The Linux compatibility thread!

Massive and heartfelt thanks to everyone who posted here, whether seeking help or giving it, this thread and Linux support in general could not have survived without all your help, and while this thread is now closed and was archived (now unarchived) please join us at the new Linux Thread! :)

With Unity4 officially supporting Linux, Squad have taken the bold step in offering a Linux build of KSP while the game is still in development.

Linux support is still temperamental and considered "in development" by Unity themselves so there are a few issues to deal with, especially with the 64bit version so if you are having trouble it's worth sticking to the 32bit version of KSP for linux.

---------------------

(1) Installation and supported systems.

(2) Fonts and localisations.

(3) Known issues and special features.

(4) Graphics Drivers and frames per second.

(5) KSP logs and diagnosis.

(6) Linux KSP on Steam.

(7) Addon Compatibility.

(8) KSP for Windows in Wine.

Edited by sal_vager

Start KSP the right way with voidi's installation script, just click here!

(Direct link to script)

KSP for Linux from the Squad store comes as a zip file and can be unzipped to any folder in your home directory, it does not need root privileges but the binary files (KSP.x86 and KSP.x86_64) may need to be set as executable.

KSP for Linux from Steam is installed to the normal Steam games folder on your system.

Supported Systems

Officially, the Unity Game Engine supports Ubuntu from 12.04 onwards, older versions may fail to run KSP as they may be missing dependencies that they cannot install, and other flavours of Linux may also struggle a bit.

Please note that just because Unity (and KSP) do not support other distro's, does not mean KSP won't work, but also just because it works on Distro X doesn't mean it'll work on yours.

Using the ldd command I have this list of dependencies required by the KSP.x86 in Xubuntu 14.04:

linux-gate.so.1 => (0xf770f000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf75f8000)
libGLU.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1 (0xf7580000)
libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib32/nvidia-331/libGL.so.1 (0xf7478000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0xf7340000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0xf7328000)
libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXcursor.so.1 (0xf7318000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xf7310000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xf72f0000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0xf72e0000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xf7298000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf7278000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xf70c8000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7710000)
libnvidia-tls.so.331.38 => /usr/lib32/nvidia-331/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.331.38 (0xf70c0000)
libnvidia-glcore.so.331.38 => /usr/lib32/nvidia-331/libnvidia-glcore.so.331.38 (0xf4e78000)
libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0xf4e50000)
libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXrender.so.1 (0xf4e40000)
libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXfixes.so.3 (0xf4e38000)
libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0xf4e30000)
libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf4e28000)

And these for the KSP.x86_64

linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fffd9400000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f0f7b3d8000)
libGLU.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1 (0x00007f0f7b168000)
libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/nvidia-331/libGL.so.1 (0x00007f0f7ae30000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0x00007f0f7aaf8000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0x00007f0f7a8e0000)
libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcursor.so.1 (0x00007f0f7a6d0000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f0f7a4c8000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f0f7a2a8000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007f0f7a0a0000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f0f79d98000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f0f79b80000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f0f797b8000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f0f7b700000)
libnvidia-tls.so.331.38 => /usr/lib/nvidia-331/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.331.38 (0x00007f0f795b0000)
libnvidia-glcore.so.331.38 => /usr/lib/nvidia-331/libnvidia-glcore.so.331.38 (0x00007f0f76da0000)
libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007f0f76b80000)
libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrender.so.1 (0x00007f0f76970000)
libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXfixes.so.3 (0x00007f0f76768000)
libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0x00007f0f76560000)
libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x00007f0f76358000)

If you are using a 64bit distro you may need the 32bit libraries, you can install them on a Debian based distro using ":i386" after the package name.

Here's an example for the Mesa driver "sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx:i386"

Edited by sal_vager

piotrektt is working on testing KSP addons to see what works, check out his thread here, can you help add to his list?

DorfKerbin and a team of Redditors have also checked a number of addons for compatibility with KSP for Linux, but it's a bit out of date now, click here for more.

Addon parts should work fine in Linux KSP, and nearly all plugins should also work as Unity uses Mono for the C# used to code them.

