Do the impossible.

Ok if anyone can do this then you are amazing the Challenge is: You must successfully maintain an orbit around the Sun then using your velocity from your solar orbit land on every planet possible (If your unable to take off from Eve don't worry your still amazing same with Jool except for landing) If you want to challenge yourself then try and land on the Moons too. However you don't have to land on the Moons.

All mods are allowed Except MechJeb use of MechJeb would make it to easy.

Good Luck Fellow Kerbalians you'll need it. :D

all mods are Allowed meaning you could use a mod that gives you infinite fuel.

In that case, you might as well just allow infinite fuel with the development console (AKA cheat panel), in which case it becomes trivial to take a tiny ship and land on everything with it.

Using your velocity from the solar orbit and then using Slingshot Method you could (In Theory) land on each plant

I find that hard to believe, maybe you could do a flyby, but landing? taking off? going to suns orbit again? on every planet? ..no way, just using cheats or OP moded parts.

Its not possible, even in theory..

Land/Takeof takes for most planets more than 2000dV.. on eve it takes at least 8000.. so i guess just these manouvers take ~30.000m/s needing plenty of thrust all the time. adding the transfers you end up with ~60.000m/s.. so nooooo way..

• 6 months later...
Its not possible, even in theory..

Land/Takeof takes for most planets more than 2000dV.. on eve it takes at least 8000.. so i guess just these manouvers take ~30.000m/s needing plenty of thrust all the time. adding the transfers you end up with ~60.000m/s.. so nooooo way..

I'm pretty sure it takes less than 8000 dv to take off from Eve... Especially from one of the high points.

I'm pretty sure it takes less than 8000 dv to take off from Eve... Especially from one of the high points.

That 8K dv number agrees with the "smallest Eve ascent vehicle challenge" thread (that got lost in the great oops) when taking off from the highest mountain that currently exists on Eve if I remember correctly. It's about 11-12 K dv from sea level. So yes, I'd say the original statement of it taking at least 8K is accurate.

You cannot really use the slingshot manuveur in KSP. It is not really that supported at all. And once you land, how are you going to slingshot yourself back to the sun without a small engine? I think even Cassini and Voyager had a small engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.