Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

wY80x2y.png

The White Dragon Mission when above the Mun. The mission was to land near the MCM Base, take a surface sample, and fly back. Trunk is used to go from Low Kerbin Orbit to Mun Orbit, and then begin descenting. Top is Descent Vehicle with a Ascent Vehicle inside. After taking samples - fairings up and ROA(Rapid Orbit Ascent - it is my private abbreviation!). Full mass - 11 tons, Descent Vehicle - 6 tons, Ascent Vehicle - 0.7 tons.

VP1sMxZ.png

White Dragon's booster. An innovation - control surfaces on the top to control rocket at the moment between Return Maneuver and Powered Propulsive Landing.

myhlpRI.png

Dragon-C (Crewed) version 1.0(only 3 crew members :( , in later versions it will be up to 5). Successfull propulsive landing after 15 orbits.

YkkvQd5.png

Dragon-C v1.0 docked to UKSS(United Kerbal Space Station). Notice that it is a heavy, massive propulsion module instead of hollow trunk.

8HvbAZE.png

Say hi!

0UnZJKl.png

Kerbolrise from a perspective of MCM.

46V63AX.png

Meet new Dragon-C v1.1!!! 4 places, hollow trunk to carry up to 3 tons of unpressurized cargo, and also some place for pressurized cargo! Weight without any cargo - about 8 tons.

VdFhDVV.png

Today we are carrying a 2-ton Escape Pod Module to our UKSS. Sadly, I didn't install a probe core, so we must call the pilot:

j4ZawBa.png

Then a long story - first of all, a decoupler was too powerful, so I needed to catch my pod. After catching, I prepared for a peaceful docking. But I saw that RCS isn't working. It was my first docking WITHOUT RCS :cool:. It was exciting. And a special goal for me - I used MechJeb only for DeltaV monitoring and maneuver executing. Also it was the second successful first stage landing. 

The result:

yCouuwt.png

mgnKtjL.png

Undocking.

lxzYOKl.png

Deorbit burn.

YA2E7lf.png

Reentry.

VPqqUi9.png

Parachute landing. Why not propulsive? Because I decided to leave this engines for Emergency Escape and orbital maneuvers(because now trunk doesn't contain fuel). Why without  covering? Because I forgot what chutes don't open in fairings. Wait for next version!

daIi3kg.png

Splashdown with henious overtipping.  Also we left our pilot onboard of station. :/

Edited by FeofileGrotter

I'm getting close to some REAL interplanetary spaceflight in R.S.S....

Still struggling with packing enough snacks for the whole 3-year trip to Mars, so I dare not venture outside Earth's SOI yet.

A series of N.S.S's (Nuclear Shuttle Systems) are launched and act as space tugs to build an infrastructure to support Mars landings.

Step one: Capture near-Earth asteroid and bring it into orbit around the Moon! (Maybe we can visit it later)

L6splt5.jpg

QnasEE4.png

Step two: Visit the asteroid!

RM1BhCv.jpg

eHG62LP.jpg

my Chaka monkey Orion CM/SM decoupler seems to be migrating southward...

Houston, we've landed on the Moon!

...of the moon!

Hy guys!

I was a bit off from the Forum for a bit long time. The last thing what I made, is a 3-wheeled rover. A decade ago - or so - LEGO made something similar, so I implemented this beast into the world of KSP!
I linked here the video about the rover to see how it behaves under various conditions.
Here you are! :)

FHJTEcy.jpg

kjhY5kd.jpg

I took Jeb out in a micro plane for tour to the runway island this afternoon.

A fine machine, if a little unstable, especially on takeoff

EKBiEP6.png

Phew... in the air at last.

YvvVt4M.png

Buzzing the monolith

osAT8Yn.png

Runway island dead ahead.

G0de4ki.png

Don't think this will quite make it to the Mun, so better head back to the KSC Jeb.

j9HC5b7.png

Watch out for the tower.

LRUiqDr.png

Put the kettle on, he's almost home.

y1x4YLv.png

This was not in the flight plan.

AW0RtrA.png