Issues can appear however if Monodevelop, a free tool for writing C# code, isn't used, this is because the more common Microsoft C# development tools handle things slightly differently, and incompatibilities can occur.

Even if using Monodevelop there can still be occasional issues though, as the version of Mono used by Unity is always a little out of date, and is also modified by Unity themselves.

Edited by vexx32

KSP on Linux needs the Arial.ttf and ArialBd.ttf fonts installed to display correctly, these are from the winetricks eufonts pack, just place these two files in your /home/user/.fonts directory in Debian distro's.

Arch Linux geniuses should check here for where to install their fonts.

OpenSUSE sufferers should look here.

Gentoo compilers here.

Fedora wearers here.

Followers of Slacktivism here.

For all distro's, putting the fonts in /usr/share/fonts should do the trick, also after adding any fonts to a linux system you should run "fc-cache -fv" as this will look in the common font directory(s) and build from there :) (thanks meeki)

KSP has some issues with some languages that interchange comma's and periods, you can solve this by starting KSP to the LC_ALL=C command:

For 32bit systems, but no longer needed as of 0.90.0

Code:

LC_ALL=C ./KSP.x86

For 64bit systems

Code:

LC_ALL=C ./KSP.x86_64

(Try LC_LANG=C if the above fails)

StoliFlyer has made a small shell script that we can use to start KSP without having to type in LC_ALL=C each time, which was later improved by Ghost99:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost99 View Post

Here is universal and simple script for running one of binary, according to user's architecture and with correct locale.

X64_IS_UNSTABLE variable will protect users from running still unstable 64bit version. When 64bit version would be stable (or just for testing), variable can be changed to "no", or just removed.

LANG variable will be used for any binary, launched from current script and will set correct locale for game.

Code:

#!/bin/sh

LANG=C

X64_IS_UNSTABLE="yes"

if [[ `arch` == "x86" || $X64_IS_UNSTABLE == "yes" ]] ; then

./KSP.x86

elif [ `arch` == "x86_64" ] ; then

./KSP.x86_64

fi

Note, getting the Steam version of KSP to work with LC_ALL=C is a little different, please see below.

Important! - There is a new issue where if a player needs LC_ALL=C and starts a new save, the persistent.sfs can be corrupted in exactly the same way that the settings.cfg can be.

Please see here for a fix.

Edited by sal_vager

Some of the new spaceplane parts use .tga's for textures but most distro's do not support loading these by default, you will need to install a package to handle them such as libsdl-image

Segfaults in KSP 64bit broken again!, see Addle's new fix here and below.

Meeki has worked out a fix here for 0.22, helps a lot for heavily modded installs, also 0.23 has new offsets, so check out the new instructions here, thanks to MikeAeronautLZ for finding them.

Also, FuzzyLlama has found how to make the above work in Gentoo!

Updated by meeki.

And updated again for 0.23.5 by ASCII892.

Updated yet again, this time by MikeAeronautLZ for 0.24.

Updated for 0.90.0 by Addle.

Just run these in a terminal in the KSP directory, these are for 0.90.0:

echo "0099e747: 00" | xxd -r - KSP.x86_64
echo "0099e74c: 00" | xxd -r - KSP.x86_64

If KSP crashes when you revert or pause and resume, you can try the fix here, big thanks to Misanthe for working on this one.

KSP can crash on startup on non-Ubuntu systems with a stacktrace in the log, member a.g. has worked out a fix here.

Locked to a resolution/fullscreen mode and unable to change? <Click here> for finding the Unity prefs file.

Some players have reported that the game fails to load past the "Indicator Panel", LC_ALL=C should fix it.

Mouse issues

If you use a localisation that suffers from the above your mouse sensitivity can be corrupted, just delete the settings.cfg to fix it.

There has also been reports of an oversensitive mouse, often caused by an addon, but also seen on Debian for no known reason.

The Modifier Key (Debug Tools!)

Alt is in use by many Linux distributions for dragging windows, this interferes with the Alt key in KSP so it has been remapped to RightShift, though it is easily mapped back to any key you like in the settings.cfg

The debug log can be accessed with RightShift+F2, the debug tools are available with RightShift+F12

Xbox controllers

Xbox controllers actually work very well in Linux, but they do require xboxdrv to be installed.

