Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

7 hours ago, Triop said:

There is no shame in making awful looking planes, do it myself:

u0tFUHl.png

To me everything that flies great is beautiful. ^_^

All planes that look good fly bad and all planes that fly good look bad and there are almost no exceptions 

13 hours ago, Triop said:

Wait, is that a sunken ship on the background ?

Awesome dude, can I have the savefile and go explore it ?

Hi yes it's a sunken ship , whats actually happening is I'm trying to break KK :) and failing , which means that shipwrecks can be a thing,  though there are two already in my static mod and nobody as of yet found them :)  

Sadly can't share that save with anyone who is not on first name terms with the Kraken .   Though I could probably be persuaded to make a little standalone set of shipwrecks, and yes they do show as anomalies.  

Jfy9zcg.png

C7 Munar 8 reentry after a failed double-flyby mission of the Mun

IpwTWjy.png

SS-1 Flight 9 takeoff

SfRL0Pv.png

Landed on Samlee's Island

PqpFiil.png

Liftoff of Periapsis' Aerospike SSTO to launch Satellite 2 into orbit

dKpjvQl.png

Satellite 2 in orbit

EfRgFBW.png

The first successful landing of Rokea's Hawk Mk1 first stage

ogw2jsi.png

The second stage falling close by

aMwwLUQ.png

The first flight of the SS-3 spaceplane from Integral after the KSP gifted one to them for research. Taken from apoapsis

oGZ9kpW.png

Reentry over the North Pole

NunTKq2.png

A tough landing at the Winter Owl base

YtlUucY.png

Artemis on a Slate flyby

goiAzTt.png

Sarnus, Eeloo, and Ovok

mVzYaVt.png

Separation of the Traveler landing probe

ASaAwtR.png

Entering Tekto's atmosphere

5urVTJu.png

Successful landing at Tekto's shores

Edited by The Raging Sandwich
Changed Hale to Ovok

so far my best open hangar photo. Lots going on here

BPz9U1M.png

I took two exterior photos, one with the Ambient Light Adjustment turned way down and another with it way up. I layered the bright one over the dark one and erased all but the light shaft with a soft eraser brush to get the light pouring out of the HAB onto the tarmac. I added a third layer of the bright photo so I could separately control how the Civvie parked on the tarmac outside was lit by light bouncing off the ground. Then I just had to get an internal shot lined up (I use Editor Extensions Redux to disable offset limits for parts and WASDCamera to all the camera outside the VAB/SPH), black out the HAB windows and also reduce the amount of light on the skylight walls. But then after all this I realized the Deuce should be visible! I thought at first I would just say it had been moved well off to the side, but the game was still running with the camera at the same angle so I just merged the Deuce construction save file and managed to setup all those parts off in the distance without moving the camera. Oh yes, and I also placed a girder out there so that I could take a photo with and without the HAB crews so I could edit out those marshallers outside the building. That gap between the Deuce parts? That's where a marshaller stands because when I placed those parts I had the HAB crew re-enabled.

The aspect ratios or perspective ratios or whatever of the editor camera and the in-game camera are not the same, so getting the internal shot to match the external is a pain in the ass at best, impossible at worst. I have yet to try Alt+Scroll Wheel to adjust the in-game camera aspect to see if I can find a match

5 hours ago, Avery616 said:

So i have some pictures i would like to upload here. Issue is i don't know how. Are there any threads where there are instructions? thanks!

I'd suggest using Imgur. You upload a picture from your screenshots folder. Then you view your image on the website after uploading it and copy the direct link, then paste that here. It should automatically format.

8 hours ago, Avery616 said:

So i have some pictures i would like to upload here. Issue is i don't know how. Are there any threads where there are instructions? thanks!

2 hours ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I'd suggest using Imgur. You upload a picture from your screenshots folder. Then you view your image on the website after uploading it and copy the direct link, then paste that here. It should automatically format.

You can also right click on the picture you want to upload. then clicking copy, then paste it here (if copying the link doesn't work for some reason)

But Yes, imgur is your best option too.

3 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

"That's it, we're drawing the meridian right here.  That side is your side, this side is our side."

Oh come on your 238,900 miles from earth! Cant you just get along?

