Server Migration today!

RayneCloud

As you may or may not be aware of, we've just recently bought two brand new servers to handle a change in services, and to help with load spreading. But the great news, is that KSP has gone to the cloud! We'll be using Amazon CloudFront (I think) to handle release days. :)

-DR

awesome, just as I suggested :D

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/16252-Kerbal-Space-Program-For-Steam-Greenlight?p=230089&viewfull=1#post230089

Cloud stuff is awesome. Knowing you can command hundreds of boxes (Meh ok... VM instances) with a single command, even while working in a medium sized business always gives me the goosebumps.

A lot of other people suggested it as well, here and in IRC, sorry but you were not the first jfx :)

Squad did this as it needed to be done, just be thankful they managed to get a decent deal from Amazon, someone there must play KSP :D

We're not using Amazon for the forums, as they're fairly low load and can be safely isolated. Amazon is expensive, so we'll only be using it for the two or three days during which we need the extra firepower, and then we'll drop down to the baseline servers.

Hi guys.

The Forums migration to the new server couldn't be completed today, but we will continue working on that tomorrow. We don't want to keep the Forums down, so that's why they're back for tonight.

Tomorrow they'll be down again and I hope it will take only a couple hours.

Cheers.

So this means that .17.1 is due out soon, right? I can't wait. I've been unable to play due to the issues with .17

Not necessarily - stuff like this takes time to organise and get working. They've got to get the new servers installed to start with!