Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

SNIP

My latest career save's first mission to Duna. this is just the transfer ship and the orbital science module: Landers for Ike and Duna are still being designed, but will be launched on a separate launch vehicle and fly independently from the crew until arrival at Duna. All the science and high-drag parts are tucked under the fairing just aft of the cockpit, and the three rocket motors on the nose drag the nose cap away after clearing the majority of the atmosphere during launch. Both functions are tied to the same action group, so they happen at the EXACT same time. Should look cool in flight. :D

What are those parts from especially that command pod.

You don't have to use html tags. :wink:

If you'd used [noparse]http://i.imgur.com/gHukz5G.png[/noparse] than your images would have showed.

What are we supposed to look at??!

snip

Well, thanks for helping out with the pic! What you are supposed to see is the KSC 2 in the center, being viewed from IVA. I don't like how to green HUD got slightly in the way...

What are those parts from especially that command pod.

The pod is from Nertea's Near Future Propulsion Pack v0.42, the boosters are made of parts from NovaPunch, the nose cap, the jettison motors on that cap, and the tower are from FASA v3.84, and the fairings just below the crew pod are from Procedural Fairings. Not seen are a number of parts from FASA, NFPP, DMagic Orbital Sciences, Planetes Corporation, and Kerbal Attachment Systems (science parts and a few batteries, plus spares storage), and the all-important MechJeb. Behind the scenes, structural integrity has been augmented through the use of Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, increased computer performance has been provided by Texture Compression, and a bit of challenge has been added through the use of Deadly Reentry, preventing an aerobraking with this particular craft.

All in all, she is one of my favorite designs from both a functionality standpoint, and because she just LOOKS good, even in the VAB.

I have the pack... I've TRIED to stuff a Kerbal through that hatch to get to an experiment I stuffed inside... beyond the reach of a Kerbal.

Let's just say that the Kraken decided that was a really good time to come say hi. >.<

In other news,I now have a couple of missions loitering on orbit now, waiting for the departure windows to open...

UfhpJvB.png

This one's going to Jool, hence the hefty heat shield on the front for aerocapture. SHOULD have enough dV to make the round trip, especially with an aerocapture/aerobraking on both ends. Not going to the moons just yet... I need to unlock some higher power electric systems to make THAT possible.

Well after my 2000 plus parts ship shredded itself into the forward third I made it to Duna. Heavy landers worked like a charm but the aircraft deployed didn't meet with so much success leaving one Kerbite stranded with a shattered plane and the other missing parts that limped to orbit for a tow. After a long drive back to Kerbin I developed a drivable solution to fix said problem. The little mug rocket will climb to 200k straight up from kerbin so I figure the mobile rocket will suffice. Also included deployable solar cells for dual duty mudflaps.

M2egCH7.png

lpNsu4b.jpg

SU9dRna.jpg

C5HL9Nv.png

wNnhLrx.jpg

VgjkpUu.jpg

5LKAFfh.png

6SwxdZS.jpg

Edited by sumrex