Thanks for the help! I have gotten imgur all set up and can now post pictures. To celebrate i have decided to upload some things from my screenshot folder.

wD58U1l.png

"I scoff at Hawaiian sunset pictures"

This was a hard one. I had to land it on the slope via pointing its nose all the way up and firing its engines to slow its descent(I believe there's a name for that. Suicide burn i think?). Then at the last second i had to turn it so it would land on its landing gear. Then it started to wheel down the slope. Requiring a few more minutes of strategic engine burning so it could slowly wheel down to a place where the brakes would work. A hard landing but well worth it.

mO3AYW7.png

"Onward into the fiery yellow yonder" The right takeoff at the right sunrise can make all the difference in the world.

So those are two pictures from my screenshot library.  I will upload more over time of course. Thank you for the help. :D

7 hours ago, Avery616 said:

Thanks for the help! I have gotten imgur all set up and can now post pictures. To celebrate i have decided to upload some things from my screenshot folder.

wD58U1l.png

"I scoff at Hawaiian sunset pictures"

This was a hard one. I had to land it on the slope via pointing its nose all the way up and firing its engines to slow its descent(I believe there's a name for that. Suicide burn i think?). Then at the last second i had to turn it so it would land on its landing gear. Then it started to wheel down the slope. Requiring a few more minutes of strategic engine burning so it could slowly wheel down to a place where the brakes would work. A hard landing but well worth it.

mO3AYW7.png

"Onward into the fiery yellow yonder" The right takeoff at the right sunrise can make all the difference in the world.

So those are two pictures from my screenshot library.  I will upload more over time of course. Thank you for the help. :D

Also, protip: Press F2 to take the navball and all that off the screen. Nice screenshots too

I constructed a rocket that could lift a MK1 capsule+retropackage for my RSS/RO install. (started over again, now on hard mode without using cheats).
The launchvehicle is behaving quitte good, around the 15 launches so far, only 2 has a engine failure with an abort scenario.

1. Liftoff in the morning from Cape Canaveral:5qqJuSO.png

2. first stage separation and second stage ignition:cIYh0fX.png

3. second stage separation and third stage ignition:
3OzEWJz.png

4. This mission had one of the objectives to have a manned mission with an altitude of 1,000 km above earth, so the third stage burned a little longer than normal. Normally it burns untill near orbital speed, so the capsule can finish the orbit on it's own with a few delta-v. For the sake of space garbage. :) 
NdLovHu.png

5. separation of the third stage:
P3ZPk4w.png

6. And just some really nice views:
dKbckc9.png

XptYbno.png

7. Sunset:
NYBefc8.png

8. This was from a reposition mission of a probe orbiting the moon:
OobvBN9.png

Hope you guys like the images. :) 

Hello! I have a new batch of pictures to show off today!

SGUiW8C.png

This picture looks like its one of those space shuttle pictures that were taken from a nearby fighter jet. This is a kannan SSTO from the OPT aerospace mod coming down after a successful satellite deployment! Another fact is that the mountains you see are the hills from the massive kerbin crater. And the middle crater island can be seen in the distance.

NwCqvE2.png

The end result. I wanted to land it at green coast. However i missed the runway. But hey its close enough.

lqrkzc0.png

Here we see a skyhawk VTOL fighter of the UKSAF 106th heavy fighter squadron being fueled up for a quick sun down patrol at the north rock AFB. (The buffalo fueling the aircraft up i based off of a oshkosh PLS with fuel tank. As a matter of fact the oshkosh and buffalo systems look similar. Especially in the cab area.)

nqCiNOE.png

A picture of the VTOL with mininus in the skies.

pHOMynN.png

This one reminds me of a SR-71 startup at sundown.

rkKb5wY.png

Sundown from the cabin.

4xTCN3t.png

A view of the crew

EDSa1qv.png

This is just a plain ripoff of that famous SR-71 picture.

KMznsbX.png

Another picture with a celestial body.

So that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed :D

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2013 at 5:11 PM, rosenkranz said:

Alright, here's another try using imgur.

5Oc8w57.jpg

Here's a segment of the 'KSP Plague' with a crew capacity of 30 and enough fuel and monoprop for most small missions. The plan is to have 3 of these hooked up to a central fuel core.

Finally.. Got imgur to work.

Seems legit,

Edited by The Moose In Your House