[Plugin, Part, 0.17, Add-on] MechJeb & ISA Map Sat Antennae Components

bashpr0mpt

'Internal' components for MechJeb and ISA Map Sat with external antennae. I've been running these for quite some time inspired by wave bounce sounding rockets; recently I noticed a lot of folks requesting smaller parts with less animation (ie: for folks like me with crappy computers, KSP can be quite a memory muncher!) and realized I should probably share these recycled bits and pieces.

ISA MapSat is an essential to know wtf you are, and MechJeb, well, let's face it, 90% of players would have rage quit KSP without it, these two are plugins I and most folks cannot live without. Props go to the creators of those mods, and NovaSilisko for the sat pack from whence the remapped old parts came (with minor collision node changes, actually, major, as I desperately wanted realism for my space station and have undiagnosed obsessive compulsive disorder).

I have tweaked the impact tolerance for use on DEMV rovers, which are notorious for spontaneous inexplicable peripheral destroying barrel rolls.

Depending on the outcome of replies to the following note, I may be developing additional peripherals and reimaginings of existing plugins, remaps, and minor mods that don't require messing with nodes. I abandon all alienable rights to this where possible, do with it as you please, just trying to help.

:: You can download the mod here: <a href="http://www.kerbal.net/mod.php?id=80">http://www.kerbal.net/mod.php?id=80</a>

:: You can also find a lovely screen shot of it there, or if you're lazy and want to mouse-over it in Chome, hover <a href="http://i.imgur.com/zqXHX.png">here</a>

Add me on Twitter if you appreciate these parts to encourage me to chase things up and find a group of modders, @bashpr0mpt, I follow back (and you'll get latent follows from my fans (near 50k and growing!) so share the loves.)

(NOTE: Any other modders out there adept at dealing with nodes; Ive currently abandoned any interest in modding as loading KSP takes nearly ten minutes on my PC thus adjusting nodes a bit at a time is impossible. If anyone is looking for someone to work with, I have a few near fully completed mods, including: -

1) Androgynous Peripheral Attachment System (Full warp safe hard docking mod with ORDA in built.)

4) Redesigned Down Under Space Plane (With micro Buran style launch system.)

D) Space Station Parts (Assorted, including functional docking systems.)

I will happily give these away, or work with any group of modders out there interested in them. My strength is in graphical design and inventiveness, and my modelling is weak to average (still learning) but node manipulation I just cannot do, and thus all my stuff is sitting unused.)

Edited by bashpr0mpt

... I haven't had to map a planet for a while, in the interim it appears that I can no longer map using the antenna for ISA, so it's currently just a geolocation device. I don't mind this as it is far more realistic (besides wave bounce mapping) but have contacted the mod to see if we can work something out. At present his plugin actually uses the CODE to animate rather than the animation mesh. This means that when using something without the animated pivots it breaks the entire code and the mapsat plugin just eats a dick and dies. :'(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.