Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

fAFlRcT.png

Launching the Snowstorm.

It's the Russians' take on a space shuttle-like vehicle, the Buran. The main difference is that it uses an actual carrier rocket instead of a side tank, which eliminates the need for costly gimbaling engines on the orbiter.

And I still managed to fail miserably. The craft doesn't glide well, and some parts generate way too much drag for their shape. I expected it to land in the desert but barely reached land.

2015-01-04_00004_zpsc301ba15.jpg~original

Honestly, Kerbin doesn't get enough love. People who build planes almost always post photos around the KSC, rocket enthusiasts usually only ever see it from space. Yet, out of all the planets and moons, it is the most recognizable by land mass and coloration. Make your next mission the far side of Kerbin, see the wonders of home!

-snip

Honestly, Kerbin doesn't get enough love. People who build planes almost always post photos around the KSC, rocket enthusiasts usually only ever see it from space. Yet, out of all the planets and moons, it is the most recognizable by land mass and coloration. Make your next mission the far side of Kerbin, see the wonders of home!

That photo is beautiful. Kerbin's mountains was always my favourite place in the Kerbol System (apart from Dunar icecaps)

kuwWupq.png

Hey, how come I've not noticed this thread before?

Hmm, where do I begin…

Well, this is my first rescue mission. Jeb got stranded just outside Minmus' SoI and needed a push:

Minmusclaw1.png

Minmusclaw2.png

The operation went as planned, mostly:

Minmusclaw3.png

Minmusclaw4.png

And even the lander part survived bar the engine, which was quite surprising:

Minmusclaw7.png

Note that I didn't know of the magic F2 key back then, so pardon the HUD :P.

Hi guys

Have to say - what an incredible game, and what a fantastic community. I've learned so much from just lurking and reading I thought it was about time to say "Thanks" and join in!

Heres a pic of my testbed for a modular base system, loosely based on Temstar's tutorial - just one of many, many projects...

Its a little haphazard as theres several iterations of Hab / connector in there, but the core of it is done.

Pic includes a core module, 2 hab modules, lab, power, comms, multiple connector types, a crawler for moving stuff about, a big science rover and a big tanker rover

27DBDA01A1C28DADC5F0E60DE5A55074BA2944AF

Well, everyone's posting Kerbin pictures now... I had to go and tick off a couple of research waypoints, anyway :P

First, I went North to a bunch of mountains. I must say, this is a very pretty place.

Zq6tk2T.png

Oddly though, the trees didn't spawn the next time I went there, though I've had something similar happen to me once before on Gilly, so I may go and check again.

After that, I went South, just because I could.

xD827kq.png

At day, the aurorae look nice...

s5Rv7A5.png

UxyKvvK.png

...at night, however...

vKETf3A.png

2zDVMAW.png

...well...

xZc4x25.png

1iqS46y.png

...absolutely stunning. I've been South once before with no EVE and a not-as-good-as-my-current-skybox skybox, and while it was a pretty place back then, that trip just doesn't compare to this one.

dXF4JTT.png

BONUS: Jeb, Mun, and Minmus.

wXjqYDX.png

That ... is definitely a challenge. I use Flight Assistant for those long journeys, I hated micromanaging a single plane for an hour, I cannot imagine two!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/Hyomoto/2015-01-04_00006_zps06a2e38a.jpg~original

Its not that hard, actually. Given now we have those new pilot skills its just a matter of targetting one of the planes and matching speeds. I would've gone to the south pole of Kerbin If I wasnt a moron by getting one of the planes in a flatspin