Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Damn, i forgot that re-entry can still be deadly even on stock ksp, i was a little agressive in my layth aerobrake, and dove down to 18K from interplanetary speeds (Straight Form Kerbin) and just snapped in half

YSalgDtl.pngzUGrmYzl.png

ZykSCzMl.pngIrUhtpIl.png

Logs recorded something approaching 38 G's before she split in half

Damn, i forgot that re-entry can still be deadly even on stock ksp, i was a little agressive in my layth aerobrake, and dove down to 18K from interplanetary speeds (Straight Form Kerbin) and just snapped in half

Yea, that nearly happened to me when deorbiting a space station.

Certainly not as impressive as some of the other rocket designs in this thread, but this is my first reusable Mun lander system and I'm exceptionally proud of it. The "shuttle" transfer stage is small but is large enough to hold 2 extra Kerbalnauts to crew the lander and enough fuel for the return trip with a little extra in the even of emergencies. The only real problems I have with it are balance issues from the lander making the nose dip, and the rendezvous between the lander and the shuttle is a bit harrowing.

DlulbhY.jpg

Working on some images for the next chapter of Kerbal Khronicles.

Be nice, I fought tooth and nail with this bugger to get anything even remotely close to what I was aiming for. :D

OW0gDsh.jpg

Im gonna do this! :D

Im gonna do this! :D

Actually, if anybody wants to play with this (extremely short-range) little devil, here's the .craft file*. I built this strictly for the look. It only needed to fly long enough for me to get it in the air and capture an angle with the blue sky behind it so it would be easier to crop out. Thank heavens there are no clouds (yet)!! :D

It actually flies pretty well, right up until the fuel tank starts running low. >_>

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2004695/KerbalSpaceProgram/Horizon%20Scout.craft

*B9 Aerospace and Procedural Dynamics wings required

YSalgDtl.pngzUGrmYzl.png

ZykSCzMl.pngIrUhtpIl.png

Not to worry, you're still flying half the ship. (Movie quote...sort of)

The only surviving scout ship from the Far Horizon prepares to land, as the Horizon explodes.

Stupid Imgur... compressing the bejesus out of my work... :(

try Flickr

I've got quite a bit going on in the past few weeks..

One new, one old-but-refined launcher(s):

The Betelgeuse-V Ultra-Heavy (114 tons, stack based, to LKO, just barely)

C91ouZV.jpg

And its older, but much easier to control, and better refined cousin:

The Betelgeuse-I Delta-Heavy (67 tons test, 65 tons recommended max payload to LKO)

The Delta-Heavy variant of the Betelgeuse is a more modernized and refined version of the one I currently have on Spaceport. I'll be uploading soon, likely deleting the old one.

WubLH29.jpg

The core and solar array of my new Deneb station, already lagtastic as normal. I don't know how big I'll be able to make this one.

ZLqvuvn.jpg

Encountering Laythe on a drop into Jool from a 785Km apojool on a retrograde orbit. Laythe encounter lasted 4 minutes on x1 warp.

11HFmAm.png

Encountering the subsequent atmosphere on Jool. I burned past the "flames" in about 5 seconds.

DKgcng0.jpg

gKRWPE3.jpg

The precious cargo, with chutes out:

5MICeU0.png

And that's about all I have recently. Think I'm going to drop a few new craft onto the Spaceport and head to bed.

try Flickr

I have a Flickr account too. It's even worse. :/

I may just be running afoul of some Photoshop retardation though, given that my images are physically smaller than KSP's own screencaps, but the files PS outputs tend to be a good deal larger in file size. Since Imgur compresses to 1MB for free accounts (and Flickr apparently compresses always), I have to do some digging into why PS is spitting out these much larger png files.