Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

The following is the last transmission Hemley Kerman received from the onboard AI after being forcefully ejected from his plane which was failing.

"I am the Pilot Support and Guidance Interface System, by helping you achieve results, I fulfill my reason for existence."

"You will surely find your place in this universe."

"Survive."

"Explore."

"I expect great achievements from your life"

Vu0A95a.png

mkbZHqm.png

To those that knows what/who I'm referencing, I know this is late, and I absolutely have to build a tribute to him, although he's just a fictional character.

Loving how everything looks with this build!

Bill performs a pre-flight on a shuttle before boarding begins

cKvb5Sk.jpg

The view from Dock Kontrol is really slick!

qtCbnAW.jpg

Now if only I could get it running better than 10 fps while in the area. :D

Some pics from my recent Constellation style mission;

++ snip ++

That would have to be one of the most amazing videos and craft I have seen since I started playing KSP, I am lucky to be able to build a rocket that will get me to the mun and I can only land cause I use the "dragon" pod..

I honestly don't know how you can dream up those craft you made let alone get them to other planets and make them work..

GREAT job :)

Very clever and interesting. Will give it a go later for payload bay doors for my spaceplanes.

Check this out:

i made a new stock cargo spaceship, with animated bay doors :)

here are some images of it in orbit:

tTDuD3Ml.jpg

AA7lHmUl.jpg

4A8MsP6l.jpg

BfPeJcJl.jpg

L09LN1fl.jpg

of course, the bay doors use the system i presented in this post :)

some stats about the cargo ship :

number of parts : 237 (492 parts with the launch vehicle)

propellants :

4320 units of liquid fuel,

5280 units of oxydizer,

750 units of monopropellant

Weight (with tanks full, no payload) : 102 tons

Dry weight : 50.99t (with all rocket fuel and monopropellant drained)

Delta-V (empty) : around 5000 m/s - with a TWR of 0.36

Delta-V (50t cargo) : around 3000 m/s - with a TWR of 0.24

so it is able to ferry your precious payloads quite far away :)

docking ports : the cargo ship has 2 exterior docking ports, 1 shielded docking port at the front, and a SR docking port at the rear (if you need to pull extra wide payloads which would not fit inside the cargo bay).

inside the bay, there is 1 standard docking port on each end of the bay, and 4 Jr docking ports at the bottom, so you can dock a wide variety of payloads inside it.

the whole cargo bay is slightly longer than a jumbo tank. (although a jumbo wouldn't fit inside, due to the inside docking ports which reduce a bit the avaible length)

Operation of the bay door system :

note of warning : always close the bay door before attempting to time warp (else, hilarity will ensue during timewarp, as the doors will put themselves in an awkward angle, and the doors will rip off their 'open' docking ports when you exit timewarp)

step 1 : undock the two bay doors (the docking ports are accessible just above the cockpit section)

step 2 : hit G to deploy the landing legs : they will push the bay doors until they connect with their open position docking ports.

step 3 : retract the landing legs with G.

step 4 : undock the bay doors from their open position docking ports, they will slam back in their original position, thanks to the structural pylon elasticity.

after step 4, you can restart from step 1 to open the doors.

launch vehicle : i used temstar's supernova SHLLV to bring it to orbit (the nova can bring it to orbit too, but lack a bit of control authority for such an assymetrical payload, and you end up with several degrees off from your planned orbit)

don't forget to disable gimballing on the boosters of the supernova, (key '0') and set your throttle 2 small notches down from the maximum (to prevent the winglets from making you veer off course). make your G-turn as usual, and set your throttle to max after 20000m.

here's the file with the cargo atop Supernova SHLLV :

http://www./download/5ltng4h7lzxn4qo/Heavy_Cargo.craft

some fun facts about the cargo : while i was testing different launch vehicles, i had several launcher failures - although the external engines could be damaged by the debris, the central bay door whistanded the damage - and the whole cargo bay structure can serve for lithobraking to protect the command pod ! (i've seen the command pod survive a crash at 112m/s on the ground) just try to land cargo bay first, and the structure collapse will protect the command pod.

as always in KSP, have fun :)