Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Just wanned to sare an amazing pic that took a Little of time to get:

bFKUoRG.png

I used the now flameout effects of the aircraft engine to make it look like the engine is on fire.(wich it actually is on fire).To get the pic right i sarted smashing the f1 key until i got the perfect shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a looong time since I played KSP.  Trying to figure out an Eve return vehicle configuration. Frankenstein rocket hit 4000 m\s straight up out of Kerbin before engaging last ion stage.  So we will see.

I3jP9nD.png

Edited by sumrex

Some fun on my end:

3uMDaGs.png

Working slotted flaps on a 747. 

c9e0tdC.png

Nuclear-thermal water propulsion system-powered interplanetary spaceplane.  The Super Leviathan.

It performed amazingly, though I had to use a pretty powerful reactor set for it to fly.

c7KTsKd.png

Low Laythe Orbit just after ascending back out of a ram-air refueling.  (Water-for-fuel is amazing that way.)

Meanwhile, back on Kerbin...

bzRdziQ.png

A logical next-step in Tilt-rotor aircraft.  An air support gunship

Bif5Lxy.png

Friends for life through thick and thin, with another Tale to Spin! 

SPIN IT!

plWZdzK.png

And with upgrades.  More powerful engines, larger tail fins, and a bigger cup holder.

4SP2NuF.png

Concept Evolution, the Tilt-floater...  Float-rotor... something.

9ithpeF.png

And of course, morning with a new aircraft at a newer airport.

Some pics of Val's one way trip to the Mun as an entry to the Weekly Challenge Impact the Mun.

As I wasn't going to be in the running for the fastest time, I made an entry for what I like to call the "one brave volunteer" catagory. That volunteer being Val (Jeb wimped out).

Lots of Vectors powering this thing straight up with a TWR of 5+ on each stage.

2oz8VHz.jpg

Separating the many stages with many Vectors, to continue on powered by... more Vectors.

ezJghUX.jpg

This stage burning out could not come fast enough, as during the last few seconds it was wobbling heavily with large explosions from the engine area.

do5OyFU.jpg

Val powering on towards her impact... er... "landing" on the Mun

zMRbBd1.jpg

Val leaves the "safety" of the command pod, for a front row seat.

YvZLABM.jpg

That Mun's getting bigger real fast now.

By5xTIj.jpg

Seconds away from impact, Val finally loses it completely. Manic laughter or sheer terror... I'll let you decide.

ZDeQABI.jpg

Signal with the vehicle was lost on impact, in a time of 18m 28s from launch. Not a great time (several in the challenge faster than that, including a couple of mine), but my flight did  manufacture some Mystery Goo as a byproduct :wink:

Made my first vertically launched SSTO.

ULXW1Qa.png

I've done harder things, but this is something that never occured to me before reading about other people's exploits with them.

Probably should have equiped it with parachutes, so it could return to the surface.