Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

This one is worthy of some post-production effects. I just love the composition.

http://i.imgur.com/7wADNtK.png

Rune. Sadly, I lack the skill or the time... any volunteers maybe?

Not very good at Gimp but I threw this together, hope you like it. (Refining by further removing edge lines)

deleted, see below.

Edited by esinohio

Well it's certainly a step in the right direction! Still, probably could do with a tad blurrier edge maybe? Anyhow, thanks for taking the time!

Rune. Have a cookie!

Here ya go! :) Edges softened a bit. Better?

Pkdj6Bx.png

Edited by esinohio

Here ya go! :) Edges softened a bit. Better?

http://i.imgur.com/Pkdj6Bx.png

Yup! Thanks a million. I know you can't do magic if the source doesn't have enough information...

http://i.imgur.com/9TTXEn3.jpg

DOF leaves much to be desired... but it's tough without proper z-buffer pass

That one is really cool too! The "low quality" hides the image artifacts, and with the original backgrund the color palette is just fitting... if only because I'm used to seeing it in game!

Rune. The technical jargon? You have me lost there, I know zilch about image processing.

j3jh8a6.png

Turns out reentering at 12 km/s with FAR's aero failures makes for a pretty lightshow.

(I could've gotten a better shot but the capsule was spinning at like 98482908566284^48 RPM so the camera was freaking out.

Actual pretty image tax:

Uk17Kxb.png

Edited by mythbusters844
Turned into JPG for some reason

Pararovers!!!!

Great minds think alike... I made my "Tortoise" para-rover a while back. Very similar design to yours by coincidence but I used one of the larger parachutes as the rover body.

2048x1152.resizedimage

Here's a shot of a test deployment of four rovers over Kerbin, I used a single RCS tank and thruster to deorbit them...

30DBCB873D39CCB74B0C5CF1B3F116BF632C237C

And this is how they look after landing, i.e. without the "shell". :wink: If you launch them into a polar orbit you can land them pretty much anywhere on your chosen planet. I have a couple on Duna but you need to use the RSC thrust to slow the decent otherwise the wheels can break, you can decouple the RSC tank after landing and just rock the rover off the top of it though.

2048x1152.resizedimage

I love messing about with little things like these. :D