Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

This is my first time I ever "landed" on the Mun. After this I just gunned the engine not knowing what to do and promptly disassembled my space craft and killed the pilot(I have gotten better at landing).

3A5KJFL

Okay, so I got Bobcat's Soviet pack the other day and decided to see how they worked with my also recently acquired Deadly Re-entry and Ioncross Crew Support. Unfortunately, the Buran and Kliper don't seem to get along well with DE and FAR combo, and none of the pods support ICS, oh well, they're cool designs and the Soyuz craft work great. Anyways, decided to modify a Soyuz TMA to carry the LK lander for a quick Mun touch and go. The mission was mostly successful (the lander tipped over and busted the docking port, but I managed to right it), but on the return trip a strange anomaly appeared in deep space.

p><p>I F5ed and tried to reach it, but s

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/UY590kg.png' alt='UY590kg.png'>

There was one other glitch on that mission; as I disassembled the Soyuz for re-entry, I realized a minute too late that I had forgotten to transfer Bill from the orbital module to the decent module. RIP Bill Kerman, you will be missed (you made a great splash though).

EDIT:I thought I had my draw distance higher. Thanks to non-rendered craft not recieving atmo drag, Bill is still alive. It will be an interesting rescue (as his periapsis is just under 25km), but he can be saved...

Edited by espm400

New save,new station,currently about 50% done.

Currently docked sections: Command section,2 residential sections,2 hubs for station expansion and the main generator to keep the crew warm and cozy during those cold winter nights.

Part count: 74

Total mass: 114.24t

Max Crew: 93 (must be cramped in there,good thing Bill is the only resident atm)

u3LXWBB.png

AWuSfgI.jpg

hvORaZf.jpg

tnulKJO.jpg

CSe5pYi.jpg

Looks like a strange Robot, trying to hug me :-D

I'm curious about the finished station!

Edited by Maschinenbauer
just a little mistake

Hy fellow KSP-ers this is cadet abahnur here. I've posted about me joining the Kerbal Space Program, and I could not be happier, xcept I AM! My friend lent his Client to me until he's on vacation which is like...the rest of the summer (hellz yeah) and Though I gonna buy the game for me self I could not stop jumping up and down like a ten years old at Christmas. After hours of struggle to build my very own ship and launcher i managed to get this beauty (to me at least) into orbit

[sPOLIER]ixkd.jpg

and after crazy ammount of luck and adjusting i've actually managed to orbit the MUN! And yeah I know Scott said the second moon of Kerbal wuld be much easier to land on and such but I just wanted to do this, ....

4n4o.jpg

quick question tough, as you can see i got these tiny little thrusters on 3 points around the landing part,... what kind of fuel does those use? I've read it's liquid, but despite me having more than enough of liquid fuel they do not operate even after manually igniting them, do I have to place them directly on the fuel tanks? ... Anyhow I'm happy and as soon as I feel ready I land it :D

Cadet abahnur out.

Yes, you do need to put them directly on the fuel tank, or they won't work.

Or run fuel lines to them from a fuel tank.

Here's an example where I'm doing just that with those same engines on my LGV Dragon-X "rover":

Mvk7WyE.jpg

Hy fellow KSP-ers this is cadet abahnur here. I've posted about me joining the Kerbal Space Program, and I could not be happier, xcept I AM! My friend lent his Client to me until he's on vacation which is like...the rest of the summer (hellz yeah) and Though I gonna buy the game for me self I could not stop jumping up and down like a ten years old at Christmas. After hours of struggle to build my very own ship and launcher i managed to get this beauty (to me at least) into orbit

and after crazy ammount of luck and adjusting i've actually managed to orbit the MUN! And yeah I know Scott said the second moon of Kerbal wuld be much easier to land on and such but I just wanted to do this, ....

quick question tough, as you can see i got these tiny little thrusters on 3 points around the landing part,... what kind of fuel does those use? I've read it's liquid, but despite me having more than enough of liquid fuel they do not operate even after manually igniting them, do I have to place them directly on the fuel tanks? ... Anyhow I'm happy and as soon as I feel ready I land it :D

Cadet abahnur out.

It's pretty. A bit strung out and tricky to control probably, but nice.

Yes, those thrusters use the typical Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer, but any engine like that had to be directly connected to:

A fuel tank/all fuel tanks it will draw from;

A fuel line FROM the tanks it will draw from;

A part connected to a fuel line FROM the tanks.

The last one doesn't make much logical sense, in that a part which has no use for the fuel can distribute it, but I've seen it work in other people's designs. Haven't used it myself.

NoSpaceToday_zpsccb63d46.png

Nelnard Kerman will NOT be going to space today... The entire lifter and his station module, except for the tiny bit he's left in, did a Mini-Kessler Syndrome on him. He did make a successful parachute re-entry, since that was supposed to be one of the Station's escape pods.

EVEprobeunderburn_zps6d98d4f8.png

And maybe not excessively spectacular, but here's an Eve-bound mapping probe under full burn, just after leaving Kerbin's SOI.

Edited by CCKinnison

Made these in addition to the previous ones to add to the second chapter of the Kerbal Khronicles story I'm working on (in the blog section):

Scout_hover_rescue.png

Scout_leaving_rescue.png

Lots and lots of Photoshop tweaking, toying and all-around gits and shiggles. :D

Made these in addition to the previous ones to add to the second chapter of the Kerbal Khronicles story I'm working on (in the blog section):

Scout_hover_rescue.png

Scout_leaving_rescue.png

Lots and lots of Photoshop tweaking, toying and all-around gits and shiggles. :D

this might be true sooner or later....atleast i hope so :)

I think the first image is okay but the second one has far too many trees and other objects in the background drawing attention away from the ship. The blurring of the ship itself probably doesn't help either.

Not an expert on those sorts of things but I do remember coming across comments in the past saying to aspiring shoopers and photographers to avoid scenes with too much noise and distractions which draw attention away from the intended focus of the image.

I think the first image is okay but the second one has far too many trees and other objects in the background drawing attention away from the ship. The blurring of the ship itself probably doesn't help either.

Not an expert on those sorts of things but I do remember coming across comments in the past saying to aspiring shoopers and photographers to avoid scenes with too much noise and distractions which draw attention away from the intended focus of the image.

I'm already keen on the factors you pointed out, but bear in mind these images weren't created just for the sake of making them; they were put together as a bit of eye-candy to be embedded with a story project. These are scene pieces, meaning the entire image is meant to have equal attention as a whole, not simply draw the viewer's eye to the ship. Think of a capture from a single frame of a movie. The image is rarely something that could ever be considered a high grade composition on its own, because it wasn't created to be that. These images I've done are similar, in that I'm not putting hours of effort into refining them to the point of being worthy wallpaper material.

To this end, some things like blurring were necessary to not only help convey the sense of action happening, but also to get around some edge aliasing that was getting out of hand for that ship, making it look far too obviously fake and "slapped in" with the rest of the image.

Regardless, I appreciate your feedback on these. I'm not at the level of somebody who does it for a living professionally, but I've been around Photoshop for a very long time, since v3. I'm still learning tricks and techniques here and there, so getting some open and honest input is always a plus for me, regardless of the venue in which my efforts are posted. :)

Edited by Deadweasel