Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Congrats! Well done!

Thanks! I'll be doing several such expeditions, first 60 days in orbit, then 150 days in orbit, and finally 375 days in orbit, in order to roleplay studies on the effects of long-term stays in zero-g environment on astronauts' health; that's in preparation for manned Venus and Mars flybys.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.â€Â

HMS Ramillies taking a 60 ton ICBM hit directly amidships - but she survived.

YylYbmG.png

You guys want to talk Relics? I got a relic, too! Pre 0.12

vFxGhHl.jpg

Back when there was no moon and the only thing to do was try and get a perfect orbit. Then trying to re-enter as close to KSC as possible. And when the water was a solid

When Water was actually implemented correctly, it looked way better than it does now up close. Wish we could change it

Edited by Sabor

Super Buran rendezvoused and attached to the transfer stage

14839575986_c398883c82_c.jpgscreenshot12 by moon-man1, on Flickr

Munward bound

14839576056_6321703918_c.jpgscreenshot13 by moon-man1, on Flickr

a majestic sight

14675927029_c3c748960d_c.jpgscreenshot14

now with 100% less transfer stage, and more de-acceleration stage

14676026577_eced807c3d_c.jpgscreenshot16

Landed backwards, the only thing keeping me up were the 10 vernier engines on the bottom. Nevertheless, a happy crew.

14675932669_b385218fd5_c.jpgscreenshot24

14860100844_f18aabb5fa_z.jpgscreenshot21

circulurization

14859494751_f4097096d4_c.jpgscreenshot30

Jupiter 232 preparing for launch

Very cool, I've always loved how the Jupiter DIRECT rockets look, especially the modular engine configuration. I'm a little disappointed that NASA didn't choose that route, but ultimately the SLS seems more capable.

lPNG3II.png

Richard Meier Orbiter

Nothing fancy here. I sent it on top of the RM lander, and it carries a ScanSat mapping device.

Thanks to it's mapping (and the lander's measurements), the only thing left for a manned landing is to land a rover at the crater and find an ideal landing site:

tW4nL6c.png

The silver transfer stage carries a heavy mapping thingymabob and some other equipment, so it'll be turned into a mapping/communication satellite once it arrives at Duna.

A Falcon-P returning from a rescue mission with Luner Kerman safely on board (Luner was one of the crew I got in 0.21, so to see him stranded by some other reckless space agency was unacceptable):

LZYl7wh.png

Screaming through the mountain range.

5qqXp4a.png

Today also saw the end of the Pioneer Program, which has been going for several game years and has seen missions ranging from basic orbits to Mun landings. Ferrigh Kerman completed the final Mun landing under the Pioneer banner in Mun's north polar region, enabling the completion of the tech tree. He also managed to pick out a good looking base site.

pPgs8OT.png

InMNQ7l.png

The INQ-1 Destiny probe has also proven to be very useful. It orbits Duna and completes free-return trajectories to Ike when a contract requires Science.

RPdl4Ka.png

And finally, construction has commenced on the Columbia Research Outpost around Mun, intended to support future missions in place of the Pioneer Program.

LaeXr7X.png

Just got a wild hair and tried to make something with redneck style to go fast and look good. It accidentally evolved into something more useful... (Note to the modders) Chrome and flames are scientific facts known to make things go faster. Now if you can make a mod to combine the two so chrome flames can be added, Kerbal kind will rejoice.

VdK8nqG.png?1

Version 1 style points abound, but is a pretty iffy flyer.

B5up1bn.jpg

System evolved into a seed ship to seed 20 or so rescue systems into Kerbin Orbit.

QytJcjV.jpg

I was using a space station or this to retrieve Kerbals, but orbit chasing took more time. (This was my orbital rescue ship vending machine) Instead it proved more practical to scatter rescue ships through various points in the orbital plane.

c5zdaoa.jpg

A nice side note... If you have a job to collect science around kerbin, just fly one of the remote ships and do a crew report for an instant win....

o86JHA5.png

Froburry brings a standard wing version in hot to the island landing strip.

XmF4lbu.jpg

Emptying escape pods from my station and getting ready to tow it out to Duna or Jool.

x14Wkjz.png?1

Edited by sumrex

ldEj29o.png

And, I have a more faithful F/A-18 Super hornet. Drop tank and weapons officer included. (Missiles were upgraded to actual AIM-9X specs. I forgot to put in the second pilot in some of the screenshots, but it has a second cockpit along with extremely good low speed handling).

prFXv4U.jpg

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think it could come in handy in ground battles. Once multiplayer gets released, anyone want to dogfight me? :) :)