Arch Linux

There's a number of issues with KSP on Arch, you can find more info and fixes here.

Edited by sal_vager

KSP works best with the proprietary graphics drivers for your graphics adapter, if using AMD or Nvidia, the open source drivers can work but are slow and can lack some effects/shaders, though their speed and capabilities are constantly improving.

AMD graphics adapters

Unfortunately, anti aliasing does not yet work in Unity with AMD hardware, so until this is fixed we have to put up with a bit of roughness.

You can install the latest stable AMD proprietary driver in Ubuntu 14.04 by first converting the .run file into a .deb with this command:

Code:

sudo sh amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.12-linux-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/trusty

Then install the .deb with the following:

Code:

sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb

Nvidia graphics adapters

The easiest way to install the more up-to-date Nvidia drivers is to add the x-swat repository to the package manager.

You can also download the latest drivers for your system directly from Nvidia's site.

And finally, UndeadBanana has a fix here for Nvidia hardware that can greatly improve the speed of your game.

Intel cards.

Intel cards use the free open Mesa driver which has seen some recent performance boosts, there are still a few things we can do to improve our game though.

Kelmv has a fix for S3TC textures on Intel cards here.

Want to enable shadows on Linux for Intel Ivy Bridge graphics? Try this. This has been reported to also solve some crashing issues with these cards.

Is aerodynamic FX greyed out and you see "No hardware support" on the settings screen? Then you'll want diego_gz's fix for Intel cards here :)

Frames per second in KSP!

There's a few different ways to get FPS in KSP.

GLXOSD

You can get an on screen FPS counter in any Linux game using GLXOSD.

It's a command line tool so use it you need to start KSP from a terminal or a shell script with:

glxosd "PathToYourKSPBinary"

KSP-DEVTOOLS

These platform agnostic tools include FPS.dll, which if plonked in your plugins folder will show the FPS of KSP, low profile but a little jittery and should work on Windows and OSX as well.

VOGLPERF

No I didn't sneeze in German, VOGLPERF is Valves OpenGL benchmarking tool for Linux games and has some very nice features, but it needs compiling.

Thanks to Steve_V for finding these.

Edited by sal_vager

As with OSX and Windows, KSP for Linux creates logs of information that we can use for diagnosing faults.

The player.log is written to "/home/user/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program" for both the store version and the Steam version.

The new KSP.log can be found in your KSP game folder if using the store version, or the "/home/user/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program" folder if using Steam.

These logs are essential for diagnosing faults when KSP goes wrong, and cover in-game events and basic system info.

An in-game logging feature can be accessed with modifier+f2, this is useful when trying to catch an issue as it occurs.

As well as the logs made by KSP, it is useful to know your full system specifications, this can be found in Debian based systems by using a program called hardinfo.

Edited by sal_vager

Steam keeps KSP for Linux in /home/user/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program

And can also be found symlinked in /home/user/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program

Currently, the Steam launcher will only start the KSP.x86 and not the KSP.x86_64, this is due to the still highly experimental nature of the 64bit version.

The Steam version of KSP may also need the LC_ALL=C command, but it's not very reliable to start Steam using it.

Instead you can add the command to the Steam on a per game basis, this is also useful for things like Optirun with Bumblebee.

An elegant solution can be found here thanks to stibbons, just add LD_PRELOAD and __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS variables to the "Set Launch Options..." box in the Properties page for KSP

Or try these older commands:

LC_ALL=C %command%

Skarhu informs us that:

If you want to start (experimental) 64bit steam version by default just add following line into game launch options:

LC_ALL=C %command%_64

Don't know where to do this? See here and here.

Edited by sal_vager

It is still possible to run the Windows version of KSP in the Wine compatibility layer, KSP works best with the rawinput support of Wine 1.5.13 and higher, so make sure you are using the latest version of Wine.

You will need the updated proprietary drivers for your graphics adapter and the Eufonts pack which is part of Winetricks, then KSP for Windows should work fine in Wine.

There won't be joystick support, and shadows can be messed up, but actual game performance can be slightly higher then in the native Linux build, see the old Wine thread for more.

Edited by sal_vager

Hello!

