Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

7 hours ago, KerballingSmasher said:

@dok_377 That’s a big RUD! What happened?

I was testing the way to remove struts from the landed booster with KAS, but with the way the stock struts work, my way of doing it wasn't safe, apparently. When I moved one end of the strut, the other end was still considered "attached". The game didn't like that, to say the least. I found way better ways of doing so since. 

17 hours ago, dok_377 said:

I was testing the way to remove struts from the landed booster with KAS, but with the way the stock struts work, my way of doing it wasn't safe, apparently. When I moved one end of the strut, the other end was still considered "attached". The game didn't like that, to say the least. I found way better ways of doing so since. 

I thought you were laying out all the parts from your Rokea “Röckêt” flat pack, trying to find all the 15C screws and the ubiquitous Allen key...

So, this isn't a phenomenal picture, but last time I played you couldn't do this.  Any of this.  Well, flags have been around for quite a bit, but it's crazy how many things that used to be mods are now stock in one way or another.

aM6iot1.jpg

So people kept comparing my spacecraft to fictional submarine vessels (cough... subnautica... cough). The next step was inevitable I think. Introducing the first terrestrial vehicle department of ASE (my fictional spacecraft company :cool:). It is the first KSP submarine I build and I had a lot to learn. Turboprops don't work under water sadly :( and getting the balance between control and stability is very tricky. It helped to stop thinking of it as a sub but instead as an inverted zeppelin. The craft is still a work in progress but it maneuvers really well (for a sub) already. I hope to share the craft soon. Thinking of perhaps recording a cinematic of a mission I'm planning for it. Not sure yet whether I'll take it to Eve or Laythe though.

Xx0Z7vW.png

syA9qay.png

A riff on the the original Apollo Applications Program concept for the Apollo Telescope Mount. I substitued small space station parts in place of a heavily modified LEM.

E6Cfjwr.png?1