

Any feedback would be appreciated guys! :)

Edited by deskjetser

Hey, you could try ORDA or Erkles docking mod!

That sir... IS A DAMN GOOD IDEA :D

But one problem, I absolutely hate mods :(

I'm currently working on a big project with mods though, called Project Frontier. I will post about it later, because it's still early days on the project.

That sir... IS A DAMN GOOD IDEA :D

But one problem, I absolutely hate mods :(

I'm currently working on a big project with mods though, called Project Frontier. I will post about it later, because it's still early days on the project.

When I started to play KSP I refused to use any mods for the first month, just so I got used to the stock game. Now I have added a few more and they really do open up the game to some great ideas. I have a huge Research facility on the Mun, A World Space station. and I'm now working on a Mining base using the Kethane pack

I have not gone crazy on the mods as I don't want pages and pages of parts and I like to keep the style of the base game in my builds if I can. I use DSM pack, Dynasat pack, DEMV and the related plugins.

I'm just like you and usually hate mods, The last game I modded was GTA San Andreas but they fit this game perfectly and the quality of the Mod community's work for KSP is amazing.

I actually think that mods are what keeps me playing this game so much. I would still come back to it, I know because I love this game, but the modding community for this game is outstanding! Modders make it so that there is new content all the time. That and the the regular updates from the devs make this game constantly changing, I love it! And honestly, there are more well-balanced mods than most people realize. just my 2 cents, gotta show love for the modders!

If you hate mods, consider looking at Bobcat Industries latest realease. It comes complete with 3 crewable rovers, some with IVA, an orbital drop cargo pod for delivering small rovers, and much more. Think Mass Effect's Mako M35. (Known as Bobcat's "Rat") Yeah, they pretty much made that. The mods are getting more insanely awesome by the day OP, check them out!

I pretty much run stock. I'm not against mods, however the vast majority i've tried have ended up putting the game far more on 'easy mode' than I like. The challenge is why it's fun for me.. Most of the mods i've tried have been fairly unbalanced and overpowered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.