I'm running Linux Mint 14 64-bit, and executing KSP v0.19.1 with a batch file:

#!/bin/sh
cd "/media/johannes/sda3/Spel/SteamLinux/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program"
LC_ALL=C ./KSP.x86_64

I do experience frequent crashes when loading the Launchpad from the Vechile Assembly Building. I've heard of error-logs will be saved in the KSP_DATA directory, but there are no error logs there. I've noticed several 32-bit users (Windows) experience same type of crashes, and of what I understand, this is being caused by some type of memory restriction in Windows and maybe a Unity bug. But I'm running 64-bit version of linux, so what can the problem be?

Any solution for my problem?

Hello!

LC_ALL=C ./KSP.x86_64

The 64 bit build is apparently still highly experimental. I'm on 64-bit debian, but have only ever run the 32 bit build (also installed from Steam). Do you still see the same problem running the 32 bit version?

I'm running a 64-bit OpenSUSE distribution of Linux, and when I try to run the game, my menu looks like this:

LxPLMzo.png

My friend can run the game just fine on the same computer (logged into his own account on the system, instead of mine) but for some reason mine is doing that. I'd post an error from the console, but the console is similarly distorted, so I can't read it. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Apparently, all the standard UI stuff generally works properly. If I can manage to properly guess where the "New Game" button would be if the text was working, I can eventually get through to the game itself. However, the game itself looks like this:

HYx6pCX.png

So there's some sort of display issue, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

EDIT: Oh, and it's not generating any sort of error log, because the game isn't actually crashing. Turning on the error log in the .cfg file produces something in-game that is a jumbled mess like everything else in those images. I'm thoroughly stumped.

Edited by Ezzran
Spoiler doesn't work here xD

Okay, you should still get a player.log in "/home/user/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program" so find it, open it, copy the contents and paste them here in code tags, they look like this:

[CODE][/CODE]

NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (Permission denied).
Texture2D 128x128 won't fit, reducing size (needed mem=85 used mem=36673 allowedmem=1)

Texture2D 64x64 won't fit, reducing size (needed mem=21 used mem=36673 allowedmem=1)

Texture2D 32x32 won't fit, reducing size (needed mem=5 used mem=36673 allowedmem=1)

Texture2D 512x512 won't fit, reducing size (needed mem=256 used mem=36673 allowedmem=1)

Texture2D 256x256 won't fit, reducing size (needed mem=64 used mem=36673 allowedmem=1)

This is not normal and points to an issue with your graphics driver, that first line seems to indicate that you don't have the permissions to use it on your account, maybe the driver was not installed system wide somehow?

That is very possible. I'm on one of my college's CompSci Lab computers, so I don't have admin access or anything. I'll have to bug my system administrator about it. Thanks!

The odd bit is that another student (who SHOULD have the same permissions that I do, unless he's done something illegal to change that) can run the game just fine. I'll have to ask him about that.

Hello

I tested the 1.9.1 x64 and x86 build on Ubuntu 12.10 and there seems to be something fundamentally broken.

first things first of there is no difference between x64 and x86, i tested both executables.

Graphics, Sound and Controls seem to work fine, but everything else is kinda strange.

I best talk about it step by step.

I start a new game

The background stuff all is good with the mun or bust thing on the mun and everything looks like the windows version

i go to the launch pad and click a random craft.

the game loads and i'm somewhere in space. the music starts playing. i can look around with the mouse. but i can see no spacecraft. the ui the planets and the map seems to work fine. i can see the kerbals in the lower right

the interior view works but there are no controls. also i can't control the vehicle the timer stands at 0 and doesn't advance.

i can't time accelerate i can only go to the map take screenshots and exit. When i exit it says total mission time 0 seconds.

So much for the flight part of the game.

Next the assembly part:

i create a new design and everything seems to be fine at first.

i select a command module. Now comes the part where nothing works again.

when i select a module there are no green spheres on the module and there is no glue effect. the module stays red regardless which way i turn it.

Now when i hover the item directly over the command pod, the module disappears and the command module glows green. when i left click, the module is gone. i can add more modules but they all get gobbled up somehow.

when i launch this thing, same thing happens like before.

also when i load other existing designs they are invisible, i can only tell that it is loaded by the staging in the lower right.

