Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Not as fancy as some of the other pictures in this thread, but it's my first station (slightly modified stock station core), with two Phoenix orbiters docked. There are currently 8 Kerbals aboard.

LKO-3.png

The orbiters were originally in a different plane, docked together. We ran a simulated rescue mission by having one orbiter do the plane change and rendezvous burns with the second orbiter still docked. Once they got close to the station, they separated and docked with the station individually.

Inspired by Pleborian's effort, tried to build something that didn't want to make you pull your hair out building track. Failed miserably! the track is too parts-expensive to lay many segments, sadly.

8675242660_ef28049f2b_c.jpg

It's given me lots of ideas for cheaper options, but it's horrendously timeconsuming to test :P

Edited by Van Disaster

This thread is always so full of win :D But i must admitt i got a bit shocked when i saw that pokemon, what r u doing by the launchpad pokeman? haha

Big pictures incoming

GAgfmqd.jpg Great now he wont leave the cabin (or he got stuck on the door collider hahaha)

ZHwwC68.jpg

knR4tJa.jpg Time to move to the moon (the flag uses some animations so you can raise it, and it moves like in a fake wind

About a week ago, I landed on Dres, AT LAST...

So, here are some shots from the mission, undertaken by no other than Jeb, Bill, and Bob :)

nlZcwbKl.png

In orbit...

Bn3rIp4l.png

Beginning landing procedure. The transfer unit remains in orbit around the body it flies to and acts as a satellite.

Hu7txm1l.jpg

Nearly...

ugt7aEEl.png

...and touchdown! Jeb wanted to land by that canyon, so he did, despite the silent protesting of Bill and Bob...

VIxLhy6l.jpg

Jeb comes away from his little exploration of the canyon thinking "I should have brought a rover..."

So yeah, Dres. Now it's just Vall, Tylo, Bop, Pol, and Eeloo to land on, and I'll have reached every planet/moon thus far. Just you watch, they'll add new planets as soon as I think I'm done (I want them to do that actually, I really want to see a dark blue gas giant like Neptune).

Also, some shots I took of my Eve rover...

zokJprrl.jpg

I neglect Eve so badly, I've only been there twice since 0.18 came out, and maybe 4 times total. Duna gets all the attention :huh:

Nlqmx1Cl.png

Ah yes, the heatshield. Completely unnecessary at this point, but it looks cool :P

rHmfNxrl.png

And if it did work, then thank Kerbin for that, because it got VERY hot there by the looks of it. (This re-entry plasma lingered for about 10 minutes during my aerobraking and descent, not the usual 30 seconds to a minute on Kerbin...)

y7ztiGjl.png

Time for the skycrane...

2534k2Jl.png

'Explosions' in the background make things look more awesome... oh yeah, it landed successfully. I suppose that's a more important piece of information :P

fATl2Sgl.png

Daytime shot.

7RnMphQl.png

Art-y shot. Quite nice, actually.

J4Gw9SRl.png

Testing the water, only to realise it isn't water and pull out before the tyres are melted off...

VIxLhy6l.jpg

Jeb comes away from his little exploration of the canyon thinking "I should have brought a rover..."

Few weeks ago I drove an unmanned rover all the way east to west through that canyon. It was an epic journey but I have no desire to ever repeat it.

My latest monstrosity (I am a remotetech addict)

The Relios corporation specializing in orbital and stellar communication systems, designed to fill the needs of even the most ambitious space agency's communication program announces the launch of their new Relios 6 Star System Switchboard. This giant relay sports 25 900gm dishes and multiple power systems to support the relay for even extended periods in complete darkness. Equipped with 4x NERVA engines and enough fuel for over 7000m/s of deltaV this relay can be placed in orbit around any desired body or around the Kerbol system in general. The 25 long range dishes allows the KSC to maintain communications across the Kerbol system at all times by automatically switching between peer relays as the signal changes. The Relios 6 also comes equipped with both standard docking port sizes for re-fueling and service.

fMV3kaW.jpg

Due to its large size it is delivered with a custom lift system designed to place the relay and 99.999% of it's fuel (a total of approx 255-tons) into a stable 100km orbit above Kerbin.

ZmbduKw.jpg