Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

2 minutes ago, Starlord Kerman said:

What engines are those spelling EVE on the back? Look like they'd be good for a VTOL plane.

Those are the inline RCS thrusters. Might be useful for a tiny VTOL plane, but not much else. They are pretty small and have pretty bad sea level isp.

Pictures from two failed unmanned Eve landings, I don't even know if the modified Mun rocket or the SRBs will work cause I can't get them to land properly.

The first attempt had a ignition failure causing the main engine to not start, making it land too hard destroying the legs.

Spoiler

First attempt.

20171003161547_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2m

20171003162107_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2m

20171003162719_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2m

So far so good.

20171003162837_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

Landed too hard.

20171003163006_2_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

Attempt number 2

Spoiler

Eve has fog?

20171003164512_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

The fog must be getting thicker.

20171003165917_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

That wasn't fog.

20171003170346_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2l

20171003170548_1_by_pudgemountain-dbpf2k

These setbacks wont stop me from doing a manned mission to Eve's surface and back, I'll keep trying.

Edited by Pudgemountain
Premature posting again.

So I've recently set out to building bases on the two moons of Kerbin. I currently have a Mun base with 1 rover, 1 escape craft (which will only allow one person to escape, because bad design choice), the autonomous lander that brought two rovers there (blew one rover up, because I'm stupid), and of course the habitation and laboratory craft.

https://gyazo.com/96cf440c4376e54c01658d3cb2dfd154

I also currently have a Minmus base in LKO orbit, which also carries two rovers and a habitation/laboratory craft. I'm awaiting the satellites to be put in a polar orbit of Minmus, so I have constant communication. I apparently don't have a picture of my Minmus base, and since I don't feel like opening up KSP, I'll show a picture of my SSTO rocket that took the parts into orbit.

https://gyazo.com/5c2fc46177af073ebd8602fb178c644a

It's theoretically capable of 100 tons to LKO, and I learned a lot from my first launch. Mainly, I should shield my probe core so it doesn't almost explode.

https://gyazo.com/c66daaa52549c3720b5413070e915b9a

Anyways, I plan on using that rocket to lift heavy payloads into LKO. These payloads will subsequently power themselves off to other moons and planets. I am planning on a Duna mission, which will bring a base, some rovers, some satellites, and some kerbals over to Duna. It's gonna be a complex mission to say the least, and I plan on putting together a mission report of the whole excursion. It will be my first interplanetary mission ever in KSP, so I'm both excited and nervous.

1 minute ago, Scteam said:

I currently have a Mun base with 1 rover, 1 escape craft (which will only allow one person to escape, because bad design choice), the autonomous lander that brought two rovers there (blew one rover up, because I'm stupid), and of course the habitation and laboratory craft

That is one cool-looking rover! 

2 hours ago, monstah said:

That is one cool-looking rover! 

Thank you. I was going for maximum usability, but I also wanted the aesthetics to be pleasant too. The only thing I didn't like was the satellite dish on the front of the rover. I plan on refining the design for my Duna missions.

This is my latest creation, and a retirement home for my 5-star Kerbals. I call it "Puff Ball Station". It holds about 850 Kerbals, 4 small scooters and one scooter built around a Klaw. It was going to be in a Keostationary orbit, but the first part of it ran out of run a few tens of kilometers to low, so I built it there. It took 6 launches to assemble.

0NBgQnW.png

On 9/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

Image result for outlaw star gene gif

All I know about this picture is that I have seen it around and it's from an anime somewhere, but it looks really cool... man, I wish we made rockets like that...

Outlaw Star. Thats the name of the anime.