Just to rule out graphics or anything i turned everything to the lowest setting and tested again with the same results.

Tested System:

Acer Laptop

Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz × 2

Intel® Sandybridge Mobile

Ubuntu 12.10 64bit but with some multilib(32bit libaries for some steam games)

Kernel:Linux Acer-Laptop 3.5.0-27-lowlatency #30-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 3 18:26:33 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

stdout:

Set current directory to /home/mama/Downloads/KSP_linux
Found path: /home/mama/Downloads/KSP_linux/KSP.x86
Mono path[0] = '/home/mama/Downloads/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/mama/Downloads/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Mono'
/dev/input/js0: driver version: 2.1.0 (20100)
: Too many axes; using axes 0 - 19 and ignoring axes 20 - 36
: Too many buttons; using buttons 0 - 19 and ignoring buttons 20 - 56
/dev/input/js0: fd 3, buttons 20, axes 20, name Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0
/dev/input/js0: axis 0: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 1: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 2: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 3: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 4: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 5: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 6: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 7: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 8: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 9: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 10: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 11: raw 0, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 12: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 13: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 14: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 15: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 16: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 17: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 18: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 19: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js0: axis 20: raw -32767, mapped 0.000000
/dev/input/js1: open: Operation not permitted

output of glxinfo:

name of display: :0
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile,
GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile,
GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_OML_swap_method,
GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_INTEL_swap_event
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness, GLX_ARB_get_proc_address,
GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer,
GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_INTEL_swap_event
GLX version: 1.4
GLX extensions:
GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer,
GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_swap_control,
GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGIS_multisample,
GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group,
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_INTEL_swap_event
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.0.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL extensions:
GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,
GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_copy_texture,
GL_EXT_polygon_offset, GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_EXT_texture_object,
GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_texture,
GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_point_parameters,
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_point_parameters,
GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color,
GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,
GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp,
GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_multitexture,
GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays,
GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1,
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix,
GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays,
GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_texture_env_add,
GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias,
GL_INGR_blend_func_separate, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_light_max_exponent,
GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_S3_s3tc,
GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp,
GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object,
GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine,
GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_MESA_window_pos, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil,
GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_depth_texture,
GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine,
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3,
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap,
GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_depth_clamp,
GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels,
GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_draw_buffers,
GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_shader_objects,
GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ATI_draw_buffers,
GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs,
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture,
GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_ARB_depth_clamp,
GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel,
GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_shading_language_100,
GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object,
GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate,
GL_OES_read_format, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object,
GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_texture_float,
GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object,
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc,
GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB,
GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object,
GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample,
GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable,
GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2,
GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters,
GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode,
GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_OES_EGL_image, GL_MESA_texture_array,
GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced,
GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays,
GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle,
GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects,
GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra,
GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend,
GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_ARB_debug_output,
GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex,
GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions,
GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map,
GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui,
GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex,
GL_EXT_texture_snorm, GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba, GL_ARB_robustness,
GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_ARB_texture_storage,
GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata

md5checksum of both programs:

3899c5cd07a71a413bc23a0e8a4442a6 KSP.x86

9f8a5e213c955b264f6365d836630162 KSP.x86_64

ldd of KSP.x86

linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf7798000)
libGLU.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1 (0xf76ed000)
libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1 (0xf768f000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0xf7558000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0xf7546000)
libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXcursor.so.1 (0xf753b000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xf7536000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xf751b000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0xf7511000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf7428000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xf73fc000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf73de000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xf7234000)
libglapi.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglapi.so.0 (0xf721d000)
libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXdamage.so.1 (0xf7219000)
libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXfixes.so.3 (0xf7212000)
libX11-xcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11-xcb.so.1 (0xf720f000)
libxcb-glx.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb-glx.so.0 (0xf71f7000)
libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0xf71d4000)
libXxf86vm.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0xf71ce000)
libdrm.so.2 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdrm.so.2 (0xf71c1000)
libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXrender.so.1 (0xf71b7000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7799000)
libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0xf71b2000)
libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf71ab000)

Edit:

player.log:

http://pastebin.com/uTyM74WE

Edited by KnightKiller
added player.log