Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Some more career mode pics... been a busy time around the red planet.

Val aligns orbital plane with the 2nd manned Duna lander for a contract rendezvous.

0W15W6N.png

2nd manned Duna lander testing a separator for a contract (shame I didn't test the inflatable heatshield first).

bGzXh1i.png

Took the 2nd manned Duna lander for a trip to Ike. Seen here after return to orbit awaiting rendezvous with the transfer vehicle before making the trip home.

mcIBzkX.png

Sending an engineer up to a contract Mun mining vessel (would have been a lot cheaper to have remembered to put him in it in the first place).

uWMp6Vv.png

Val prepares to drop of a rover at Duna.

GS2jZT9.png

Edited by purpleivan

The KSC is having trouble on an Eve lander design after the company that made the engines for the Laythe and Duna Landers stopped making the powerful models (They were highly radioactive) plus they needed to test if this new experimental material can withstand Eve's pressure and gravity.

Bill had the idea to build a lander from the novel he's reading about a bunch of ape like creatures landing on a Planet that is bigger than Eve, so they agreed and did an unmanned test.

20170913163924_1_by_pudgemountain-dbncct

We fixed the nosedive issue that happened with Elvira and the Classified first unmanned landing attempt.

20170913164102_1_by_pudgemountain-dbncct

Drogue Chute deployed.

20170913171215_1_by_pudgemountain-dbnccs

Main Chute deployed.

20170913172026_1_by_pudgemountain-dbnccs

We have landed.

20170913175325_1_by_pudgemountain-dbnccr

Unfortunately the engines were too weak to get it off the ground, but good news is the Material used to make the lander did work and we had contact with the lander for 17 days before the signal went out.

Edited by Pudgemountain

So I was going through some old screenshots and I found this little thing

FK6p1FE.jpg

IIRC, I was messing around with extensions to BDArmory, and testing the practicality of nukes in space combat. So, I detonated a nuke in the middle of a group of frigates. Sorry about the bad screenshot, the game was lagging so bad that I was only able to get this one picture

We are still trying to develop an Eve lander, however we got the green light for a Manned orbit of Eve, spacewalk and a landing on it's moon Gilly.

Spoiler

The first manned flight of the Kaluga variant of the Gemini/Orion nuclear pulse rocket.

20170918205727_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1pb

Lt. Major Tom Kerman is the first Kerbal to spacewalk above Eve.

20170918210632_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1pa

First person view test.

20170918210735_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1pa

POV of Vladimir Kerman walking to the lander.

20170920130840_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1pa

(Inhales) I am gonna kill the guy who keeps allowing Jeb to install the cameras.

20170920134331_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1p9

20170920134351_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1p9

Flag pose.

20170920140622_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1p8

We made it back home safely.

20170920150506_1_by_pudgemountain-dbo1p8

Sorry for the lack of pictures of the spacewalk and surface of Gilly but this mission took me hours to do.

Here are pictures of my future mod ''DoubleDouble'' WIP

(DoubleDouble is a mod that add a solar system that has 4 stars!)

Pictures :

z7dflrw.png

Crisi system

4XuCEIB.png

Kerbin with the mod ''DoubleDouble''

vpQHUby.png

Eeloo with the mod ''DoubleDouble''

sRBCFAx.png

Draco this is the only moon of Willana (Sorry for the graphic bug :/)

vi9xut6.png

Moho with the mod ''DoubleDouble''

50teeiH.png

Picture of Milo

utptv97.png

Crisi-BA and Crisi-BB

aodxP4j.png

Crisi-AA and Crisi-AB

f303gkR.png

Picture of Willana

RwzBGHR.png

Kerbal in normal

https://imgur.com/a/y7Wgw

*sniff*

I was trying to have a somewhat emotional evening, so I decided to go through the oldest screenshots I have on this computer. There are older ones (on the brick and the potato, respectively) so I didn't expect to see anything tear jerking. I was wrong.

I just got - it's been so long since I've actually played KSP. I mean, recently I've done RO/RP-0, which is fun... Before that I got sucked up into writing, which means playing to follow a story in a specific direction. It also limits you because if you get too far ahead in gameplay then you don't remember how to make the story...

It's been several months, if not a year.

Man.

In this album of screenshots I found screenshot number 326.

nZa9r6Y.png

This screenshot, for me, represents future memories and lost dreams simultaneously.

I'm ashamed I can't even remember the order of my early crewed planetary expeditions. Before this came Dunarian IVB, another Duna mission, an Orion style Eve flyby, a Jool flyby maybe... And I'm 90% sure this was before I tried to recreate Kusster's Eve story in my own save...

Anyways, this was the launch of - oh. I forgot its name. Silly me.

This was one of my first 5 or so manned interplanetary expeditions, way back in 1.0.5. I remember it was a very special occasion, particularly because it was my first manned interplanetary voyage in career mode. All earlier attempts were in sandbox. I remember I went all out - I built giant fireworks, I downloaded someone's crew transport bus and spelled "EVE" on the back using linear RCS ports... I made the epic looking launch tower which included an interior ladder, an upper observation deck, and an almost functional (those fairings) crew boarding arm.

The six souls onboard became, if I recall correctly, the first Kerbals to land on Gilly for me, ever. In fact, one Kerbal, I forget who, became the first part to touch Gilly, before even the landing legs. The return mission nearly ended in disaster, however, due to a low fuel margin and a terribly built spaceplane... Okay, I admit, I may have used ignore max temperature...

The point is, I kept looking through my screenshots... I found so much unfinished business... my first Mun and Minmus bases, several careers, two pre Project-Intrepid Intrepid prototypes, an asteroid station, and the big one: Jool Expedition Two.

Jool Expedition Two was supposed to be a follow up to Jool Expedition One, a flotilla that sent ten or so ships to Jool (and landed Kerbals on Bop, Pol, Tylo, and Laythe, but not Vall). It left the mothership behind due to a lack of fuel where it became Vall Station Petersen. The Laythe plane is still on Laythe, the SSTO still in orbit... the ScanSat still orbiting Pol... waiting for years to be used...

And there was that one way Laythe base...

*sigh*

If only I had an infinite amount of time on my hands...

41NJLsc.png

DDsqnn0.png

gf0HtVI.png

P784bBX.png

V9ELnNc.png

R1sqXZ8.png

IxWsJYw.png

EDIT: Another relatable but non KSP gif:

Image result for outlaw star gene gif

All I know about this picture is that I have seen it around and it's from an anime somewhere, but it looks really cool... man, I wish we made rockets like that...

Edited by Ultimate Steve

Yet more images from my 1.3 career game.

A return vehicle sent up to bring back home the crew of a couple of Kerbin orbiting stations.AavqHj5.png

One of the crew of the Eve 1 inspecting the topping up with fuel for the long trip ahead. Fuel kindly supplied by the fuel section of a contract Minmus station. Eve 1 will be dropping of a comms relay and and Eve rover, while the crew gets to land on Gilly to mine for fuel for the trip home.sgus9yx.png

After a couple of years on the surface Mun Base 2 is back in Mun orbit, ready to refuel then return home.FJJl7Ez.png

Some luck guy got to take this little speedster out to plant flags at the end of the runway for returning spaceplane navigation.BVyK347.png

Talking of which, a spaceplane in orbit.UwzTCIT.png

Then later when picking up the engineer from a contract Mun ISRU vehicle in Kerbin orbit.65NLbps.png

Another spaceplane enabled crew return mission, this time from a contract station which had an insane mono specification. At least it had some LF and LO to top up its visitor.9hmas49.png

Edited by purpleivan