Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

A recently made Kiebherr KRT 1090-2.1 (Kerbal version of Liebherr LRT 1090-2.1) If you go to the "Heavy mobile crane trucks-Who all has them" thread, you will see more pictures of cranes, including my KTM 1120-4.1, KTM 1030-2.1, and KTC 1050-3.1 (Liebherr LTM 1120-4.1, LTM 1030-2.1, and LTC  1050-3.1 respectively, you get the idea-Add a "K") I will post the other cranes here later. 

I found the eve green monolith close to the south pole, and since i was there, i decided to check on it and see if it was any good.

87CFmUD.png

c8JGw2B.png

dUd4tSq.png

turns out there is this cliff that only exhist when seen on one side. so, i named it schroedinger's cliff

YBvqfTK.png

there is also a floating boulder

vNgBgTt.png

the scenery itself is quite dramatic. the south pole is a narrow cliff directly facing the sea. there is a 1500 m vertical drop there, in what must be one of the steepest places in the whole system

next i tried to drive my plane through the cliff; it went in from the invisible side, but it exploded upon exiting on the other side.

but i was able to find a way in at the base of the cliff

y5jkYO9.png

du5c4s4.png

it's like a door to the netherworld. i could move around as much as i wanted once inside, but for some reason i was slower than on the outside. i spent a few minutes there before going out again and resuming the mission.

Launching of the Van Kerman Deep Space Telescope. rocket was nicknamed Space Needle, don't know why Gene thought of that nickname but it was the one pulled out of the hat.

20210405112920_1_by_pudgemountain_dehedks-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD04MDAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC81Y2VkMDg2Yi1hNTBjLTRiMWQtYmZmYi1iZGE5ZjE5ODI3NWZcL2RlaGVka3MtYzcxMTBjNjMtNjY1My00OGY2LWI1MjEtNDRhYWJiNzkyNjFmLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.3oIr6g2UMmkBbMfFpyKq1lfppw6YroFap2eKXvYWAew

Ah the S-IV stage it has so many uses like, carrying a lunar module, being a habitat for planetary flybys, a space station and now a telescope.

20210405114124_1_by_pudgemountain_dehedkd-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD04MDAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC81Y2VkMDg2Yi1hNTBjLTRiMWQtYmZmYi1iZGE5ZjE5ODI3NWZcL2RlaGVka2QtMjkzZjI1ZGEtNzhmMS00ZDM4LTg3ZDAtYmY4MmY4ZjRjNzJiLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.URoLCKNQ7tEghsI0SXYXh9iFgSLpJfwCK4VUFP2XjzA

On 3/27/2021 at 10:33 AM, Ben J. Kerman said:

A recently made Kiebherr KRT 1090-2.1 (Kerbal version of Liebherr LRT 1090-2.1) If you go to the "Heavy mobile crane trucks-Who all has them" thread, you will see more pictures of cranes, including my KTM 1120-4.1, KTM 1030-2.1, and KTC 1050-3.1 (Liebherr LTM 1120-4.1, LTM 1030-2.1, and LTC  1050-3.1 respectively, you get the idea-Add a "K") I will post the other cranes here later. 

sir you might like kranes too much

hmmm ok

(unrelated image) (for this threads orginal propuse)

hPQ21uS.png

this is the Little Kerb 1 rocket

its a recreation of the Little Joe rocket to test the abort system

it has a working abort tower, crew acess walkway (not from history) and recovery aids that deploy after the parachute pops (with is under the abort tower)

18 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Very cool!

Will the tug be reused in the future, or does it only have enough fuel to reach minmus?

Inferring by the name tug it will likely be refuelled but I can't see any docking ports or RCS so I have no clue if it can.